• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Van Pricing, Where would you be?

J

john1

Hey guys, Looking for some tips on if i am in the ballpark for this van advertising. Design is done by myself, Customer actually gave the vector art over to the multi color logo in eps format (wow!)

The biggest graphics on the sides are 9' on the drivers side.

I am coming up with $995.50 including layout, prepping vehicle, installation and vinyl using graphixcalc

Already got the job just wanted to check with the other sign guys to see if i am too cheap or too much for something like this.

Thanks!

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 107

CheapVehicleWrap

What was the budget? I'm coming up with the other 50% they gave you prior to designing. Hard to read. if you already have the job, just post the actual comp. Not like anyone here is going to try and steal the job from underneath you.

J

john1

No budget in mind, They wanted it done so that is what they got.

HulkSmash

Hey guys, Looking for some tips on if i am in the ballpark for this van advertising. Design is done by myself, Customer actually gave the vector art over to the multi color logo in eps format (wow!)

The biggest graphics on the sides are 9' on the drivers side.

I am coming up with $995.50 including layout, prepping vehicle, installation and vinyl using graphixcalc

Already got the job just wanted to check with the other sign guys to see if i am too cheap or too much for something like this.

Thanks!

1k for that? Don't think so. pretty overpriced IMO

Craig Sjoquist

The price is more then fair a full size van is like 3-4x8s besides that a mobile billboard running around town this has more advertising value then 3-4x8s sitting in front of the store.
Wake up people that think that this should be cheaper your leaving money on the table.

Wake up this does have a fair amount of copy on it not just a name and phone.

Wake up the advertising value alone is worth that.

Locals Find!

I think if your client agreed to the pricing and paid you for it. Your pricing was right on. Don't worry about guys that would just give it away. You have a check and a satisfied client. That is all the justification you need.

HulkSmash

I think if your client agreed to the pricing and paid you for it. Your pricing was right on. Don't worry about guys that would just give it away. You have a check and a satisfied client. That is all the justification you need.

Yeah, i give TONS of work away. I mean. Every Thing.

He's right John, take advantage of daft customers, so when they come back , and finally figure out that your so Overpriced, they decide to get pricing else where, and end up losing a repeat customer. Honestly Addy, you know nothing about pricing. I appreciate the advice you give like the 20% of the time that's helpful. The rest of the time you blabber, and most of the time can hurt the OP.

Keep good integrity, and your business will prosper.

Addy, just stick to doing postcards.

Locals Find!

Yeah, i give TONS of work away. I mean. Every Thing.

He's right John, take advantage of daft customers, so when they come back , and finally figure out that your so Overpriced, they decide to get pricing else where, and end up losing a repeat customer. Honestly Addy, you know nothing about pricing. I appreciate the advice you give like the 20% of the time that's helpful. The rest of the time you blabber, and most of the time can hurt the OP.

Keep good integrity, and your business will prosper.

Addy, just stick to doing postcards.

Seriously, Colorado. Do you know his market and what it will bear?? How much competition is in the area? If his client is happy with his service, quality and price?? Why should he start second guessing himself?

To lower his pricing, based on what it costs elsewhere in the country is just plain stupid. No one who has been in business long is going to tell you thats a good way of doing business.

I consistently get higher prices for many products you guys say should be "X" why?? Simply because I ask for people to pay those prices. Many of you guys are your own worst enemies when it comes to pricing. You all wanna be the lowballers. Yes, price does play a part in getting a client but, service and relationships play an even bigger role. That is why Rolex gets so much for its watches and people are happy to pay for them when any old timex will do the same job for $40.00.

Edit: You guys know signs, I know sales. I don't question your guys knowledge on making signs which is what you do. Don't question my knowledge on sales which is all I do.

I think Fred once, gave some good advice on this subject. If your closing more than 65-75% of your deals your possibly too low. If your closing less than 65%-75% of your deals your possibly too high. Simple.

grafixemporium

G:goodpost:

Adtechia is 100% correct. None of us can comment on the OP's pricing without more info. To imply you can comment intelligently on his situation based on what you charge in your market with your overhead is just plain wrong.

HulkSmash

G:goodpost:

Adtechia is 100% correct. None of us can comment on the OP's pricing without more info. To imply you can comment intelligently on his situation based on what you charge in your market with your overhead is just plain wrong.

like 24sq ft, and 8 minutes to install.
Denver Market is much richer then anywhere in Maryland. John works out of his house. ( From what he says, so much no overhead)

The only way something like that goes through is if a buyer is uneducated about what he is purchasing.

sad.

iSign

I'd get $1000 for that because it's worth $1000
if they did three vans, I might go $750 each...

cdiesel

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Addie's right.

We compete daily with other shops that consistenly price their wares below our prices. How do we do this? Salesmanship, service, and quality. I hear all the time from people that they "can't get that price" in their city. You're wrong. It's all about perceived value. You're not going to close every deal, and like Fred said, if you're closing 65% + of your sales inquiries, you're too low. You will, however, make more money on the deals that you do close. It's funny, but you'll also end up weeding out some of the bs customers with the higher pricing, which is another plus.

Granted it doesn't take much material, but the product has value. Get paid for it.

OldPaint

he would been OVER PRICED....if the client said he was and wanted it done cheaper. get the money................bottom line!!!

J

john1

Wowzers, Looks like it's 50/50 on if i am too high or just right on this one.

I really appreciate all the feedback because i want to succeed the best i can in my business.

I was wondering how you suggest i start pricing vans and other vehicles to get a better grasp on pricing.

I currently use graphixcalc and it works great for RTA stuff, digital printing and flat panel signs but vehicles are real tricky when you get a call asking "How much to letter my 2006 econoline van" or whatever the case may be without getting too involved and figure it's just another price shopper.

I double checked with a sign craft magazine and this one comes in at about $656 not including artwork or the digital prints.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by a moderator: