• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Walk-ins...

HulkSmash

Are completely Awful.

Customer: I have and 07 mustang with white racing stripes.. i want to make them real tree camo stripes.. how much?
Me: We're not really setup to do small strips like that.
Customer: Well it's not a rush i can wait, how much?
Me: $575.00
Customer: What if i put your logo small on my back winshield?
Me: Same Price
Customer: WHAT? THIS IS A MUSTANG WITH REAL TREE CAMO STRIPES, EVERYONE WILL BE ASKING WHERE I GOT IT AND I'M GIVING YOU ADVERTISEMENT... IT'LL BRING YOU TONS OF BUSINESS
Me: I don't want you to advertise i do strips, for the love of god.
Customer: Did i mention this is a mustang?????????????????????? ( at this point, I can tell by the way he's talking, he thinks a $21,000 mustang is on the level of a $350k Lamborghini)
Me: uhh yes. Still not interested in doing the work for free.. anything else?
Customer:I CANT BELIEVE THIS, YOU ARE CRAZY.. yells and storms out.

This is why i do only business to business. No race cars.. no stupid camo strips...no dumb 2x4 graduation banners

mgieske

We're installing a trap door in front of our sales counter. First few words of stupid and your gone....

SignManiac

I love walk-ins. It gives me an opportunity to convert them to Scientology. At least this way they can't slam their door in my face.

PRS Bryan

You should have sold him a DIY camo kit.

I have done something similar to this before.

I buy the vinyl, mark it up 30% and resell it to the customer.

I make easy money and the customer gets it cheaper than what Cabela's charges.

When they hear what it costs to have me install it, they always choose to do it themselves.

As a side note, on a Mustang? Lame.

When a customer asks for Camo from me I just have to ask "Is it a 150 or 250?"

HulkSmash

I have done something similar to this before.

I buy the vinyl, mark it up 30% and resell it to the customer.

I make easy money and the customer gets it cheaper than what Cabela's charges.

When they hear what it costs to have me install it, they always choose to do it themselves.

yeah, no thanks. Not stopping my $10k+ jobs for a 200 stripe.

PRS Bryan

What?!?! Where is the lovin for us 350 owners that want camo?

are-you-compensating-for-small-willy.jpg

ddarlak

Go Bills!
that's why i stopped paying ridiculous rent for a shop on the main drag and bought a building hidden off a side street in a residential area....

they'll never find me here.

Pat Whatley

It's about time somebody chimes in with one of those "I did some stripes for a guy while he waited one time....he came back the next week with a $50 million order" posts.

Mosh

I am glad to read this. I have a lot of people around here that don't understand why I hate walk-ins....glad there are more of us out there.

GWSigns

I completely understand the disdain for walk-ins. For me, that is part of my job. Since we are trying to grow and get out that we have a business, it is a critical issue for us.

Having me handle all the disucssions and sinking in of the concept that we are not Walmart or an online mega producer of signs, helps to let the guys do what they do best, design and produce.

I am sure there will come a time that I am doing more in the shop and I too will not welcome the interruption, but for now, we need it.

Our administration wants more sales, but in order to do so, we need staff, equipment, & profile!:thumb:

JR's

I think the post should read"time wasters"and cheap time wasters is even worse. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :goodpost: for Friday.