• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Watch out New York sign makers!!!

wildhock

I Pass that place twice a week in the winter time. Scratch my head wonderin how they carry it, never ever looks busy, at least from the Thruway. It's a beautiful building, though!

Jr. is no longer involved with OCC. Hence his new "design" company. I am thinking coleman threw him a bone in hopes of selling based on his celeberity status.

Jon

Bigdawg

Just Me
That was crazy... only eight hours... I'm just totally impressed <not>

Love your take Marlene... can I charge you really big bucks to build that web site for ya'???

Sign Works

Aparently his local sign shop needs proper training in assembling multiple color RTA vinyl as well as transfer tape application. You know by now these things really shouldn't annoy me any longer but for some reason they still do. :doh:

i like his client list....

Coleman......

Does that mean his only client just passed away (Gary)

I always thought that dad was a little hard on him. Now the truth comes out. 8 hours

TheSnowman

You guys kill me. Watch the show before you go bashing it. The website posted isn't even "existing" anymore. This was what came out while American Chopper was still on the air. Yes, he only did the grill, and lettered the truck. He didn't cut the vinyl, in the show he went to the place had them cut it, and since he couldn't build bikes anymore, he had nothing else to do, so why not try it.

He had a clause when he was fired/quit OCC that he wouldn't be in the bike industry for a year. Well, that year has now passed. He is building bikes again with the guys that built OCC to what it is (ie Vinny) and now the show is called American Chopper Sr. vs Jr.

He is not promoting that he is doing installs and cutting stuff, he had nothing else to put on his website because he doesn't know how to do much other stuff other than build bikes. If you go to the "real site" pauljrdesigns.com, you just see what is there right now, I assume until the new show airs, then they will have all new items for sale, etc. The stuff the old site focused on, was just to have something in existance until he was able to build bikes again.

Ok, sorry for the rant...but I've seen every single episode of American Chopper, and I follow everything about everyone on that show as much as I possibly can. When they said it would be on the air again, I got half my life back, because it has been something I've watched every week since it first came on.

Pat Whatley

When they said it would be on the air again, I got half my life back...
....and you spend the other half here like the rest of us. :ROFLMAO:

I keep hearing the same old stuff about him...can't build a bike for shit, welds keep cracking, logo looks like crap, blah, blah, blah....they found a little niche, fate dropped a television show in their lap, and they exploited for everything it was worth. You want to see marketing work? Look at OCC. That fugly OCC logo was on EVERYTHING a few years ago, they made more on just hat sales than I'll probably make in my life.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Ok, sorry for the rant...but I've seen every single episode of American Chopper, and I follow everything about everyone on that show as much as I possibly can. When they said it would be on the air again, I got half my life back, because it has been something I've watched every week since it first came on.

I think you need to switch to a TV show with proven longevity to keep your life full:

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/

wayne k
guam usa

Fatboy

good grief, I could have done this job in 20 minutes and that includes cleaning the truck.

I can't believe he actually took pictures of the process like he was proud of it.

Ya right! Maybe Discovery should make a reality film of you doing it.I would have been proud.It looks stunning!

Joe Diaz

I have a few opinions on this: The first is that I wouldn't be surprised if this "firing/quiting/going separates ways" is just a gimmick to make the show a little more interesting to watch. You know to infuse some drama into a discovery channel show. I mean if they are already re branding the show as "American Chopper Sr. vs Jr", that leads me to believe that they are trying to jump the shark, so to speak. Which I'm totally fine with. It would be more interesting to see them battle it out. Here again, I'm just guessing here. I used to watch the show all the time, and enjoyed it, but I can't remember the last time I did, this move may bring in more viewers.

Secondly, I'm a glass half full type of guy, and I see the whole taking 8 hours to install lettering as a positive. With his exposure it might be a good thing. Think about it. I would much rather the average person think it takes hours to install lettering then them thinking all we do is press a few buttons. Maybe it will help balance it out you know. :ROFLMAO:

I remember a few years back watching that show and a guy was putting some Sign Gold vinyl (or something similar) on to a bike, and he was talking about how gold leafing was a dieing art, like he was actually gold leafing the bike. It made me chuckle :Big Laugh

haha jump the shark i was thinking the same thing.

Marlene TOO FUNNY

Jill i think we have found another person that you and i can sponsor with our clothing line.

i have never seen proof that he did or did not..but the rumor is that Paul Sr paid discovery $100,000 to film and air the initial show they did..if it is true it was an incredible stroke of genius (and it never hurts to get lucky either).

i am not a fan at all but i can appreciate the psychology of the marketing involved..simply genius and sad at the same time.

schramm

I checked out the entire site and I didn't see any links for cutting vinyl though I did see reference to DIY vinyl jobs. I hope to God that he is not going to teach them to apply though. Thank God for the wife coming in and looking pretty for 2 minutes of his video otherwise I would of fell asleep!

DONT WORRY NY, YOUR SAFE AS HE IS A DOOF!

Mosh

Jr. is a coke snorting cry baby!!!! I was a big fan and have also seen every show several times.