• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Walk-ins...

Bly

Haha. As soon as he said camo stripes I woulda gone back to what I was doing.

Our shop is in a low rent area with junkies hanging around outside so we don't have to endure many timewasters like that.
But the determined ones who are sure we'll be cheap sometimes make the extra effort.

We had an individual walk in one afternoon after we had been here about a year, said he was the mayor... figured he was going to give us a belated welcome to our small town business district. Said he needed numbers for his race car. I gave him a price said I could have tomorrow, he said oh actually I need them now. I said sorry can't squeeze it in next hour.... and he walked out.

thesignexpert

We're installing a trap door in front of our sales counter. First few words of stupid and your gone....

Why did a pool full of alligators come to mind...?

This is how we deal.

DSC01646.JPG

Marlene

another way to look at it is they went into a professional shop not some dude with a "vinyl cutter" off e-bay in his back shed. we ***** about those people all the time and when they do walk into an actual shop, we still ***** like little girls.

TammieH

Thanks for a good laugh on a Friday afternoon ...funny posts

BTW not a walk-in, but we priced doing 2 sets of numbers for a couple race cars just today...after giving the customer the quote, they come back with...do you want to sponsor a race care...LOL

Maybe we could do that the next time a plumber comes for a visit, "would you like to sponsor this house"?

TheSnowman

I tried the "by appointment only" deal, and everyone would freak out and wonder why they had to schedule an appointment when I was right inside the door. I just decided to raise my minimum, and raise my maximum for the jobs I really didn't want. I still waste a lot of time it seems, but not to the point where it's not worth it. I'm a one man shop that at some times of the year needs anything I can get. However...that being said, I make 90% of my regular income from repeat email sales and phone calls.

tattoo.dan

OMG...I couldn't get the door locked and to my beer fast enough today.....tonight's the Demo Derby! I coulda sponsored every car in it! lol

Pat Whatley

we priced doing 2 sets of numbers for a couple race cars just today...after giving the customer the quote, they come back with...do you want to sponsor a race care...LOL

Side note....I've been asked several times in the last couple of years by racers who are paying me to cut letters if I want to stick my name on the quarter panels. They didn't want a discount, they didn't want me to sponsor them, they just wanted more stickers on the car to make it look like a real race car.

Turned them all down because I know what that would lead to with every other race car driver that saw it.

Usually I tell the guys that want sponsorship that I'd be glad to lettering the car for free if they let me drive it in the next race. Nobody has taken me up on it yet. One of these days, though, one of these days.

Locals Find!

I sponsored a couple of my buddies race trucks. Got me some nice work, not $50k work, but a few $K worth of trailer decals and other misc. stuff from the team owners for their daytime construction businesses.

So, while it might not be for everyone you gotta look for business owners running teams not the employees.

HulkSmash

I sponsored a couple of my buddies race trucks. Got me some nice work, not $50k work, but a few $K worth of trailer decals and other misc. stuff from the team owners for their daytime construction businesses.

So, while it might not be for everyone you gotta look for business owners running teams not the employees.

no.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I thought you took all your "knowledge" back to the real estate market.

Getting advice from a donkey will always make you look like an A**.

John Butto

I thought you took all your "knowledge" back to the real estate market.

Getting advice from a donkey will always make you look like an A**.
A donkey is an ***, and if you could get advice from a donkey you would be considered a donkey whisperer.
Your quote should be.. "don't be an A** and bet on a donkey". Meaning not to bet on Adtechia winning in the sign business when he is running with higher class breeds.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I ******* hate drag racers ... they bring their p.o.s. 93 civic with a kit body to make it look like a poor mans lotus into the shop and want you do do a full wrap for less than a grand installed because their buddy at the strip will do it for that much but is 'too busy' to do it in the next month. **** them. **** them hard ... cheap skates. I tell them the art will cost a grand and that fee is due up front and is non-refundable ... sends them right out the door.

The real fun ones ... "I know this job is only $30 and is the last job of the day, but can we also add a sick 2 foot skull in there for the same price? .... We can put your name on my sponsors if that will help sweeten the deal!"

Those are the days you want to quit and go start mowing yards or painting houses ... cause **** if it's more respected at times.

Mosh

This thread it very true: Time Wasters = Race Car Guy!!!!

I have gone from 25-30 cars a year to 2-3...glad to have that noose off my neck. There are at least 6 racers who "got one of those wrap machines" and are wrapping race car UNLAMINATED!!! LOL