• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Us tech laminator

coastek

Seal is good, but it is too pricey. We bought US TECH WORF VT-600 couple of months ago, works great, I like one handle pressure control, easier to use and less mistakes. We have Daige, now we put it for mounting small jobs. The machine also has liner take up roller, really help to laminate long runs.

jsalda

Just bought the 55" AK from USTech. Had my installer, who used to run production at a sign shop, come over to help setup as I've never used a laminator, been sending it out or using Big Squeegee for smaller stuff. She about flipped out because there was no pressure indicators on the dial. I kept telling her to just use the weight of the roller and she kept insisting that it needed additional pressure, thus ruining several pieces (thankfully, of scrap). She said I should send it back. After she left, I played around with it, just let the top roller sit, and after experimenting on several scrap pieces, laminated half of a truck wrap before running out of laminate. Not a problem one. As long as the motor and rollers hold up, I don't see why you would spend $8k.

4R Graphics

I have had 2 differnt US Tech laminators and they have both been great I cant really see paying 3 times as much for name brand at least not on a laminator. I also owned a cheap plotter and there is a huge difference name brand is the way to go there.

Anyways many people have asked about the 2 knob or 1 wheel issue.
Heres the skinny it does not matter as you use the weight of the roller so its a matter of a couple things first are you changeing out what you feed through the laminator often? ie at least once a day or more if so the 1 wheel will be less frustrating and time consuming. The other is as you lower the 2 knobs one then the other you have to lower one a little then the other back and forth until it sits all the waydown or you could cause problems with lam getting asscued.

I have come up with an idea for those of use who have the 2 knob models to make it super simple as soon as I test it out I will post it up with pics and details.

I will post it under its own heading and not jack this thread.
Hope to do it in the next week or 2.

Brandex.ca

Just letting people know I still use my machine and still find it great, cant go wrong for the price they sell for... Id buy another if I needed another.

graphics22

us tech manual or parts diagram

Does anyone have a manual or parts diagram for the ustech tx-600. We are having issues with ours and they are refusing to send a diagram or manual for us to try and fix the issues. It is still under warranty.

DecalOriented

We have the VT 9800 at our shop and I'd like to advise anyone from buying from these guys. Item was delivered 7 months ago and was supposed to be "calibrated at the factory". Well we've been fighting with this thing for 7 months now, Tech support is a joke, We've made every adjustment that possibly could be made. Adjustments will last for one run only. Soon as you lift the roller and start a new print, everything goes to S@*T, and we have to start the process all over again. We've even requested the factory calibration details, so we could do it ourselves, but they refused. We then asked for an on site visit by a tech and was told "No, we don't make enough money on those units to send a tech out." That tells me that these things are not made in the USA and are probably rebadged chinese knockoffs.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

strypguy

That's strange that they refuse to help you. I have a USTECH laminator. When it arrived I had to make adjustments and they sent me the directions. This was to adjust the chain as the top roller was not lowering evenly. I'[m sure priced as these are it's seems to be hit and miss on quality. I'm glad I have one of the better ones, I guess. John

mikesign

We bought one last year and are very happy with it. We had an issue at first and Dave sent us a new part that we swapped out and have had no issues. We have the MVT-6000. Can't beat the cost or ease of use. I still have 54" Royal Sovereign and have fought with it for the last 10 years.