• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are your pet peeves

Gino

Premium Subscriber
People who fug with my time and money..... in any way, shape or form.

Actually, that's not a peeve.... I go after those bastards...........
:pops_blinking:

:guido:
:blueboy:

Me and the gang :noway:

MichaelL

Professionally:
Clients who take 10 days to approve a project and then say can we get it tomorrow.
People who use Powerpoint to design a large format graphic.
Co-workers who don't clean up after themselves

Personally:
People who spell a lot as one word. As in I see that alot.
Not receiving any kind of thank you after handing someone (in a store, restaurant etc.) money.
People who don't use directionals when changing lanes on the highway (freeway for you west coasters :wink:)

Malkin

We keep regular business hours in an easy to find retail space, in the middle of town.
We are not doctors, firefighters, or law enforcement.
We are professionals, but are not plumbers, HVAC technicians, or tow truck drivers.
Therefore, at 5pm, we go home. Family and down time is cherished, and keeps us sane.
Do not expect us to stay late, or work weekends to compensate for your lack of planning.

We also do not have company issued cell phones. Do not expect to be given our personal cell numbers. Also related: we do not do business by text message. Email is far superior.

Roto

Don't.... TOUCH MY FREAKIN MONITOR WITH YOUR FREAKIN FINGER!

ahhh. I feel better now. LOL

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Years ago I got so pissed with a customer who kept doing this after I had repeatedly asked him not to that I finaly grabbed his tie and used the end of it to wipe his finger marks off the screen! Needless to say he stopped doing it.

signmeup

Nephew art.

Sign makers being allowed to design logos, business cards, and stationary.

People who complain about overpopulation and then want to earthquake-proof schools.

The incredible waste of materials that is doing vinyl.
Geniuses who can't spell "stationery".

Speedsterbeast

Oh yeah 1 more.

Those little "here's my stick family" on the back of minivans.
Who's doing those? And will you PLEASE stop?

Now that the rants are over, maybe we can all have a productive Friday...

Nah.

GypsyGraphics

Years ago I got so pissed with a customer who kept doing this after I had repeatedly asked him not to that I finaly grabbed his tie and used the end of it to wipe his finger marks off the screen! Needless to say he stopped doing it.

LOVE IT... i'm soooo gonna do that! :thumb: :clapping: :Big Laugh
hmmm... not many of my clients wear ties. i need an equally affective back up plan.

Pat Whatley

People who can't figure out whether to use "bring or take" when speaking. I will scream at the television and turn it off and I'll walk out of a restaurant it the waitron says something like "Yeah, I was late this morning because I had to bring my kid to the doctor." Dammit people, it's THIRD GRADE ENGLISH. THIRD GRADE. You bring things here, you take them there. Learn it, live it, love it.

People who walk in my shop eating.

People who are told they'll be called as soon as their sign in ready but who stop by every 30 minutes because "they're in the area".

Design critiques where everyone plays nice and sugar coats responses instead of saying "that's the biggest piece of crap I've seen all week." To go with that add people who get the response "that's the biggest piece of crap I've seen all week" and get defensive and reply with "well the customer loved it and paid me $1,000,000 for it"

Web forum anonymity when someone asks for a supplier close to them but won't tell anyone where they actually are because they're worried about who will find out. Come on people, you're really not that important. Get over yourself.

John Butto

my pets pee

I hope this does not add to "another of my pet peeves is someone making fun and changing the subject". Some of you people need to lighten up.

GVP

Morons who let their dogs ride unrestrained in the back of their pickup. As an SPCA volunteer who has seen the effect on a dog who has bounced out of the truck and hit the road, I'm staggered at the stupidity...

visual800

damn! so many!

1.Once you commit to doing a job the customer rides your ass to get it done
2.Dealing with f-&%#*$ architects, contractors on large jobs, they all suck
3.Sign company newbies that squish, stretch and basically rape fonts on a sign
4.People that put freaking duranodic bronze letters on dark brick when you tell them NO!
5.Customers that do not take your advice and go with another company and do what they want anyway and it looks like hell and you cant read it
6. Dealing with Ad agencies, they do great ads but they know nothing of signs
7. When aproduct fails and the company acts liek your the only one it has happened to...google disagrees! lol

signmeup

Having to hold down the shift key in Illustrator while re-sizing fonts/objects/bitmaps so they don't distort. :wink:

Jillbeans

In the sign world:
• Signmakers who break all design rules, thinking they are better than that.
• All-Caps in a display alphabet
• Two scripts in the same layout
• unnatural colored drop shadows, say yellow on a blue background
• the same colors in a prismatic font, think of the light source for crying out loud!
• Not even checking kerning, much less spelling, before hitting "print"
• Not knowing what to charge and guesstimating rather than researching
• Wraps that focus on special effects rather than the message
• Logo clients who can't make up their mind and keep wanting more
• too many italics
• using distortion with wild abandon (usually in a prismatic font or script)
• People who email wanting a "sing" quote but who give NO details
• Customers in a huge hurry for their project, who upon being notified of its completion, wait two weeks to pick it up.

In the forum world:
• using "suppose" when they mean to say "supposed"
• txt speak
• excessive copying/quoting such as in every reply
• ditto on the "your" vs. "you're"

In the real world:
• People who litter
• People who hover nearby when I'm trying to shop, don't rush me!
• The ladies working at Fashion Bug who hound you when you enter the store but are nowhere to be found when you need to get into the fitting room
• People who leave their shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot
• When someone pulls out in front of you then stops to make a left turn a few seconds afterward, or turns off again.

(since my new job @ the deli)
• People who want a ½ pound of 5 different salads right at lunchtime
• People who literally order two slices of smoked turkey and two slices of swiss cheese
• lady golfers in general
• People who get p!ssed when they come in at 3:45 and lunch is only served till 3PM