• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

valuejet 1204 bad main board?

longbeachmichael

wow, now there is not ink coming out when it prints. it seems like its printing, but nothing is coming out. before i started it made me do a head wash, then an ink refill. is there some other parameter i have to check/change/update/initialize or something?

RIDigital

Did you ever back up the parameters on the on board? The head rank is located on top of the print head; many times it is also on a printed sheet under the left cover. Every head has a different code (head rank) that is located in parameters menu. If parameters where backed up before replacing the board then updated on the new one, your good. If not you need to enter it.

longbeachmichael

i wasn't able to back up the parameters, the main problem in the first place was i was unable to connect thru the network port. where exactly is the head rank? there is no printed piece of paper with it.

henryp

how many fuses are there to check? i only see 3 fuses, 2 big ones right by the plug, and 1 small one on the board right next to them.

There are 5 head fuses on the VJ-1204 Mainboard, marked as F1 to F5. You can find them near the side of the black heat sinks. When the head is not printing at all, usually F2 is blown but sometimes, it could be due the other fuses as well. If any fuse is blown, you may need to replace the head as it is the one causing the fuse(s) to blow.

longbeachmichael

all of the fuses are good. i think i need the "head rank" parameter since i was unable to back it up before replacing the main board. i can't figure out where to get this info.

SE SignSupply

The head rank should be on a white printed tag, attached to the printhead.

You will need this number, it should look like

Ryan

all of the fuses are good. i think i need the "head rank" parameter since i was unable to back it up before replacing the main board. i can't figure out where to get this info.

longbeachmichael

here is a pic of the printhead, where is the head rank at?
PICT0237.JPG

RIDigital

Wow nice picture. I don’t think that was the best ideal. Be very careful with the seal! Sometime factory machines don’t have the head rank. Check under the covers for the printed factory papers

longbeachmichael

i just spoke with tech support from where we bought the printer, he guided me to find where the head rank is, only it wasnt there. just sticky residue from a label that used to be there
PICT0253.jpg