• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP 540 question

Joesignshop

I just upgraded from the Sp540 to the Vp540 and was wondering if anyone has experienced the cleaning function occuring while printing with the VP? This happens every so often while printing in standard and billboard modes. Thanks!

Bigdawg

Just Me
Not sure exactly what you are asking... is it going through a clean cycle in the middle of a print?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
VP-540 People, change your oem ink to Compatible J-STAR ink. You will save more than 70% of ink cost savings in this critical economy crisis. I have sent out couple free ink sets to current forum members. They will post their feedbacks very soon.

Same kind of ink are selling thousands of liters each month in Europe.

sales@fieldcenterusa.com/ Francis Kao/ (949)209-7306

scuba_steve2699

VP-540 People, change your oem ink to Compatible J-STAR ink. You will save more than 70% of ink cost savings in this critical economy crisis. I have sent out couple free ink sets to current forum members. They will post their feedbacks very soon.

Great, now we get infomercials in the middle of a forum thread! :banghead:

StreamlineDesign

The clicks are normal that's the pump operation. I have never had a cleaning performed during a print seems curious.

I have heard that too. I think you're right - it's just the pumps pumping some ink through. The sound reminds me of the oil change places when they're pumping new oil into your vehicle.

anotherdog

I have to mention this will void your warranty.

Joesignshop

Yes it's sounds like the clicking or pumping during the printing process, sounds like the cleaning process briefly, Must be normal as my unit has about 4 hours on it. I'll contact Roland and get back to the forum.

Bigdawg

Just Me
That clicking is normal... I thought you were talking a cleaning cycle starting in the middle of the print... which wouldn't be normal...

Mike_Koval

the pump clicking is normal...even during a print.

3rd party inks void the warranty on anything the ink touches, lines, dampers, heads, caps and pump. I have heard that the ink manufacturer would cover any damage if it were to damage anything. Not definitely sure about this though.

Welcome to the forum Russ!