Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weigh-Ins for the signs101 Losers (the good kind!)

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by totalimage, Aug 1, 2008.

1. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Lol

It's amazing how much weight you can lose in photoshop. I noticed that the second picture is narrower than the first. I should try that:toasting:

2. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    You wish dale. ;)

Doctor said I lost another 8 lbs from January to February. Hooray.

3. Deaton Design

Deaton Design Very Active Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Ive lost a total of 26 pounds and Im back in the gym. I completely forgot how sore you can get from working out. I remember now.

4. omgsideburns

Apr 15, 2008
    I've been working out so long that I haven't gotten very sore in a long time.. Then I broke down three pallets of tile and carried them in case at a time from the driveway to a nice resting place in the back of the garage. Can't wait until I start installing it.. I'm sure the feeling will come back.

5. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Managed to get drop another 15 in January on schedule. Had to stop the last couple of weeks because I went a little overboard and got my bowel operation all whacked. I'm almost back to normal, I'll be back on track by Monday.

6. omgsideburns

Apr 15, 2008
    In the 170's now. Woohoo. Set my personal best 5k today while doing my usual tuesday run. 26min 16seconds.

7. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    congrats! I too am doing pretty good. I am down to a weight where I am just puggy, plump, etc. instead of morbidly obese, yippie! in the gym every week day morning at 6am and loving it

8. omgsideburns

Apr 15, 2008
    Good for you! Anyone that can stick with a fitness plan is doing great. It takes a great deal of discipline to to that.

It seems all I ever hear from people who ask me how to lose weight, or to help them lose weight is excuses.

9. SD&F

SD&F Very Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    So what's my motivation????? Is anyone gonna put some pics up there so I can see how svelte they are becoming???

10. omgsideburns

Apr 15, 2008
    this is me like a month ago... pardon my cheesy mirror chad-bro picture. no one ever takes my picture but me. and yes, that's a screwdriver in my back pocket.

Attached Files:

11. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    I wish I had some before photos but I am one who has never liked having my pix taken so I don't have any. when I get where I am going down to, I'll have hubby snap a pix.

me too. they really hate it when I tell them there was no magic or super pill or anything but eating right and working out. I've done all the crazy diets out there and failed as they work but they aren't something that you can live a real life doing. eating right and working out is easy as it is all you have to do, no cabage soup, no grapefruit, no meat only, no food coming in the mail, no shakes, none of that nonsense

12. SD&F

SD&F Very Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    You're looking GOOD! OK, I may have to join the group on this one.

13. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    come on over to the dark side and join us!

14. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    I've lost about 15 pounds since the beginning of the year just by cutting some junk food out of the diet. I love Taco Flavored Doritos™ but the empty carbs just add sludge on the mid-section.

Downside: a little bit of muscle mass lost. Can't bench press quite what I could back in December, but I'm almost there. I've been taking a couple core and sports conditioning classes at the gym and getting pretty cut. I'm looking good and well on the way to having six pack abs by summer.

15. DRPSignsNGrafix

DRPSignsNGrafix Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2005
    I think I have won this whole deal. Look at the pics. Red shirt is me at 349lbs and today at 176lbs in the black shirt. I WIN

Attached Files:

16. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    OMG Mike, you worked hard to do that! congrats!!!!

17. DRPSignsNGrafix

Nov 3, 2005
    Thanks Marlene. The first pic was taken 04/28/2010 the other pic was taken today.

It was a lot of work but I did kinda cheat. I had a Gastric Bypass done on 8-23-2010 But it's been a lot of work and life changes to keep it off.

18. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont

not cheating at all as people think it is all they have to do and it sure isn't. I know several people who have done the bypass and have gone back to what they were before. it takes a lot of work to maintain and to keep it off.

I'll hit my 85 pound mark at this week's Weight Watchers meeting. I still have a few more to go but it sure looks a ot more doable than the overwhelming amount I was looking at a year ago.

19. DRPSignsNGrafix

Nov 3, 2005
    Keep up the good work Marlene. Your right it's a lot of work to keep it off. I know people who have had the surgery and gained it all back as well. It takes a lot of life style changes. Big Al gets me going with all his talk of food though. LMAO

20. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    171 from 185 in feb!