• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Us tech laminator

timkaz227

I just got my VT 65 in Dec. and used it yesterday for my first real job. Worked like a charm. I also have the same question about leaving the Lamination on the machine. I did load it several weeks ago and had left the lamination on the machine with a piece of coroplast stuck in it to keep the adhesive off the bottom roller. Any other tips, tricks or post would be greatly appreciated.

AUTO-FX

I'm no expert but, I leave mine loaded, but I'm using kraft paper. I make sure I have about 5 inches leader on my print, so it takes up the exposed laminate that has been sitting there since last lamination, and I keep the cover on it.

timkaz227

Lamination Size?

What do you do when your lamination is larger than your media? Do you keep several sizes of lamination?

AUTO-FX

I keep 36 on mine, because that is the size of my printer. Sometimes if it is SMALLER I do it by hand with the Big Squeegee - it's so quick and easy. If I have bigger prints than 36, I have outsourced them and they would come laminated.

tattoo.dan

kyjoe340 thank you for the pics and the info. I am going to order the exact same thing and use that $500 I saved to pay the gas bill!

maximumsign

I bought a Master off ebay gave 900 for it used and I wouldn't take $2000 for it. I had a Daige and we wasted more prints than we laminated. "knock on wood" We have to yet mess up a print on the master. Well worth the money.
Also we do a lot of wooden sign frames here in the shop and I have an electric miter saw. I ran 36" vinyl for two years and bought 38" over lam. We would cut about 2.25 inches off each roll or lam b4 we loaded it up. Never had any trouble.

SignPros

I've been looking at these exact same units. I really only need the 55" model, but am uneasy with the dual adjustment knobs. I really like the single knob on the VT-600, but just dunno that it's worth the extra cash. I'll be switching back and forth between laminating vinyl, mounting to omegabond and mounting to coruplast. So ease and precision of adjustment will be an issue. Has anyone that has one of these USTech or Master models had any problems with getting uneven pressures from side to side?

Custom_Grafx

I have the royal sov 64" model with heat. only gripe i have is that i was quoted with the take up unit but it came without... not sure if it's an optional extra, have just messaged the dealer who sold it to me... grrrr.

otherwise though, it's a good machine, i have also used it a few times already to mount prints onto corflute and perspex without much of a problem (although for mounting i really feel a manual cold lam machine/mounting machine is alot easier to use and align).

the main reason im pissed about the take up is because the legs on the stand are narrower than the sacrificial underlay so when you're doing a print which is longer than say 1.5metres (which is most jobs) when it touches the floor, i dont mind it rolling onto itself, but because of the legs it creases the job! i must have looked funny just then, i was running to the back and back to the front ALOT to make sure it didn't screw up my job.

i've come up with a quick fix for now - have placed a long media packaging box on the legs which is a bit wider, and pushes the job out a bit further so it doesnt curl and hit the legs.

Jthompson Designs

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have the 65 inch USTECH MJ-600 inch professional cold laminator, took a little getting use to, can't say I didn't mess anything up the first time, I finally got the tension right and after that so far so good. I got lucky and got mine from someone who couldn't figure it out and saved myself a G note....
[/FONT]

CS-SignSupply

I now have the VT600 65" and my only grip is no take up. Working in building a solution.

Also, CiberSupply is now an authorized reseller for USTech laminators. Will be adding to our website soon.

Custom_Grafx

I now have the VT600 65" and my only grip is no take up. Working in building a solution.

Also, CiberSupply is now an authorized reseller for USTech laminators. Will be adding to our website soon.

Please let me know if you think of anything :) It's killing me... am going to have a chat to my dealer today about it.

It's on the spec sheet I got for the quote so what do you say? It's supposed to have it right?

CS-SignSupply

The take-up on the specsheets are referring to the liner take up.

I was referring to a motorized take up for the finished product exiting the unit.

Custom_Grafx

On my spec sheet, it specifically says "Front feeder - yes", "Rear rewinder - yes". The photo of it also shows these two.

Custom_Grafx

Well if that's the case that's probably why I don't have one.

Still doesn't change the fact that it's what I was quoted on and purchased though?