• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl for cinder block wall- 6 month-1 year warranty?

petepaz

i am quoting a job for some large cut vinyl letters that will be installed on a cinder block wall, indoors. the materials i looked at said 7+ year outdoor life so i figure no worries since it's inside but...BUT... some of the fine print says it is only warranteed for 6 months and on some up to a year on masonry products so now i don't know what to do?
any suggestions?
i guess i will have to get some samples and run some tests or try and find another way to do this job.

ddubia

We just ordered some ARLON DPF 8000 for an interior cement block was that is painted with latex. We also plan to use on an exterior cement block wall painted with latex. Same as you mentioned, 7 year outdoor for plain vinyl with no ink on it. (Actual mileage will vary depending on your ink and printing method.)

Got a 5 yard sample roll last week to make a color proof for approval and got approval on it.

Dang stuff is sTIckEy!!

Mactac makes a wall wrap that takes the paint off when removing it from the block. Lifetime outside is short, but inside, temp controlled, I've seen it last years. Of course, overall roughness of the wall determines lifespan, even indoors. 3M also has good stuff. haven't tried Oracal yet, but everything else they make is good stuff.

petepaz

thanks for the input.
i just found it funny that for the applications it is recommended for you don't get the full warranty?
made specifically to stick to brick, stucco and concrete. 7 year outdoor durable......but only 6 months on masonry products.
(aren't all of those masonry products?)

Baz

If you had permission to screw into the wall. Best way would be 1/8" Syntra cut letters. Couple of small concrete screws per letters. I'd feel safer with that than vinyl cut lettering. Unless the wall was painted with a glossy enamel finish then it would be fine.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I got a call yesterday for a 90' x 300' graphic on concrete grain elevators. The guy asked my how long he could expect it to last and I hated telling him that the warranty is 7 years, but 6 months in freeze thaw zones.....like ours......

OldPaint

90 FOOT x 300 FOOT....in vinyl??? you insane??? sometime YOU NEED TO CALL A PAINTER.....this is one of them.

Techman

I got a call yesterday for a 90' x 300' graphic on concrete grain elevators. The guy asked my how long he could expect it to last and I hated telling him that the warranty is 7 years

PAINT,, PAINT,, PAINT.. The vinyl for this would cost hundreds... Paint would cost 25 bux.. You have to climb around and try to squeegee vinyl. Or you can spend 1/4 the time and paint it.

OldPaint

75%?????????????? now that really dumb!!! if you got a SIGN PAINTER.... why not do 100% of it in paint? any good sign panter can do a better job then a printer of a pictorial.