• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weigh-Ins for the signs101 Losers (the good kind!)

slappy

okay.. i'm in this now.

My current weight this morning was 181.2 (i know... but i'm 6 foot tall!)

i have a stack of jeans in my closet. Literally about 45 of them... and they all range in size from a 6 to 14. I'm in a 9/10 right now. I gave up pop and lost some pounds (was 188/189) and SURPRISE! I now fit into 3 "new to me" closest jeans that have been sitting there on the floor for the past who knows how many years cause i bought them when i dated my ex in 1999-2004 era.. lol

I keep going from 182 to 180.. and really wishing to enter into the 170's....

My highest was when i was pregnant. I gained and gained, i figured the more i gained, the more cushion for no stretch marks and i have none. I was super skinney at 140lbs, pregency with ayden, whose now 3, i actually gained 90lbs weighing at 230 before delivery and 200 a week after giving birth. So that was the fastest i've ever lost 30lbs.

But, count me in! I look forward to losing it and getting back into my size 6!

sorry if this post is ----- , i'm getting ready to go home!

Roto

No,No...working out....like running or an aerobics class or kickboxing or soccer. Something that uses muscles and developes your lungs. Something that makes you sweat and breathe hard. Once you get into something like that, you'll have so much more energy you won't believe it.....and you can eat whatever you want. You'll live longer too.

Good Post ^^^^^:rock-n-roll::clapping:

Now all I have to do is DoIt!! LOL

Pro Image

Im down to 208 from 230 at the first of the summer.......Going to be doing a 3k and 5K Spartan run next year.......I havent felt this good in years......

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Weighed in this morning and I'm down 28lbs.

The Goddess just bought me a Weider 'Complete Home Gym' and we set it up last night. Now that it's getting colder, the wuss in me feels I won't be riding my bike as much, so in her motherly way of taking care of me... I now have a nice setup to use anytime I want. And she can use it as well.

Now I have to figure out a way to get reception down in the basement.......... :doh:

njshorts

If ya'll dont mind, I'm going to hop into this one...

6'5", weighed in 5 weeks ago at 241. As of today, 217.5. Quit drinking, watched the sodas, started eating better... now looking into exercise if the shop will allow it :p

omgsideburns

In the last 4 years I've lost about 100 pounds. I've gone from just under 300 pounds to just under 200 pounds. From barely fitting into size 40 pants and X-Large shirts, to being comfortable in size 33/34 pants and Medium shirts. Four years ago I struggled to run 100 yards, and now I can run 3 miles without feeling it the next day. I couldn't ride my 21 speed 5 miles without struggling, and now I can do 30 miles on a fixed gear like it's nothing at all.

Why do I still feel like I'm a fat turd?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I'm Jim, and I'm fat. I've come to this group in hopes of gaining control in my life again.

Oh, wait...wrong group...sorry. Anyway, I confess...I've been trying to lose 35 pounds over the last six months.

How am I doing?

Well....I've lost six months.

Count me in for some sort of accountability. Coca Cola is my downfall....yep, I know it's just battery acid with a little cola flavor and lots of sugar. But somehow, my brain thinks it needs its daily "tickle" of sweetened caffeine.

5'4" @198# is not quite a barrel shape, nor is it "good shape".

I'm in serious trouble of potential blackmail. The kids still have some photos of me driving the lawn tractor a few summers ago...shirtless....moobs and all. Not good facebook material, if you know what I mean.

I'm on my way out to the shop to dust off the weight bench...which stands surrounded by several bags of returnable pop cans. Looks like the battle's on.

JB

omgsideburns

Cutting out sugary beverages and soda (except diet!) was the first thing I did when I started trying to lose weight. It's a big big big reduction in your daily calorie intake, and will help level off your blood sugar. Dropping the soda alone will make you lose some weight.

And I just did a nonstop run of 6 miles. Feels good.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Cutting out sugary beverages and soda (except diet!) was the first thing I did when I started trying to lose weight. It's a big big big reduction in your daily calorie intake, and will help level off your blood sugar. Dropping the soda alone will make you lose some weight.

And I just did a nonstop run of 6 miles. Feels good.

+1 I was able to do it for about two months and then fell off the wagon. I was even off coffee also...talk about a major energy boost without having to be crippled by caffeine.

The first three or four days are absolutely the worst (major headache), but once past that, it becomes more of a psychological thing. Some foods, like pizza, subs, cheeseburgers and chili dogs just go better with soda. It's like something just snaps inside my head and tells me "swig a Coke...and hurry".

Looks like it would do me good to avoid the trigger foods.

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yowsa, down 31lbs. I'm really starting to feel it. My wife even says she can actually see it.

Mm-mm

signmeup

Some foods, like pizza, subs, cheeseburgers and chili dogs just go better with soda. It's like something just snaps inside my head and tells me "swig a Coke...and hurry".
JB
That's the kind of food I eat on workout days. Need lots of fat, protein and carbs or I'll get my *** kicked. But no soda. Too sweet for me. A beer afterwards is pretty good though.

Bly

I just started working out again & everything hurts.

I bulked up over the last year and a half due to a compound tib/fib fracture and subsequent osteomyelitis.

I'm 54 and was very fit before the accident, 3-4 krav maga classes a week.

Hope to get back to training when I'm able.

Condition falls away real quick when you are inactive doesn't it?

Suz

Bly,

Good for you, at 54 you are working on getting back to fit. Yes, I have noticed too that condition falls away quick when you are inactive.

Gino - that is a real accomplishment, the amount of weight you have lost. Good for you! Isn't it nice when SHE noticies? That is fantastic!

I'll admit, I have been stressed more than usual the past 7 months or so and have gained 10 lbs. So, I'm joining the ranks here and making the confession that I'm outa shape right now! I need to be more active. I need to be fit so I can do the physical things that my work requires. Also, so I can outrun my Grandkids (at least for now!) and do my annual summersault each birthday. My shoulder was hurting last year, so I skipped the summersault. However, I did prove once again a few weeks ago that I can still outrun the Grandkids, haha! This just amazes them, but I know that it won't last for too much longer, so I will brag about it while I can! :) 10 lbs is coming back off!!

Marlene

I haven't said anything but since last March, I have dropped over 65 pounds. I also joined a gym and now work out every morning. I decided I wasn't going to turn 60 as fat old lady. looks like I may turn 60 in april as a thin, old lady instead...yippie!

Suz

Marlene, you are amazing!!! So cool that you decided to get in shape before you hit 60. Photos, please!!!!! You are inspiring everybody who knows you, I'm sure.

Marlene

Marlene, you are amazing!!! So cool that you decided to get in shape before you hit 60. Photos, please!!!!! You are inspiring everybody who knows you, I'm sure.

thanks! I don't have any "fat" full body photos, only head shots. I haven't had any pixs taken with new improved bod yet as it still is a work in progress.

Suz

Marlene, I'm looki'n for the NEW & IMPROVED you, when you want to show off! I'm not aski'n for the fat ones, let's go forward, right? Yay! Happy New Year, Happy New YOU!