• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express III 72" eco solvent

jeffnowak

bema jet

Airbot,

I just recived the printer that theis tread started out with. bema jet 72 or the vinyl express three what ever it may be. It came with a dammaged print head and a dammaged computer board, i now have them re installed and can not get the dampers to pump. How do these work or what is their purpose in the process. Do they actually pump back an forth like a diafram pump? or is the one ink pump that goes to the seat for the head what sucks the ink through. I did have the ink comming out of the dammaged print head but it was all blochy, and i could see where the actual head was dammaged. Any help on this would be great.

Jeff

artbot

those are some super green questions. i'll pm you and maybe we'll need to speak on the phone.

chris190

Ok... it's ordered and paid for....now I gotta wait a few weeks then I should have it..... my shipping agent confirmed everything with me :) cannot wait

chris190

ordered.....the wit color? more info, model, width, price!

Wit-Color ultra 9000 - 1602s (eco-solvent)

So its the 63.5" wide dual dx5 and the FOB price i paid
Was $6500

Thanks for all the info artbot.... I feel like i made the right decision to go with Wit-Color :)

artbot

when you get it take lots of pics. if that dual works well, i just may upgrade with with a witcolor dual 2.2.

i was plunking around studying wit color. they just started making dx5 machines in high volume. on some versions of their websites, they don't even show the 9000. they are waaaay predominantly a grand format builder. i think that is why their dx5 machine looks so over built. let's face it, it's a monster. but mimakis are also overbuilt so that's a good thing.

what's the shipping to USA?

(and don't thank me yet until that thing is cranking on both cylinders) i'm sure we will all pitch in and make sure it's up and running. there may be some deciphering between the manual and machine. hell it may show up with mutoh firmware? we'll just have to see.

ChicagoGraphics

It will be intresting to know how well this printer works, I was looking at ther 3.3 meter
printers and if the 9000 runs good I'm sure there larger machines rus just as well, I might have to look more into them. Keep us updated.

chris190

Hi guys and sorry for the delay I've been soo busy with all kinds of things...

Anyways I got the printer last night. The crate pretty much fell apart and the contents were exposed.... The plywood the crate was built was 1/8 inch thick...no wonder.... but luckly there didn't seem to be any damge or scrapes or dings to the actual printer..... Only the support legs had some scrapes on them.... all in all looks ok and looks like all parts and everything were there so I got everything now and waiting for some friends to help me lift the thing up....... then I need to do some reading and install the print heads and the ink lines etc.... there's some assemblie to do as it seems so it will prolly take me a little bit.... I will post some pictures once I got the thing up standing on its own and let you all know how everything is coming along....

I also need to get ink... still didn't get any.... what's the best deal on Triangle eco-solvent ? my local sign shop quoted me $150 / liter? is that reasonable? ... I was also looking into Solaris or Durafos .... still doing reasearch on that...but will see

Vinylman

Chris190;

PLEASE take LOTS of photos of everything as you unload, assemble and setup your new printer.
Those of us watching this thread would really appreciate that.
Don't forget close ups of important parts and procedures.:thankyou:

rjssigns

As far as the ink deal goes there was a member that posted the "bag in a box" set-up they found. For the life of me I can't remember who it was though. Atrociously large quantities of ink for dirt cheap. I think the boxes even had a wall mount.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Triangle JVV (their solvent ink specified for Mimaki JV33 and JV5 DX5 print head machines) ink by the liter from JSI Sign is $109..... Depending on how the ink would get into the machine they also have 2 liter boxes which are about $210 but hard to find (Fellers stocks the 2 litre boxes special for us at their Greenville, SC warehouse but it's not a catalog item for them).

chris190

Thank for the input on inks :) ... Yes I will post more detailed printer2.jpg pics very soon...this weekend...

so.... I've done the initial testing (without the heads installed) installed the printer software (not the RIP) on a Windows 7 32bit machine and all works well...quite a few options to calibrate and controll the printer from the software directly.... all tests went well ... so far so good :)

One weird thing I noticed is the vaccum fans that hold the media make a whistling noise when turned to the max....prolly from the air passing through the tiny holes too fast?... I have no ideea.... it sounds kinda funny but whatever... thats the least of my concerns :)

One more question I have is if I decide on a different kind of ink other than triangle and it's mild solvent...but the same company (which is durafos) also makes eco-solvent ... are these 2 pretty much the same and work with the DX5 print head? ... assuming they both work is there a reason why should I pick eco solvent vs mild solvent or viceversa? ... I'm not quote clear about that and wanted to know before I get it... any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks much !!!

Chris

Will keep you updated....

Last edited by a moderator:

artbot

pleeeeease start a new thread for this! i think there are very many on the board that want to keep up with your printer. the good the bad etc.

rjssigns

Wow! That looks very nice. I'll have to drive down to see it once you have things dialed. Not sure when it will happen. I may even bring my tech depending on his schedule.

rjssigns

Wow! That looks very nice. I'll have to drive down to see it once you have things dialed. Not sure when it will happen. I may even bring my tech depending on his schedule.