• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Website design question

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, one door closes and another one opens. I guess you've just rescued Addie from the bottom of the pile. Even he's a notch or two above that demented conspiracy. And then you come back for more ?? :omg2:

You're a bigger goon than I would've imagined, but then it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

jkdbjj

Now it is a conspiracy? Wow this is crazy.

I have said on several treads I dont design, that I can't design, that I needed help. I also said I couldn't afford Dan.

I thought you all were helping out of the kindness of your heart. I wasn't trying to dupe anyone.

I wasn't and am not hiding from anything or back peddling.

ucmj22

you literally had about 50 people helping you design your own logo for you, most of them by deceptive proxy, then you take someones free advice and give it to someone else who you pay $350 to.

...and you see nothing wrong with this?

oh and the designers on that site are not "kids" nor "newbies" their designs are actually pretty good, and some of them are probably from 3rd world countries trying to make a living. Your condescending attitude towards these designers is not lost on me.

Circleville Signs

you literally had about 50 people helping you design your own logo for you, most of them by deceptive proxy, then you take someones free advice and give it to someone else who you pay $350 to.

oh and the designers on that site are not "kids" nor "newbies" their designs are actually pretty good, and some of them are probably from 3rd world countries trying to make a living. Your condescending attitude towards these designers is not lost on me.

:goodpost::U Rock:

ucmj22

Now it is a conspiracy? Wow this is crazy.

I have said on several treads I dont design, that I can't design, that I needed help. I also said I couldn't afford Dan.

I thought you all were helping out of the kindness of your heart. I wasn't trying to dupe anyone.

I wasn't and am not hiding from anything or back peddling.

lets think about this in the physical real world rather than on a forum. lets say we are all at your house and you say "hey can you guys help me out, I'm having a terrible time with my logo?" we all say "Sure!" then you take our ideas to your guest room, where you have your nephew mocking up our ideas unknown to us. then you thank us all for our help, or not, and pay the guy in your guest room $350 for all his hard work mocking up our ideas.....

..... still nothing....?

Joe Diaz

Whether or not some "kid" was helping you isn't even really the issue. The issue was you were using the people of this community to help judge your crowd sourcing contest, under false pretenses. Never once did you tell us that you were using a crowd sourcing site to come up with these concepts. Everyone one here was trying to help you develop as a designer. Had they known a crowd sourcing site was a part of the equation, they most likely would not have helped.

Fist of all the designers on that site can't see our advice so we are wasting out time helping someone who doesn't even design.

Second of all crowd sourcing hurts this industry. It cheapens what we do for a living.

I believe you knew this and that is why you mislead us. Now we know.

jkdbjj

I can see an issue with what you are saying. I can see how it looks now. That wasn't my intention.

I doesn't matter at this point. I was very appreciative of the advice, and I in turn would go to great lengths for others here. Believe it or not there are some members that I have already helped or tried to help behind the scenes that you all know nothing about.

I'm not a bad person, and I mean nothing ill towards anyone. Hence I made this new thread today, I wasn't even aware of the issue.

However, I understand now how it looks. Conspiracy, freeloading, taking advantage of and so forth. Again, wasn't my thoughts, agenda, or intention at all. I thought I had a place to hang out and learn, that was my only goal.

It will be painted however people want to paint it though.

jkdbjj

Whether or not some "kid" was helping you isn't even really the issue. The issue was you were using the people of this community to help judge your crowd sourcing contest, under false pretenses. Never once did you tell us that you were using a crowd sourcing site to come up with these concepts. Everyone one here was trying to help you develop as a designer. Had they known a crowd sourcing site was a part of the equation, they most likely would not have helped.

Fist of all the designers on that site can't see our advice so we are wasting out time helping someone who doesn't even design.

Second of all crowd sourcing hurts this industry. It cheapens what we do for a living.

I believe you knew this and that is why you mislead us. Now we know.
Joe I hear you loud and clear. Maybe that is true, about being embarrassed about using a site like that. I was not even aware of those sites til recently.
Again, I wasn't trying to dupe or hurt anyone, and I can learn from my mistakes. The judgment has already been given to me from the members, so there is no changing that.

Sucks really, and I'm sorry I pissed so many people off.

jkdbjj

I will remove the logo from use when I get to my computer. Doesn't make it right, but apparently the majority think I obtained with bad intentions.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Joe I hear you loud and clear. Maybe that is true, about being embarrassed about using a site like that. I was not even aware of those sites til recently.
Again, I wasn't trying to dupe or hurt anyone, and I can learn from my mistakes. The judgment has already been given to me from the members, so there is no changing that.

Sucks really, and I'm sorry
I pissed so many people off.

You didn't p!ss them off... you used them and intentionally. There's no other way around this. You've hurt many people and lost the trust of the entire community. You might be new here and not know certain things, but lying is still lying and you held back many truths and disguised many things for your own gain. Tht's really not forgiveable in most arenas, but I will say this... I can't believe you are still defending yourself, unless you are the stoopidest person on earth, but if that was the case.... you couldn't have orchestrated this whole underhanded plot.

I'm afraid you sealed your own future with this stunt of yours. Hope it's not too lonely down there by yourself.

I see on your profile, Addie is your only friend. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he pulled that out from under you. That would make him feel like part of the gang, but then that would indicate some sort of clique, when it's just pure justice when all feel the same towards a common thief.

Joe Diaz

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showpost.php?p=972352&postcount=38

These kids on those sites are newbies, need direction, so I got some ideas offered feedback and for example Jill's suggestions.

You aren't helping these newbies. You are taking advantage of them and cheapening what we do for a living. If you really wanted to do them a favor you would not participate on sites like that. Take the designer that "won" your contest for example: He or she has participated in 475 of these contests and has only won 84 of them. That is less than 18 percent. You want to know how many jobs I take on and get paid for my time and efforts? 100 percent of them. These designers need to be learning that. Not how to work for scraps.

SO That's hundreds of hours that this person has spent creating designs... unpaid for. just to win a few hundred dollars here or there? That's crap man. And even some of those contests that his or her design didn't win may have "inspired" the designer that did. Those ideas have value.

If they are newbies just learning and practicing on your company's image, they are also simultaneously hurting the industry they hope to one day call their profession.

And you certainly aren't winning in this case either. You bark out a few orders here or there so your design slaves will do exactly what you want (or what you think you want). But part of hiring a professional is also hiring their experiences, expertise and advice. The non creative person should not be in charge of the creativity, this is why you hire a professional designer.

Long story short. If you aren't a designer. Substitute your profession for this, and pretend trying to work in that environment where you do all the work upfront for a slim chance of getting paid. That would suck wouldn't it?
You can, you just don't value what we all do for a living. You don't "afford" a design. You invest in one. A better design will help your business.

And don't give us that crap about needing help with your design... That was what people were trying to do, but since you weren't designing you were wasting everyone's time. You needed a focus group to help you judge your contest. This isn't a focus group.

jkdbjj

You didn't p!ss them off... you used them and intentionally. There's no other way around this. You've hurt many people and lost the trust of the entire community. You might be new here and not know certain things, but lying is still lying and you held back many truths and disguised many things for your own gain. Tht's really not forgiveable in most arenas, but I will say this... I can't believe you are still defending yourself, unless you are the stoopidest person on earth, but if that was the case.... you couldn't have orchestrated this whole underhanded plot.

I'm afraid you sealed your own future with this stunt of yours. Hope it's not too lonely down there by yourself.

I see on your profile, Addie is your only friend. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he pulled that out from under you. That would make him feel like part of the gang, but then that would indicate some sort of clique, when it's just pure justice when all feel the same towards a common thief.
Understood, and I agree. The only thing I disagree with here is intention. My intention was not to deceive, or hurt or gain wrongfully. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, but this simply isn't true.
I am busy enough throughout the day and week not to have time to plot and plan stuff like that.

Either way, your words aren't falling on deaf ears.

Border

The only thing I disagree with here is intention. My intention was not to deceive, or hurt or gain wrongfully.

I would just LOVE to see the correspondences (including images sent and received) between you and the crowdsourcing designers.

I'll bet that would turn this most recent statement of yours into another LIE.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Understood, and I agree. The only thing I disagree with here is intention. My intention was not to deceive, or hurt or gain wrongfully. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, but this simply isn't true.
I am busy enough throughout the day and week not to have time to plot and plan stuff like that.

Either way, your words aren't falling on deaf ears.

probably the same in the opposite direction too. from now on, send that sort of post to another graphic design forum or web design forum (.com) since a burned bridge is hard to pass regardless if you accidentally dropped the gas and match on it ... or planned it.

jkdbjj

I would just LOVE to see the correspondences (including images sent and received) between you and the crowdsourcing designers.

I'll bet that would turn this most recent statement of yours into another LIE.

How so? I actually had an awful experience using that service. which is neither here nor there, but what do you mean? I simply explained to the one designer that had a usable logo that I was getting feedback from people about this or that aspect.

The idea about making the I in the icon the I in impact was my design idea.

It's ok though, I am the devil now and a POS. Got it, thanks.