• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

weird zooming in corel13

tken

hi guys, i was 'googling' for a possible solution to my problem and i found this forum and it looks really nice. I hope someone here knows a way how to make the zoom in corel13, using the mouse wheel (with that 'centering mouse cursor') like the standard zooming in corel 12.

i dunno it might sound like a dumb problem but it's really annoying to me this "zoom and center" thing in corel 13. i just can't get used to it :(

:thankyou:

tken

yes, but in Corel 13 it also centers the mouse cursor in the center of the page. i think i looked three times in all the options... and found nothing :(

Flame

Don't know how to fix it, but I admit it's annoying. Although I just installed X3 about an hour ago, so I don't have too much time on it yet...:Big Laugh

Shovelhead

Many issues with CX......

will be addressed in COREL 14..ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....CX2?
odd numbered CORELS suck...........even numbered realeases
address the odd numbered problems...........
how about the font drop down that gets hung up all the time???

tken

i really don't get this, if something works fine, and it's a good feature, why the hell do they change that? ...makes me mad.

i think i`ll stick with corel 12, even though v13 has some cool new features, i can't work with that new zooming method, it drives me nuts :(

47CP

I use X3 extensively, and mine does not zoom this way. It zooms the same as 12.

If I click on the scroll wheel, it switches modes and centers.

I don't know where the setting is, but it is in there somewhere. :)

DaveW

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
tken said:
i really don't get this, if something works fine, and it's a good feature, why the hell do they change that? ...makes me mad.

There's a difference between a good feature and what you're used to.

Centering the image on the point of zoom puts a far larger portion of the zoomed image in context as well as preserving the cursor location relative to the image for subsequent zoom operations.

Since the cursor is left right where it was relative to the image, why do you protest? Of what does this deprive you other than familiarity with a previous process?

If the cursor were left where it was then either the cursor postion relative to the image whoud shift if the image were centered or the region of interest would become a smaller and smaller area of the display with each zoom in if the image were not centered.

47CP

Never mind my post. I just tested and it zooms based on the cursor location.

For whatever reason, I never noticed this behavior as being that different than V12. :(

DaveW

Techman

I just saw your concern,,,, you are right,, they did change it.. Now I gotta figure it out ... This is goona haunt me untill i find it,,, arrrrgggggg.

tken

Techman said:
I just saw your concern,,,, you are right,, they did change it.. Now I gotta figure it out ... This is goona haunt me untill i find it,,, arrrrgggggg.

if u ever find a solution to this... please let us know :thumb:

Craig Sjoquist

coreldraw X3 zoom is awesume more features then 12 Iv'e read about it used it once forgot some lol .... let you know more next post lol....THANK YOU & ENJOY LIFE

Jackpine

I use X3 but I still use version 10 for ease of use until I get comfortable in X3. I go to X3 for the features 10 doesn't have. The screen colors seem pale to me coompared to 10 and that annoys me. I am very pleased with X3. I have been using Corel since version 1.....then 3, 7, 10 and X3.

Craig Sjoquist

zoom tool is awesome try it ..see that magnafing glass in your tool bar to your left...... click it then object or group ...right click and you find other menus to custom your zoom features ....did ya notice how well it performed you like it,several ways to zoom, adjustable zooms,the list goes on ...THANK YOU & ENJOY LIFE

tken

Craig Sjoquist said:
zoom tool is awesome try it ..see that magnafing glass in your tool bar to your left...... click it then object or group ...right click and you find other menus to custom your zoom features ....did ya notice how well it performed you like it,several ways to zoom, adjustable zooms,the list goes on ...THANK YOU & ENJOY LIFE

i can't find any menus, if i select the magnifing glass and then right click, it zooms out.

tken

ok so i`ve change that default action to show me the context menu instead of zooming out (from preferences, toolbox, zoom) i`ve also checked "relative to 1:1" and it still centers my cursor on zoom.

the context menu shows nothing else than "zoom to page width/height/in/out/blablaba" nothing so 'unusual' there.... i think this weird way of zooming in corel x3 cannot be changed :(

2NinerNiner2

tken -

This has perplexed me since you first posted so I fired up both 12 and X3 side by side and damn, they both zoom the same. Identical. I can't tell the difference. My settings are set the same as well in Tools>Options>Toolbox>Zoom, Hand Tool. Perhaps you had some other settings applied in your 12? Do you use the Navigator Box (in the lower right corner of the drawing window)to quickly move around the drawing? I find this to be very handy (in 12 as well)

tken

i`ve installed corel x3 on two different PCs, and the zoom is not the same as in corel 12. i mean it zooms alright but it also centers my cursor, i just hate that thing :(
i`m not using navigator box.. never used that, i am using just my scroll to zoom. i tried to get used to it but... i just can't :/

do you mean your corel x3 doesn't change cursor position at all? when zooming with the scroll?

TheMattMan

Mine doesn't change the cursor position when I scroll zoom.. it just zooms where you place the cursor... maybe you have some option turned on or something?