• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VersaWorks 6 Thinks EPS Files are Corrupt

Falcon187

Did you try starting Versaworks "open as administrator"?
Does it happen only when you add it to the queue by " drag and drop", or also using file/add to queue?
When you want to do a clean reinstallation of Versaworks, you need to use the uninstall function from windows.
Then you need to delete the following directory //ProgramData/Roland DG Corporation with all its sub directories.(you probably need to change directory properties to show hidden directories, in order to see the ProgramData directory)
I also delete the //program files/Versaworks directory, if the uninstaller didn't do it.
Then do reboot and start the installer "open as administrator".
I just tried a full reinstall. No luck. Still getting corrupt file message anytime I add an EPS or PDF.

Sign Pro Salina

It's been some time since I ran into this, but I believe we had to re-save the file and re-load it into VW to get VW to realize it wasn't corrupt. (If you mentioned you already tried this I missed it). I agree with the several posters above who use PDF files. We've always used PDF files since 2005. Once in a great while a file gives us a problem & we will use an EPS, but 99.9% of the time they are PDF files for best printing results.

Falcon187

It's been some time since I ran into this, but I believe we had to re-save the file and re-load it into VW to get VW to realize it wasn't corrupt. (If you mentioned you already tried this I missed it). I agree with the several posters above who use PDF files. We've always used PDF files since 2005. Once in a great while a file gives us a problem & we will use an EPS, but 99.9% of the time they are PDF files for best printing results.
I have also tried this. Unfortunately, still showing a corrupt file no matter what. I even took it further and performed a fresh install of windows and it still didn't matter. I am totally at a loss here. Hopefully someone comes along with an answer.

Falcon187

Did you try starting Versaworks "open as administrator"?
Does it happen only when you add it to the queue by " drag and drop", or also using file/add to queue?
When you want to do a clean reinstallation of Versaworks, you need to use the uninstall function from windows.
Then you need to delete the following directory //ProgramData/Roland DG Corporation with all its sub directories.(you probably need to change directory properties to show hidden directories, in order to see the ProgramData directory)
I also delete the //program files/Versaworks directory, if the uninstaller didn't do it.
Then do reboot and start the installer "open as administrator".
Performed a complete fresh reinstall of windows. It's still giving me the corrupt file error.

MrDav3C

Would it be worth uploading the bad .eps / .pdf to WeTransfer and posting a link & someone can try to open the
Bad file on their version of Versaworks?

Probably a long shot but can't see many other options!

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
1)
Versaworks 6 System Requirements...

"Operating System Windows® 10 (32/64 bit), Windows® 8.1 (32/64 bit)
CPU Intel Core™ 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz or faster recommended
RAM 2GB or more recommended
Video card and monitor A resolution of 1280 x 1024 or more recommended
Free hard disk space 40 GB or more recommended
Optical drive DVD-ROM
Other Internet connection recommended"

2)
Knowledge Base Article

"Title
VersaWorks 6 File is Corrupted Issue
Summary
This article assists users with overcoming a corrupted file error in VersaWorks 6 when importing files.
Details
VersaWorks 6 "File is Corrupted" Error

Issue: When adding a file into a Queue in VersaWorks 6.xx, the software will display a "File is Corrputed" error. This can occur during a Drag and Drop or by using the menu to add the file.
Cause: This is not an issue with VersaWorks. This is caused by incorrect Windows permissions. When Windows does not have permission to add the file into VersaWorks, the software reports the file as corrupted.
Resolution: Steps below:

First, the Program Data folder on the C: drive needs to be visible. In File Explorer, select the View menu and check the box for Hidden Items.Hidden Items.JPG
Drive to C:\ProgramData\Roland DG VersaWorks\VersaWorks. Right click on the VersaWorks folder and select Properties.
In the Security tab, click on "Users", then click the Edit button.
At the bottom of the dialog, check the box giving Users "Full Control"."

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
Feels like the culprit is windows. Try deleting the versaworks registry keys in regedit (after you make a backup).

Last edited:

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
Hi Falcon, just stabbing in the dark here but it sounds like a software issue and I suspect Microsoft. I would try to uninstall versaworks, restart computer, find your versaworks software folder and delete it. Restart again, type regedit in command bar, create a registry backup to your desktop, search for versa and manually delete every line that says Versaworks or is in the versaworks folder under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software. Keep hitting next, I think it's F3 and look for anything that says versaworks, remove it. Clean %temp%, restart again. Install versaworks. Try to open a pdf file.
If you get the corrupt file error again then I suggest connecting to the internet and installing a windows demo. Then go to Microsoft and purchase the cheapest subscription they have, I use outlook for 8 bucks a month. If you agree for any Microsoft subscription then the windows demo never expires as they don't want to lose the subscription. You should not require internet after that. Your problem has somehow come from (in my opinion) a windows update so don't manually update your computers that do work. If you hook up a newer laptop with a demo of corel and it works then you know your old windows is the culprit.

Connie Fry

I am printing lots of jpg pictures (ususally about 43 at a time). I often get the corrupted file message so I just take part of the pictures, copy and paste onto a new page and print from there. Then I go back and do it again for the rest of the corrupted file. After I get them printed (as eps) and go back and close the corrupted file. I usually erase the pictures and then restart versaworks.
It seems to happen when Ive put a png file from photoshop without flattening and makeing a jpg. I don't know if this will help, but I have had the corrupted file problem lot of times!

cornholio

By the way, starting with version 6.15.1 win32 is no longer supported.
Windows 7 isn't supported for a looong time. It worked, but was never guaranteed to.
Minimum was 8.1, now it's 10/11 64bit only...

Last edited:

Falcon187

By the way, starting with version 6.15.1 win32 is no longer supported.
Windows 7 isn't supported for a looong time. It worked, but was never guaranteed to.
Minimum was 8.1, now it's 10/11 64bit only...
That could be my issue here. Anywhere where I can get version 6.15?

Falcon187

I upgraded one computer to Windows 8.1.... Still throwing the error message back at me and locks up halfway when ripping TIFF files. This has got to be the most frustrating software.

Falcon187

1)
Versaworks 6 System Requirements...

"Operating System Windows® 10 (32/64 bit), Windows® 8.1 (32/64 bit)
CPU Intel Core™ 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz or faster recommended
RAM 2GB or more recommended
Video card and monitor A resolution of 1280 x 1024 or more recommended
Free hard disk space 40 GB or more recommended
Optical drive DVD-ROM
Other Internet connection recommended"

2)
Knowledge Base Article

"Title
VersaWorks 6 File is Corrupted Issue
Summary
This article assists users with overcoming a corrupted file error in VersaWorks 6 when importing files.
Details
VersaWorks 6 "File is Corrupted" Error

Issue: When adding a file into a Queue in VersaWorks 6.xx, the software will display a "File is Corrputed" error. This can occur during a Drag and Drop or by using the menu to add the file.
Cause: This is not an issue with VersaWorks. This is caused by incorrect Windows permissions. When Windows does not have permission to add the file into VersaWorks, the software reports the file as corrupted.
Resolution: Steps below:

First, the Program Data folder on the C: drive needs to be visible. In File Explorer, select the View menu and check the box for Hidden Items.Hidden Items.JPG
Drive to C:\ProgramData\Roland DG VersaWorks\VersaWorks. Right click on the VersaWorks folder and select Properties.
In the Security tab, click on "Users", then click the Edit button.
At the bottom of the dialog, check the box giving Users "Full Control"."
Tried this....no luck

Falcon187

Would it be worth uploading the bad .eps / .pdf to WeTransfer and posting a link & someone can try to open the
Bad file on their version of Versaworks?

Probably a long shot but can't see many other options!
Not sure this would solve anything. The files have already been confirmed that they are NOT corrupt since the other PC's can rip them just fine.

weyandsign

Is your OS 32bit or 64bit? Sounds like it could be a hardware issue at this point. You could have bad RAM or leaking caps on the motherboard or inside the power supply. Or even some device connected to the PC causing problems.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Couple of questions as we use Corel X7 with win7 & 10 and have no issues. I'd quit quit using eps, lol. PDF is best.
Do the files use gradients? There's a known issue with X7 and gradients as eps. I can explain if need be.
Do you have illustrator? Try opening the file in illy then save as pdf. I have to do this often. But sometimes fonts are an issue.

Falcon187

So as if this couldn't make your head scratch more, we have VersaWorks 5 installed on the same bad PC's. They can open those same eps files just fine! This is so frustrating. I need VersaWorks 6 to work since 5 doesn't support our printer we need for the job. It has to be a software issue somewhere. I've tried every version of windows and I get the same corrupt message.