• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Update on the real Bigdawg

Marlene

I am at a loss... life was good this morning until the doc visit - and it will be again I know. But today really sucks...

my heart is breaking over this news and I can't even imagine the feelings you are going thru right now.

OldPaint

stacy, i dont understand why they are giving him a chemically induced stress test this soon after the surgery. being in the same ballpark, we are different people but getting back to being who and what he believes as NORMAL....AINT GONA HAPPEN IN 2-3 MONTHS!!!! iam speaking from experience. after my bypass i felt great, but trying to get back to being my "normal" self.........in 3 months, i wound up with a massive heart attack and died!!!!
doctors said after the by pass...6 MONTHS to heal. well, iam so tuff i figured 3 would enough!!!!! so now, i have completed month 4 after the heart attack, as of yesterday, AND I WILL GIVE IT 2-4 MORE MONTHS before i can think of me as "normal." i have been told i will never be who i was dec 2010. body has taken a hit that will probalbly take the rest of my life to recoupe from. if you remember, 6 days after i had the heart attack, the doctors and hospital was telling hennie to make my funeral arrangements!!!!! sometimes they dont know all. tell him to not give up, but to not expect to be 100% of who he was. iam having a hard time with that. i want to be the "badass" at 66 that i was at 30.......aint gona happen. he will get better.........but it will take more then 3 months.

Bigdawg

Just Me
OP - they had to. He had gotten that bad - there was no choice. The doctor considered it carefully before they did the test and they had to stop it part way through. We haven't given up - but the reality that over half his heart is so diseased it doesn't work is a very hard slap. Thanks so much for your post - I really appreciate you sharing and I'm damn glad Henny didn't have to plan that funeral!!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow.............

I have no words, but try to make every moment count.

I knew a guy that had been given a certain amount of time to live. After he came to grips about his future, he was able to do the things he most wanted to do..... as far as his health would permit. He told me and some others, he felt lucky, because unlike us who have no idea when our time is up, he did. So, he could actually start planning. He knew approximately what was going on with his future and made the most of it. He couldn't do everything, but he sure made the best of it.

On another note, when my Mom was alive, she was given 6 months to live and the doctor said there was nothing more they/or medicine could do, so they sent her home to die. 19-1/2 years later, she was again told time was close. This time she had about another year. Life is a miracle so, treat it as such in these times.

Ya never know Stace, so make the best of it and thank God for the other things in life..... kids, grandkids, memories and such.........

We're still praying and have you and Bigdawg in our hearts & thoughts..:thumb:

SignosaurusRex

Thanks for the update Stacy. I know what you are feeling. Stay strong for him ...as well as yourself. If you both believe he won't get better, then you are right, he wont. If you both believe he will get better, then you are right...he can and will despite what the doctors say. Recovery and healing is a Marathon, not a race nor a sprint. The goal is to stay focused, keep a positive mental attitude & get there.....one step at a time, one day at a time. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

Lunatic Taskbar

Heart and prayers are with you Both.

Signasaurusrex is quite right, if you think the worst or the best you are right.

Stay strong and positive.

Bannerday

So sorry Stacy.

Just take it one day, or one hour, or one minute at a time. Whatever works.

No one really knows what the future will bring. I'm hoping it will bring good things to you
and the real bigdawg.

GypsyGraphics

i'm speechless stacy
good thing i don't actually need to speak to pray...
and i hope know, even without the right words, you know i'm heartbroken and hopeful at the same time.

i love you stacy, call me when you're able

Mike F

Sorry about the bad news. Like Gino and OP said though, doctors aren't always right. Make the most of each day either way, and don't treat it like a death sentence, cause it's not. Doctors don't decide when people are gonna die. I personally don't know who does, but it sure as sh!t ain't doctors. Try to stay positive, you guys'll be in my thoughts.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Thank you everyone. We aren't giving up at all... life is meant to be lived. I had literally just found out the results from the doc's office and I had to tell someone - I was alone at work and thank you my friends for being there for me when I needed you. :loveya:

It was a shock - we thought he was doing a little better but he kept having "moments" And unfortunately (but in a way fortunately) he is one of the very few that can feel his pacemaker/defib when it makes any change at all. While it keeps him in more pain, it also alerts him that it is having to work - which tells him it is time to sit down and just become very calm.

They've prescribed <more> meds to help him stay relaxed, but I'm thinking that if we learned some techniques it might help too. He is so sick of medications - He takes a 5 pills twice a day and then there's other meds as needed.

We are soooo not sitting back and expecting the worst. But we are preparing for it. I hope I read this thread in 10 years and the Bigdawg and I can laugh over it.

Rodi

There really is no comfort, is there? In these bodies we are not made for long periods of time.

All I can say Stacy is I am praying for you all.

Miracles can and do happen.