• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

We are thinking of getting a CNC Router, but This was interesting

Gary Wiant

We recently purchased a CNC Router Parts Pro 4896 with all their upgrades and so far love it. Is it to the Multicam or Laguna level? No but is it capable of doing incredible work? Yes. DetailGS If you or anyone else has any questions let me know I'll help if I can. We built a vacuum table for ours.

johnnysigns

Cutting thick acrylic isn't exactly a good analogy for how well a router Vs cutting table will work. Feed rates, RPM and the proper tooling will dictate what you can and can't rout quickly with your particular hardware. What the original poster intends to do with the machine seems to be a much more prudent question.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Run 1/2" or 1" aluminum on the Zund or Esko (something I've done plenty of times with a MultiCam). Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have either one of them for thinner plastics and finishing, but I'll stick with the MultiCam for cutting parts for sign fabrication (thicker aluminum, acrylics, wood, etc.) or 3D effects for signs.
That's not a knock against either Zund or Esko. The flatbed cutters have their purposes, and are very good for those purposes. But then, so do routers like MultiCam, AXYZ, etc. Heck, our MultiCam should be able to do ADA compliant, tactile copy and Braille- but I've never tried it because our Xenetech engraving tables do that better. It's just (in my opinion) using the right tool for the job.

KSTrooper

Wrapper, designer, illustrator
I can't say enough good things about MultiCam CNC routers. our 3000 series has been a workhorse for the past 15+ years, with minimal service thanks to weekly maintenance.
MultiCams are indeed awesome. My old shop has a 5x12 with 8 tool changer, it's fantastic.