• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

We have a vaccine

ikarasu

Agree with most of your points EXCEPT your lead-in; not sure how you jump to the conclusion 'it's mainly Trump guy's' who don't want the vaccine. Everyone I know here in Trump country, Democrat or Republican, wants a vaccine. Are there a few who don't and who happen to have voted for Trump? Probably, but it's quite a leap and divisive to suggest we all think the same way because of which political candidate we support. Another example of politicizing a health issue and ascribing a narrative making assumptions about a large group of people based on the actions of a few.
I'm mainly taking about on S101, I'm in the west coast (And in Canada) so I don't know many other trumpers!

I know a few anti vaccine people irl and they lean to the left, not the right.... I don't think people who follow trump are more anti vaccine than others, just pointing out a lot of people love trump because he says it how it is, and people find him trustworthy.... Then a lot of posts on here are about how the vaccine is some government conspiracy.... When he is the one fast tracking it and recommending it. (kudos to him for that)

ikarasu

Who one votes for or what they believe politically has no bearing on this vaccine call for me or anyone I know. I know people who will be first in line and I know others who will not even go close to the place handing them out..... or selling them.

Truly, I think we all need a rest of politics and shut them the f*ck down, before this place becomes overly sensitized to the same bullsh!t our leaders are trying to instill upon us. And any of you from a different country who has no say in it (our politics that is), can either follow suit or just keep on keeping on with your riling styles.

I don't know why you take it so personally when a non American has a view on us politics. We may have no say in it, but that doesn't mean we don't have an interest in it (both personally and professionally), especially when whomever gets Ellected has a direct influence on our politics and policies.

Canada is a sister country to usa... Our economy is intertwined, our policies mirror yours, etc.

You can ignore my posts or thoughts if you want, but I'm not going to stop being part of a discussion because I live a whopping 5 minutes away from USA so "my opinion my doesn't matter"

I do wonder if I was for trump if your stance would be different though.

Reveal1

I'm okay hearing a different point of view and okay having the ability telling you your full of it. In general, can't wait for the chance though to do it the old fashioned way, over a beer (even a Carling Black Label) , less than six ft. apart and without a mask. Meanwhile, at least here we're not being censored as they are on Twit and FB.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have no problem with someone from another country or another part of the world making normal comments about most anything, but when you start telling me how it is or what's wrong, there's nothing you can do to fix it, ruin it further or derail it completely. You wanna keep on putting your two cents in where it doesn't fit, go right ahead. I'll just keep reminding you, you have no way of helping and are useless. Whether you or I would side with the left or the right, has no bearing, either. It's all about voting or not voting. You cannot vote here, so you can'y help with a thing. You have nothing at stake. Neither do the people in this country who don't vote. It's more about the, but outsiders fit the bill, too.

Again, this thing about vaccines is not political..... anyway, not for me. It's personal and I just won't take it, no matter how much they want me to.