• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

valuejet 1204 bad main board?

Arstron

Dont worry, thats exactly how all the print heads look on the 1204. I have my old one in my hand right now. ;)

I would try contacting mutoh support or see if Randya responds to this post to see what your best option is.

randya

You have two hopes.

1. Many techs will take the sticker off the head and stick it somewhere on the machine so that it can be read ( you cant see the head rank sticker when the head is installed).

2. Often times the parameter sheet is printed out and stuffed in the left hand side of the machine. Take the covers off and check.

longbeachmichael

looks like the f2 fuse was the culprit after all. its so tiny and soldered to the board. i guess the printhead is bad, and caused it to blow. its blown on both the old and new main boards. luckily the f2 fuse is easily changeable on the new mainboard. now i need a new printhead.

Stealth Ryder

You have two hopes.

1. Many techs will take the sticker off the head and stick it somewhere on the machine so that it can be read ( you cant see the head rank sticker when the head is installed).

2. Often times the parameter sheet is printed out and stuffed in the left hand side of the machine. Take the covers off and check.

If the Print Head has never been replaced where is the sticker? I have seen several printers where the paper with the parameters was not there as it should be. I don't know if the customer removed them or if they just were not included, never the less they were not there.

I still say it looks to as if the Print Head was damaged when being removed,

randya

Not really sure.

Sometimes they are left on the head, sometimes they are placed on the carriage cover.
I dont do many service calls anymore so I am not so sure on the VJs.

Yes, you should never separate the head as the pictures show.
I dont know how they seal and bond these at the factory, but none that we have broken apart ever worked properly again.

BIGFOOT

I have a 48" mutoh falcon outdoor and today it shut off in the middle of the print. I've checked all the plugs and outlets and everything looks good. I called mutoh tech and they said it may be a fuse located in the circuit panal box. I open the circuit panal box and I can't seem to find the fuse. Can anyone help? Thanks BIGFOOT

longbeachmichael

i didnt do it on my own, i had help from a tech. lets see, new mainboard - $1200, new printhead - $900, lost time - 3 weeks of production, plus the tech fees. it cost quite a bit considering the printer just over a year old.

longbeachmichael

the tech did a good job, and explained everything well. i would definitely call him again. don't know if he wants any names said. but i would recommend him to others.