• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

valuejet 1204 bad main board?

longbeachmichael

we ordered a new main board, and i was able to get a copy of the service manual. there is only 1 problem now, the service manual says the first step before replacing the main board, is to backup the parameters from the old main board, using the mutoh maintenance engineer software, and the network port. that is the problem now. how to back up the parameters if the network port doesnt work?

longbeachmichael

okay so i replaced the main board already. the printer will only start up in board manager mode. it has the wrong ip address so i cannot connect to it. there are activity lights on the router now, but i can't change the ip address on the printer to connect and install the firmware. this is really upsetting me now. anyone have any ideas?

longbeachmichael

the printer starts in board manager mode saying the ip address is 192.168.1.253. my network uses 192.168.0.x. i can't change that. maybe if i use a second network card, and a crossover cable and set it up using 192.168.1.x

henryp

the printer starts in board manager mode saying the ip address is 192.168.1.253. my network uses 192.168.0.x. i can't change that. maybe if i use a second network card, and a crossover cable and set it up using 192.168.1.x

The printer should only go to board manager mode if the left arrow key was pressed down while the printer was switched on and only released after printer initialization was complete.

longbeachmichael

thats the only mode the printer will start in. otherwise it starts up with strange characters on the display, like R bt 10 AAAAAAAA, then W br 10 55555555, keeps going thru R bt, W br, R br, W st, R st, W sr, R sr, W bt, with a number that keeps going counting followed by a series of A's or 5's.

longbeachmichael

mutoh service assistance or mutoh maintenance engineer assistant? i have the maintenance engineer assistant and tried installing the firmware, but it failed. when i open the service assistance program it says "default printer name is not identified, application software cannot be used in this condition, check config.ini" but there is no config.ini.

RIDigital

MUTOH Maintenance Engineer Assistant(v1.09). Go to option / language/ English/ then options IP address and change it to the current machine IP.

Make sure to sure to remove to files from the zip folder before running the software.

I have had issues with using too many 0's in the fields of the Mutoh IP. I have had it happen after working with the IP for months. It must have something to do with the board they use. Have you tried to ping the printer? Since you say uou have 2 cards, try setting up a connection with an IP address with no 0's. Last but not least have you tried to turn off any anti-virus? THis is a long shot but boards are not cheap.

longbeachmichael

i tried to install the firmware, the printer display says receiving, the software says sending, then it says "timed out" session aborted.

longbeachmichael

there are no 0's in the ip address, the printer says 192.168.1.253, and i am able to ping the printer. the strange thing is that this board came with a piece of paper that says "firmware installed-yes" version - 1.18

RIDigital

Force It

On the main board there are 2 switches. Labeled #1 and #2. Flip number 2, and resend the firmware. When finished, make sure to flip it back.

longbeachmichael

okay, that worked, but now the menus are in a different language i think, like japanese or some other weird characters. i set the switch back before i started it up, the printer sounds like its working, but i cant read the menu, what now?