• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Anti Virus Do You Like?

Bannerday

I have always had pretty good luck with AVG but it started to give me problems by not recognizing my HP Latex.

I reinstalled and it worked for a couple of days by now its giving me the same problem.

Any suggestions on another program to try?

Locals Find!

have you tried Avira Antivir? I use the free version and works great. I used to use AVG before this and was nothing but problems.

Billct2

I've used quite afew over the years including Norton & Avast along with an assortment of malware programs. Right now I'm using Kaspersky, seems pretty good and cost $50 for 3 seats.

WildWestDesigns

I've used quite afew over the years including Norton & Avast along with an assortment of malware programs. Right now I'm using Kaspersky, seems pretty good and cost $50 for 3 seats.

I use that with Malwarebytes and both seem to play well together. Haven't had a lick of problems on my computers. Although thanks for bringing up the topic, I need to renew my subscription.

Wiggum PI

As much as I hate microsoft, Microsoft Security Essentials has worked well for me for the last year or so...

AzGene

Norton with Superantispyware and Malwarebytes to clean up the crap Norton won't. You pay for Norton but not the others. Had an infection about a month ago and the freebies cleaned up what Norton couldn't.

Fatboy

I have always had pretty good luck with AVG but it started to give me problems by not recognizing my HP Latex.

I reinstalled and it worked for a couple of days by now its giving me the same problem.

Any suggestions on another program to try?

Maybe this will help.I had some problems with my AVG.My computer tech told me to download the AVG uninstaller.The normal uninstall wont work.If you want I can send you the link for the download.pm me

+2 for Microsoft Security Essentials

It was on my computer I bought for Signburst when I got it and it worked great so when my AVG subscriptions ran out on my other computers I have switched them all to it and have had zero problems.

Craig Sjoquist

Avast.. in fact not updated the free version over a year still working great.

For a pay version Kaspersky or Avast sure there is a few others.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yet another + for MSE. Completley free, integrates seamlessly with Windows (obviously MS had a bit of an advantage in this respect).

Norton is the laughing stock of the maleware world.
lol - so true - Norton has been a laughing stock for many years now for being a buggy resource hog that is as diffucult to completly remove from a system as some of the worst worms/viruses/trojans out there. No idea if it's true but I have heard they now have a slimmed down version that is much improved but I'm still not going to use it personally when MSE is free and works just fine.

njshorts

www.vipreantivirus.com - uses less cpu/memory than it's competitors and has incredible detection rates. It's all I use, and the only thing I install for my clients. MSE's detection rates arent bad, but it's not as quick... and I don't trust the people who left the security holes to protect me from those who exploit them. You get what you pay for.

AUTO-FX

I had a real problem with antivirus binding up my computer. I ditched a paid AVG awhile back and tried MSE, but ended up with the same results, so I've been running with nothing but a firewall.
I just took Adtech's suggestion, and so far so good - there is no sluggish behavior. However - does this mean there's not much going on in the protection department? It's easy to say a product is great if you hardly have any exposure to malware ( which has been my MO )
I will pay for a good product when I upgrade my computer here very shortly, but I want to know in advance that it isnt going to be running so strong in the background that it's hogging resources!

RobbyMac

I'm glad you mentioned this, because we had similar problems with our hp latex & onyx after the last AVG update a couple weeks back. Tried swapping cables, rebooting the printer, etc with intermittent problems. Finally uninstalled AVG as a last resort and haven't had problems since.
The machine is strictly rip (No user, emails, etc) and the guys have been told to keep web surfing on that machine limited to strictly getting profiles or hps website for the moment.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We actually do this too. Our RIP computer is a dedicated machine. It only runs Flexi's Production Manager and has no other software installed, all non-essential Windows stuff is also totally disabled like Windows Firewall, Defender, sound support, themes, eye candy, screen savers, power saving, etc. That machine is configured strictly for perfomance. We use a true business class hardware firewall for our network (Juniper Netscreen) so actually Windows firewall is disabled on all computers....

I'm glad you mentioned this, because we had similar problems with our hp latex & onyx after the last AVG update a couple weeks back. Tried swapping cables, rebooting the printer, etc with intermittent problems. Finally uninstalled AVG as a last resort and haven't had problems since.
The machine is strictly rip (No user, emails, etc) and the guys have been told to keep web surfing on that machine limited to strictly getting profiles or hps website for the moment.

Dave Rowland

NOD32, very low footprint in memory

Also, files if this computer doesn't have any need for web browsing or receives files directly, then no point for virus checker.