• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Van Install ONLY your cost

S

SignTech

Happy Holidays ........... haven't been around in a while.

I just finished 3 of these vans. I am looking for your input on installation cost ONLY and ONLY as the solo freelance installer. All graphics provided as well as materials ........ only your hands eyes and expertise needed. Travel is 10 miles to the job site and you would be pricing as an independent contractor NOT a large sign company.

Stats: All 3M Control tack ... a few reflective graphics and perf vinyl for windows.

Time: At a moderate pace I was able to get one van down DRY ... in 5-6 hours ... at best. The strip on the bottom is not extremely bad but takes more time I did it in one full length shot. The perf is also time consuming since the non perf has to go on first...you get the point.

The remaining graphics are straight forward ...... definite cut in on the doors etc .......... some heating going on especial in the channels ........

Question:

1 - I am looking for your HONEST estimate in time per van (1) person doing the work .... they want it done right ... not with crazy bubbles and slicing of rubber seals which others did ...

2 - What is your charge as an independent to go on site .................... FIRST per vehicle .................. and then if they offered you to do 200 vehicles .........

Thanks for your feed back .............. Mike

Edit: If you only wish to give info in PM ... that's cool!

Attachments

• 121710145626.jpg
    121710145626.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 121710145636.jpg
    121710145636.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 121710152958.jpg
    121710152958.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 121810110111_01.jpg
    121810110111_01.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 121810110156-1.jpg
    121810110156-1.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 121810124311.jpg
    121810124311.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 102
S

SignTech

Thanks ........ yeah I know I haven't upped my premium lately but I will hopefully someone will hit me up in PM ........ the most I can get this done per unit is 4 hours max without running around ........ I am more interested in the per unit cost from you guys at (1) and at (200) thanks again.

S

SignTech

Well when I had my shop I would definitely charge a price break for a large quantity but I get your point .......... if a company is going to contract me for a solid 200 vehicles for a price break of lets say 10% on installs their definately going to get that so I can get the gig ......

signmeup

I would have guessed it would take me 4 hours. After 50 or so I would think I would be able to shave some time off that but I'm not inclined to make less money just because I got better at my job. It will cost you same skill and experience to do the 200th as it did the first. That work should have the same value.

S

SignTech

OK fair enough signmeup .......... good to see you btw .......... so PM me for the rest xxx

signmeup

If the compay you worked for said they would like to pay you less per hour if they give lots more hours would that turn your crank? Seems like the same thing to me. That said.. there is always some shmuck who will sell his soal to get a job that size. You will have to feel out the customer as to what they are going to go for. Sell your quality and that you stand behind work etc. Maybe you could do every twentyth one free. People like free. I would hate to do 10 at the end for free but mixed in wouldn't be so bad.

signmeup

Did you do the math on how many days this would take one guy?

Just as a side note; I do 18 wheelers for a local company...all the same. The first one took me 2 hours..... after doing 50 I'm down to 40 minutes each.

S

SignTech

@signmeup ............ yes I did all the math ........ when having my shop I would be around $300 per unit .......... no less then $175 with 200 units .......... I would have ample time like 4 months ........ I did all the homework did some test vehicles yada yada ... just posted this thread to rack the brains of you guys ........... so far I think I was on the right track .......... those that know me know I would never low ball signs and graphics ....... I not as good as many in the s101 family but I am good enough not to taken for a ride ...

S

SignTech

Got some good info in PM ........ thanks to those that helped out.

Although I already knew I was being low balled anyway, but now I know exactly how much ... and I will not give away my abilities for peanuts .......

the company did say however they did have an applicant for the installs that specialized in installing "stickers on baseball bats" ... so they will have to call that guy ...........

S

SignTech

Not discounting your position Signcrafters ........ maybe a 10% break or incentive but I hear ya ... definitely not a huge break on labor Vs ... materials .......

Locals Find!

Volume discount on materials? Of course. Volume discount for labor? No. I'll drop it and I guess we'll agree to disagree.

+1 Discounting labor is always a losing proposition. Unless your about to go under and have nothing but time on your hands. Your giving up time you could be making more money to do a job that pays less. I don't see how you come out ahead.

cdiesel

Very, very different if you're doing this by yourself or having your employees do it. Jobs like these, where installers will be busy for weeks get discounted.

OldPaint

how much are you worth PER HOUR???????????? its that simple. if its $50 an hour, then $200 per truck is what you will get. in my way of looking at this all they need is your labor, and experience of STICKIN STICKERS on a vehicle. now iam sure your worth at least that much per hour.

S

SignTech

how much are you worth PER HOUR???????????? its that simple. if its $50 an hour, then $200 per truck is what you will get. in my way of looking at this all they need is your labor, and experience of STICKIN STICKERS on a vehicle. now iam sure your worth at least that much per hour.

lol ........... good to see you around OP ......... happy holidays! ~M