• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wall mural

d fleming

Just got this one up in the lobby for our local pearlevision center. Phototex in 4 panels. Gotta love how easy this product is to install.

Attachments

• eyes.jpg
    eyes.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 183

d fleming

We get it from Fellers. Their catalog price for 54"x100' is .84 psf.
If you need it printed I would be happy to provide you with a quote. It's by far one of the easiest products we've used for murals, elevator doors, short term exterior glass, even backlights fairly well. Removal is grab and peel, no residue left behind.

d fleming

Man I have what seems to be identical to Phototex but its only $0.60 a sq.ft. If I sent you a sample would you try it to see if its comparable?

Sure, be glad to. Can send a sample of the phototex at same time so you can contrast/compare for yourself.

DeeHutch

Is that wall painted with a flat paint or a glossy? I've been using Oracal's 3268 I believe it is and it's VERY tempermental.

If you apply it to dry wall with flat paint, it curls. Not so much on glossy paint though.

So basically, what's your thoughts or experiences with the Photo Tex? I'm going to have to switch from the Oracal.

ZsVinylInc

Is that wall painted with a flat paint or a glossy? I've been using Oracal's 3268 I believe it is and it's VERY tempermental.

If you apply it to dry wall with flat paint, it curls. Not so much on glossy paint though.

So basically, what's your thoughts or experiences with the Photo Tex? I'm going to have to switch from the Oracal.

I have also recently tried some of Oracals 3628 on my daughters nursery recently on gloss paint. I tried a full bleed and it seems that the edges after a couple of days started to curl some. Might have to try and this Photo Tex Stuff.

d fleming

Phototex is made for walls. The wall in the pic was your basic flat painted sheetrock wall. It does not curl on the edges, is removable with no residue and fairly easy to install. I've even put it on brick walls with great success as well as glass. It can last a few months outside on glass, brick and stucco and is a good option for short term outdoor window graphics. It has a matte finish.

Letterbox Mike

Have you ever laminated the Phototex with a pressure-sensitive laminate? They say you shouldn't, just curious if it works or not.

d fleming

I haven't, one of the things I like about it is the matte finish and I'm not a huge fan of spray on or liquid lams.

Craig Sjoquist

So did you take the picture or have one took ?
is the water created using a art program or a template ?
did you put it together or was it supplied ?
how long did the project take ?
did you have help ?
did use the big squeegee ?
vertical panels ?

d fleming

So did you take the picture or have one took ?
Shot it with my digital.

is the water created using a art program or a template ?
did you put it together or was it supplied ?
Customer supplied file @ 2" and 300 dpi, blown, ripped, cropped and chopped to 13" using signlab.

how long did the project take ?
Once the order was in two days.

did you have help ?
1 shoprat for install could have been done with one person but much better and easier with 2.

did use the big squeegee ?
No, don't own one. Can't imagine trying to hit a seam on a wall with it. Looks like a great tool for some things though.

vertical panels ?
Yes.

ashleighfiddler

Hey everyone, I'm a huge fan of phototex. We've done 2 projects with it in the last 2 weeks. I'm printing with a Roland Versart 640 and i've noticed that the ink is kind of touchy even after a few days of drying. For example the prints seemed to get scuffed easily during handling and during application we couldn't use a squeegee as it would scrape the surface visibly. The sensitivity of the ink is the only drawback to this awesome material in my opinion though. Has anyone else had this issue and if so any advice on correcting it??

thanks!

d fleming

You may be getting too much ink on your media.
I use a felt squeegee, not felt covered and my hands with white gloves. Or even a clean sock:Big Laugh.

ashleighfiddler

ok, good point... thank you. we installed with our hands and it didn't transfer much at all but I'll try a different profile. I'm using Versaworks Solvent Satin Canvas profile and printing on standard speed.... Anyone with a better suggestion? thanks!

SurfaceSigns

Nice job mate.

I haven't had a chance to look at Phototex product yet, as no one in Western Canada seems to carry it, and the distributor in Ontario wants $1.39 a sqft for a 54"x100' roll, quite a premium over the price in the US. Anyone know of a decent distributor located in the Pacific Northwest that carries this product at a decent price?