• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Update on the real Bigdawg

Bigdawg

Just Me
Just wanted to share the good things too :smile:

Hubby got his staples out yesterday - and what a relief that was. He still has very limited mobility on the left side, but they actually gave him permission to start taking a little walk around the neighborhood - down to the stop sign, then a little further after a few days if that doesn't wear him out too bad. Baby steps I know... but that's something he hasn't really been able to do without wearing himself out in the last few months.

The color in him is so drastically different - his face isn't a pale, ashen gray anymore... amazing what having a heartbeat will do for you. My daughter summed it up best. She said he looked like the dad she knew 3 years ago. We really hadn't realized until she said that how long it had been since he even looked well. The only concern is that he's feeling better and won't pay attention to how sick his heart really is. It's going to be a balancing act but dammit - I like this first act!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Great news !!

Hey, got an idea for you guys........... If he has trouble walking down to the stop sign.... either drive him there and let him out at the corner and he can stand there and girl watch or at work, make a stop sign and put it in your living room..........:thumb:

Really, make him understand how his decisions really affect the others around him, then maybe he'll be more appreciative of his second chance here to be with them and he'll heal properly in the right timing.​

OldPaint

keep reminding him........6 MONTHS.....before any stupid schit!!!!! will take that long to regain 75-80% of his former self. oh i met a guy last week, who has a difb/pacemaker and made his go off!!!
he was out in his garage, running the vacuum cleaner(electric) and apparently the floor was wet with water. some how he got NAILED WITH 110v!!!! kicked the difb in, he went down. he came to, went in the house and sat a while.............then went back in the garage.........picked up the hose to vacume cleaner....AND GOT NAILED AGAIN. he made a trip to E.R. but is fine now. said that when the difb went off, was like gettin hit with a bus))))))