• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Update on the real Bigdawg

Arlo Kalon 2.0

There is something basically deranged about us guys. We want to rush our healing and disregard sound medical advice. I've done it 17 times now, and regretted it 17 times. But have I learned yet? NO! Testosterone has to be the culprit. We just want to see how much of our former self we can muster after just a few days out of the hospital. Do like my wife does - crack the whip - "You go lay your ass down and rest awhile and don't let me catch you carrying a 4x8 board alone again!". He'll heal much quicker and better that way.

Bigdawg

Just Me
St. Judes checked the defibrillator this week... all is okay - not great but he is doing good. He still has a lot of chest pains but part of that could be from the healing process - either way he keeps the nitro spray close at hand. We'll find out in a couple weeks if they can crank that baby up a little more... just depends on how much chest pain he keeps having.

He still has limited mobility on the left hand side and some lifting restrictions for about 4 more weeks. Can't drive until then, but the doctor indicated he would allow him to after that... a big relief for Jeff because he HATES me chauffeuring him everywhere... I just tell him to shut up and enjoy the ride :smile: and don't mind those blue lights behind us

I think we've moved from the one step forward - two steps back into a two steps forward - one step back phase. At least for now. Thanks again for all the warm wishes to both us. I do pass them on and they are much appreciated.

OldPaint

the reason they gave me for not allowing me to drive was........if the air bag on the steering wheel is deployed, it goes off with such force, it might trigger the difb or throw it off so it doesnt work!!!! iam bout 11 weeks since implant, and getting used to the "cell phone" lump in my chest. i had mine implanted on the right side as iam left handed. the doctor asked me if i shoot guns(shoulder rest type) and i said yes....so they put it on the right side. still cant lift much of anything heavy with my right hand. when i do, i can feel pain in my pectorial muscle, where they implanted it. the 1st month is the worst of it........i slept a lot.........

Gino

Premium Subscriber
One step, two steps, forward or backwards..... it really doesn't matter as long as he's taking baby steps in any direction right about now.

Tell him to listen up buster.... or you'll send for reinforcements.

Dah-da-da-tah !!!!! melvin.jpg

CheapVehicleWrap

St. Judes checked the defibrillator this week... all is okay - not great but he is doing good. He still has a lot of chest pains but part of that could be from the healing process - either way he keeps the nitro spray close at hand. We'll find out in a couple weeks if they can crank that baby up a little more... just depends on how much chest pain he keeps having.

He still has limited mobility on the left hand side and some lifting restrictions for about 4 more weeks. Can't drive until then, but the doctor indicated he would allow him to after that... a big relief for Jeff because he HATES me chauffeuring him everywhere... I just tell him to shut up and enjoy the ride :smile: and don't mind those blue lights behind us

I think we've moved from the one step forward - two steps back into a two steps forward - one step back phase. At least for now. Thanks again for all the warm wishes to both us. I do pass them on and they are much appreciated.

Look into these... elderly guy up here was hanging out on a really hot day when his started to jump start him when it wasn't necessary. Went off a few times (very painful) and he landed in the hospital. Guess it records if it needed it or not.

Marlene

I was out all last week and am glad to come back to some good news! I think about the two of you everyday and worry about you. so glad to hear that things are going good.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Well here's the latest update...

Bad. Just plain bad. He is trying so hard for us to have a normal life... and he just isn't getting any better. The doctor just told him today (after he flunked a chemical stress test) that he is going to get worse... not better. Ever. That there will be no better for us - even though we'll have good moments. But even those are getting fewer and fewer...

If you met my husband on the street - you would never, ever guess how sick he is. He wants it that way. Except I know. I see him collapse at home from the slightest effort. My superman mows the damn front lawn sometimes just so he can feel normal - except it takes a few days to recover from it.

I am at a loss... life was good this morning until the doc visit - and it will be again I know. But today really sucks...

Bigdawg

Just Me
This is my Bigdawg

The Real Bigdawg

attachment.php

Attachments

• 148242_1487273589806_1472930607_31019971_6857241_n.jpg
    148242_1487273589806_1472930607_31019971_6857241_n.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 104