• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vector Help

msenjur

not much... and as newbie, i dont know his history... not to be misunderstanded, i didn't want to take his job.

Im a little bored, and sometimes i like to play around with vector images... and i did this bitmap...

Here, in our country we are willing to do such triviality for free... for forum members...

no offence...

TheSnowman

I'm not sure why you like to work for free...but he does great work, and I'll back him up every day of the week. I use him all the time, and he's never let me down and does great work. He's a merchant member here, and we support those people who support the board when at all possible. If you and your entire country like to work for free since something is "trivial" then that's your call...keep working away for free...I find it amazing that you are bored and work for free though. Normally you guys can't keep up.

k6media

Vector doctor is hands down the best. Amazing quality of work and fantastic customer service. We use his services all the time!

John Butto

Slovenia work habits

not much... and as newbie, i dont know his history... not to be misunderstanded, i didn't want to take his job.

Im a little bored, and sometimes i like to play around with vector images... and i did this bitmap...

Here, in our country we are willing to do such triviality for free... for forum members...

no offence...

Is this about it on the free stuff...

msenjur

I'm not sure why you like to work for free...but he does great work, and I'll back him up every day of the week. I use him all the time, and he's never let me down and does great work. He's a merchant member here, and we support those people who support the board when at all possible. If you and your entire country like to work for free since something is "trivial" then that's your call...keep working away for free...I find it amazing that you are bored and work for free though. Normally you guys can't keep up.

ups... i guess i really messed up with doing some favour to another member.
I thought this forum is about helping each other...
And i think that it is not your concern how do i spend my free time.

As i said before, i didnt mean to take over his this job, so he couldnt earn 25$.

And yes, in my country, if a forum member ask for some trival favour we are ready to help any time... And lets be honest, converting that bitmap to vector isnt such big of a deal.

as i said before... no offence guys.

over and out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deaton Design

Like all the others said,use the Vector Doctor, Eric. He does fantastic work and very reasonable. Some things in this business are better off being done by someone with more experience and knowledge. Its okay to want to do everything yourself, but hes quick and it will be time you can be doing something else.:)

Techman

.I find it amazing that you are bored and work for free though. Normally you guys can't keep up.

I think some have a mistaken idea about those living in East Europe.
Those guys and girls there are among the best software and graphics people in the world. They have academies where the entrance is to write a software or author a graphics piece that is beyond anything most of us can imagine.

If he says this certain item is trivial then you can be sure it is to them a very easy piece. They could do this one in just a few minutes free hand. Hence, his standing on doing a piece this simple for FREE.

I also did not see any one diss the poster who published the FREE vectoring site..

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I think some have a mistaken idea about those living in East Europe.
Those guys and girls there are among the best software and graphics people in the world. They have academies where the entrance is to write a software or author a graphics piece that is beyond anything most of us can imagine.

If he says this certain item is trivial then you can be sure it is to them a very easy piece. They could do this one in just a few minutes free hand. Hence, his standing on doing a piece this simple for FREE.

I also did not see any one diss the poster who published the FREE vectoring site..

I don't care what country you are from or what software experience you have, that logo cannot be done in a few minutes and be a quality piece

laserman70

The Vector Doctor did a job for me a few weeks ago and his work is fantastic.
We usually do all of our own stuff but did not have time to handle this one.
He was quick, price was fair and the graphic was perfect.

As for the program mentioned. We have it, its great for simple things.
When you get into really small things, it is useless.
Just a heads up for those thinking this is the end all be all.

Let the Doc do it you wont be disappointed.

msenjur

hahaha... i really hope not all americans are like you guys...

you are all talking like i would like to steal you a job worth 2000$.

Ok, Doctor, if your surviving depents on such trivals... then i apology to you and your familiy. And of course to all members of this forum. again. for the 3rd time now...

And i swear on my balls, i will never do another raster to vector conversion! i will send every client to The Vector Doctor.

msenjur

I don't care what country you are from or what software experience you have, that logo cannot be done in a few minutes and be a quality piece

ok... i didnt want to interfear in any way in what you do. I was just trying to be nice to member that needs some help. Dont you want to understand that? Cant you understand that? I guess we have different point of view about favours to forum members...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
ok... i didnt want to interfear in any way in what you do. I was just trying to be nice to member that needs some help. Dont you want to understand that? Cant you understand that? I guess we have different point of view about favours to forum members...

What you fail to allow for or understand is that we do not permit file sharing at Signs 101. The reasons for this are to show respect for intellectual property. As a side to that rule, vectorizing work for others has not become a custom here.

Another perspective is the quality aspects of the work. We try to emphasize the value of doing quality work here. Auto tracing is not quality work and pretty much anyone here can do that for themselves. Tracing the work with a Bezier pen is what will result in the best work. For that, we recommend The Vector Doctor because 1) He does great work and 2) he is a paying merchant member here.

I would suggest that if this is a problem for you that you enroll at SignForums.com or US Cutter's forum ... the latter will even allow you to swap stolen clipart as well. You aren't doing anyone a favor by doing their work for them. You only succeed in helping them to never learn the highest quality ways to do a professional job. Signs 101 welcomes you as a member but we do not feel you should spend any more of your time criticizing our position on this or implying that our members don't help each other out in many, many ways.

msenjur

yes, that is why im so supprised over this reaction. Becouse i see other topics, where everyone is helping each other... including to me.

I never said that doctor doesnt do a good, quality job. Im pretty sure, that he gives all of his best to do quality work. Also, i never insolted him in any way.

And anyone who has ever use autotrace, know, that that image is not good enough. And i never leave it that way...

ok, now i see, that only help allowed here is giving advice, no practial work.
Ok, i will respect that in future.

I apologize to all again. (4th time)

and i like your signature... somehow it remind me on this situation.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator

My response was not to you in this case but to Techman who said that he thought you could do this job in a couple of minutes because your country had "among the best software and graphics people in the world"

Yes it can be done in a couple of minutes using an autotrace tool. Your one posting said "corel did a good job" which implies that you used the auto tracing tools in Corel rather than saying "I traced by hand in corel pretty well"

If you choose to offer your services/expertise for free that is your choice. But where do you draw the line?

Plenty of people do work for nothing or practically give things away. I cannot prevent that. I don't have a problem with your wanting to do work for free. You must have quite a bit of leisure time.

You are not the only individual or company that will undercut me on price or give away work. Like you and Fred mentioned there are other forums that freely offer their services to one another.

I have no desire to be the cheapest service either

msenjur

ok... i thought that this is forum is also like other formus, that freely offers services...

look, i didnt know, that here are such rules. Dont kill me now becouse of this, please.