• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Very frustrated with cutting. hp 315

Bly

They don't look too bad.
Anything printed on the latex and cut on the Summa I never expect total accuracy.
I'd work out a way to add more bleed and call it a day.

Micheal

and compromise my design? the words wrap around the circle, if the cut isnt accurate the words will be wonky

Christian @ 2CT Media

You need to reduce your heat, also you need to shrink your XY bar thickness. It's not compensating enough, and the heat is probably causing most of the center path bowing.

You are also asking for trouble with the tight bleed margins on latex.

Micheal

You need to reduce your heat, also you need to shrink your XY bar thickness. It's not compensating enough, and the heat is probably causing most of the center path bowing.

You are also asking for trouble with the tight bleed margins on latex.

So are these machines not made for precise stickers? because everyone else has been telling me that this machine smokes the rollands and I should have no issues doing this :( ... How low heat can I go if I up the passes to like 22?

Boyanski

There is an issue. You should use your brain to figure what's happening exactly. Check cutter carriage for play, check belt for slip, tightness, check if belt pulley is not slipping. Probably you have a simple mechanical issue or encoder error or sth.. As a cnc guy i can isolate your problem for an hour at the most. Your tech should be able to figure what's happening. But first of all all connections should be cleaned with connector cleaner and checked for correctness. It could be just a faulty cable that at a given position makes the motor loose steps. There are so many possibilities that sth could be wrong, but always start from the mechanical ones.

Start from cutting simple square stuff, line at a time and every next do it more complicated. Look and think. There is a reason behind everything.

Christian @ 2CT Media

So are these machines not made for precise stickers? because everyone else has been telling me that this machine smokes the rollands and I should have no issues doing this :( ... How low heat can I go if I up the passes to like 22?
We do .5" circle decals on our 570 with a summa and they are nearly dead on. It's either an equipment defect, setup issue, or user error. With out knowing the whole process it would be hard for me to lend guidance.

We do .5" circle decals on our 570 with a summa and they are nearly dead on. It's either an equipment defect, setup issue, or user error. With out knowing the whole process it would be hard for me to lend guidance.

What SAV brand/ model number (name) do you use for this?

zstekovic

BVG - why thumb down? I own machine and I know what it can, and what it can't do.

I also owned Roland GX500, GS, PNC, Roland VSi and I never experience this kind of problem. It was always a user error. With HP54 is a lottery. One cut is perfect, the next day the same one starts to "drift" - same cutter, same material, same job. Like it accumulates rounding errors. Maybe it's Flexi problem, but that's software bundled with it so...

BVG

BVG - why thumb down? I own machine and I know what it can, and what it can't do.

I also owned Roland GX500, GS, PNC, Roland VSi and I never experience this kind of problem. It was always a user error. With HP54 is a lottery. One cut is perfect, the next day the same one starts to "drift" - same cutter, same material, same job. Like it accumulates rounding errors. Maybe it's Flexi problem, but that's software bundled with it so...
Must have accidentally bumped the button while scrolling. o_O

Micheal

ive had three people try my file and they all get same results, been through 5 materials my most recent one being 40c-10r by 3M this machine is not made for accurate small stickers.

greysquirrel

How fast are you trying to cut? Learn to walk before you run. Are these laminated? Are you using the original blade? What degree? How much of the blade is exposed from the pen? It should only be enough to scratch the material.
If you have to much blade exposed, the degree of the angle is compromised and accuracy can be lost.

zstekovic

@graysquirel
If you can't help just read and move on. No need for this.

I have the same problem with the cutter and I was able to "fix" or "do workarounds" for my friends with cheap, no name, generic cutters to do an awesome job with small stickers.
I couldn't do that with HP Latex 54 --- until now.

Yesterday I cut 600 really small long stickers (100x10mm and 110x15mm) - awesome job, no errors. All I changed was SAi Flexi (a new version). Give it a try. You can download it from SAi cloud with your credentials.
Now you have Flexi 19 there.

Settings:
HP Barcode - on
Cutting speed 4 IPS
(I used 105g of pressure - thicker vinyl so... adjust accordingly)

How fast are you trying to cut? Learn to walk before you run. Are these laminated? Are you using the original blade? What degree? How much of the blade is exposed from the pen? It should only be enough to scratch the material.
If you have to much blade exposed, the degree of the angle is compromised and accuracy can be lost.

Christian @ 2CT Media

@graysquirel
If you can't help just read and move on. No need for this.

I have the same problem with the cutter and I was able to "fix" or "do workarounds" for my friends with cheap, no name, generic cutters to do an awesome job with small stickers.
I couldn't do that with HP Latex 54 --- until now.

Yesterday I cut 600 really small long stickers (100x10mm and 110x15mm) - awesome job, no errors. All I changed was SAi Flexi (a new version). Give it a try. You can download it from SAi cloud with your credentials.
Now you have Flexi 19 there.

Settings:
HP Barcode - on
Cutting speed 4 IPS
(I used 105g of pressure - thicker vinyl so... adjust accordingly)
What grey squirrel is is all facts verify to find the root cause. We have the non rebranded and tangential version and don't have the issues described. So it either is a process problem or a defect, those questions lead to the answer.

greysquirrel

kovic..if this offended you...How fast are you trying to cut? Learn to walk before you run. I am referencing the speed he is potentially trying to cut his material. By default the cut speed is usually I the middle. Slowing it down will make your unit cut more accurately as you found by tour workaround...moving the setting to 4.

Micheal

Im telling you guys ive gotten 4 people to do it and all have same results, its not anything im doing wrong if you would like to test my file PM me and ill be glad to give it you for a test run.

Flexi doesnt work for me at all, all cuts are shifted downwards about an 1/16 of a inch

Micheal

Yes, but ive used thrive the cuts are way better then flexi but as usual the last 7 rows are always off - if i switch the barcode system off and just go off the squares the results change. The last 7 rows are deadly perfect but the rest of the print is a mess - 80% is bowing and 20% isnt. Ive added end margins to run the print more through the heat and even printed blank white squares to feed the print through more to see if that helps but nothing changes the results.