• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl not cutting

archerdesign

Has anyone had this problem? I have a Roland Camm-1 PNC1100. She's a dinosaur, but she's always worked till now. I've tried different vinyl, different blades (45 and 90), i've tried less cutting pressure, more cutting pressure, new cutting strips and praying. Any advice would be so awesome. Thank you!!!!

Attachments

• vinyl.jpg
    vinyl.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 76

petepaz

That looks weird. When was the last time the you opened her up and blew all the dust out?

+1 to that just as a regular thing to do but i think it might be the blade holder sometimes they go bad and do stuff like that.
try cleaning/blowing out the holder and putting a little oil in the hole where the blade goes.

lgroth

The blade has to spin freely in the holder... If it doesn't when it goes around corners it's trying to cut with the side of the blade and it just chops things up. Sometimes you can bring it back temporarily by blowing them out with air and putting a drop of oil in them, but it definitely means it's time for a new blade holder. Cheap fix....

oksigns

The blade has to spin freely in the holder... If it doesn't when it goes around corners it's trying to cut with the side of the blade and it just chops things up. Sometimes you can bring it back temporarily by blowing them out with air and putting a drop of oil in them, but it definitely means it's time for a new blade holder. Cheap fix....

I still choke when I see the ~$70 holder for my roland