• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Update- Changed the heads, now having a differnt problem....

randya

You bet!

I believe that there are a couple of lines that run into the waste tank inside the 1/2" tubing, I think one for each head.

Put a syringe on each of these, one at a time and pull some ink through.

If you have difficulty getting a good seal, have someone push the head to the right a little bit and that will push the cap up against the seal.

randya

is there Lc in the line?

See if you can have someone pull ink while you look at the lines....

If you see a bunch of bubbles and no lc, it would indicate a leak.

If you dont see any action could be a bad damper, damper not connecting well or broken nipple on the head.

It is also possible that ALL the lc nozzles are all plugged (not likely)

Graphics2u

OK I will check that but what bout no printing other than K,C,M?

Not familiar with the head configuration on that printer but do all those 3 colors print from the same head? I think that printer has 2 heads doesn't it? Could be cable is loose or bad. Maybe fuse on mainboard for the head blown?

sfr table hockey

This as a total shot in the dark but I just had a problem with the dampers not filling until a manual syringe fill was done. Print head still would not print. Then checked the drain tubes to find that line was plugged. Ran some cleaning fluid with a syringe through the pump and forced the blockage out. Is there any chance the drain tube line is plugged for that head?

Sorry if this is not even close to the problem but just trying to help from my own dealings.

I pulled ink through both of the drain lines that lead to the waste bottle and the dampers filled. There is a big drain tube that also leads int that bottle. Do you mean that tube or the 2 ink lines?

Graphics2u

This as a total shot in the dark but I just had a problem with the dampers not filling until a manual syringe fill was done. Print head still would not print. Then checked the drain tubes to find that line was plugged. Ran some cleaning fluid with a syringe through the pump and forced the blockage out. Is there any chance the drain tube line is plugged for that head?

Sorry if this is not even close to the problem but just trying to help from my own dealings.
I think his drain tubes are fine. he's pulled ink through them.

Graphics2u

This is From CMYKparts.com He has fuses also.

Attachments

• Fuse Falcon outdoor46-62.jpg
    Fuse Falcon outdoor46-62.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 140

sfr table hockey

I pulled ink through both of the drain lines that lead to the waste bottle and the dampers filled. There is a big drain tube that also leads int that bottle. Do you mean that tube or the 2 ink lines?

My problem was I could not suck anything from the one drain tube in the drain bottle (a very thin line).

Sound like the others think you have already been able to do this and is not the issue.

Thank you! OK so now that I have them located is there a way to test them with a volt meter? I have never seen a fuse like that! How do you go about changing them?

OK I put the ohm meter to it and I am getting a reading from F2 but nothing on F1. Is that the fuse for the head that prints the Y, LC, LM? And how the heck do you change these? I have never changed a fuse that looks like this before.

randya

YEAH!!!

Surface mount fuses can be a bit tricky, but I know someone here that I just helped, was doing one of these, hopefully he will get on here and guide you along.