• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Craigslist

R08

I know man you guys must not have ANY business all you are doing is bashing this hard working american . What happened to the American Dream Seriously you guys suck really the guy just asked if anyone post their service on CL and then you bash his work Fayt sorry for all the crap from these OLD people. You know when "mom said" back when you were younger "People are only talking crap because they are Jealous" there ya go

SD...
SOme of us have tried to help this guy. Isign even held out a genuine olive branch and he still spewed out crap to him (and others).

I thought somewhat like you but after seeing the whole picture, I can see this guy is not gonna make it here.

R08

Please don't ban Fayt, he needs to carve his niche in our industry first...

By the way... Welcome to signs101 Jimmy.. Nice to have you.

On the other hand.. you wouldn't know WHO encouraged Fayt to join this site do you? ;)

Fitch

Just because you're hearing... doesn't mean you are listening.

I guess all you "Old Guys" know jack chit.

Experience.... wisdom.... knowledge...

Nahhhhhhhh

Just let portfolios speak for themselves.... that is the mark of one who is positioned to speak the loudest and be heard by those open to the admiration of where one has tread and got their feet burnt

Last edited:

Kottwitz-Graphics

Myself I'd prefer looking at naked men, at least they usually don't need kerning adjustments.

Jill, Are you really looking for a response to that one??? :covereyes:

I like getting my kerning adjusted...:thumb:

Just because you're hearing... doesn't mean you are listening.

I guess all you "Old Guys" know jack chit.

Experience.... wisdom.... knowledge...

Nahhhhhhhh

Just let portfolios speak for themselves.... that is the mark of one who is positioned to speak the loudest and be heard by those open to the admiration of where one has tread and got their feet burnt

No offense, dude, but the pictures you posted up are not exactly portfolio material. Sure, anyone can crank out black copy on a white board or green hong kong fuey lettering with an arch for a back window, but it takes a true tallent to upsell the customer into something nicer. And before you say it, yeah there are customers that want cheap, fast, and yesterday...those are the ones that you crank out vinyl, take the cash, and send 'em on their way...but you don't take picts of it like its a work of art.

And we all have 'em. I've done parking signs for companies, but I do it along side the monument sign.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't really care about the this thread, but I'm really glad Doug pointed out that Sticker Dude and Unique Decals are the same person. That's the kinda chit that bugs me. Someone makes a jerk or ass out of themselves and finds it necessary to change their appearance and name. What a fraud........

loser.jpg

Craig Sjoquist

Fayt .. I admire the way you come back at everyone that bashes you for doing what makes you a living and works for you, on your 1st post you didn't mention anything about prices.
You just ask if anyone was using craigslist ... well I have received very little work, but here they are looking for to good of a deal to make it worth just getting one job a month.

But I do look at it all the time to see what is happening in sections that other art related fields post and answer jobs they may happen even just to get my name out sometimes I at least send a email.

Here I find Craigslist has it's bennifit's way less then before years since it creates alot of span sent, and people looking for fast deals, with low price, and to much time spent trying advertise your name for little pay off.

I use other services to get people to look for my service which works alot better and with results, I find if people are interested in signage they look for a provider which seems to work better for pricing and profit.

Well keep up the fight, and keep doing what works for you till ya find a way better, This is America land of the free.

Border

I actually landed a couple of good accounts from Craigslist ads a couple years ago. But I also wasn't advertising to/targeting the windshield decal or cheap banners, etc. audience. I'll do that stuff sometimes if someone asks for it, but I totally try NOT to advertise for that kind of stuff at all anymore.

sos224

oh shoot

Fayt, you left an apostrophe out of OWNER'S EXPENSE on that sign.

Pat: I have two signs, ready to be delivered, in my office with the same mistake!! Did not see it until you posted, so I am of course laughing my a$$ off right now. Later I will start to feel bad as I reprint them. I should know better, just typed exactly what the person that ordered the signs had in his email. DARN IT.

Fayt: Are you my alter ego, just setting people up for an argument?

mark galoob

i check craigslist every day and flag EVERY cheap sign place on there...there used to be 4 or 5 every day, now only 1 and i flag them several times a day...

mark galoob:rock-n-roll:

Bigdawg

Just Me
but there's a carving forum just down the street...
go on fayt... go play on the information highway.. just watch out for traffic

(I think someone's gonna give me a run for my money as the undisputed ellipsis king)

You'll always be my ellipsis king :smile: