• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What browser?

Dan360

Chrome at work, I prefer Opera at home, been using it since the early 2000s and it has a free VPN service built in. I haven't played around with the VPN though yet so I'm not sure how good it is.

WildWestDesigns

Chromium is a base of both Opera and Chrome and soon to be Edge (IE is dead).

I'm more of a Firefox user, but I will use Chrome on the phone.

billsines

I am getting tired of the ads based on search history, even across safari at home on a Mac and Chrome at work on a PC. I have had people who use Chrome tell me that they have had ads pop up based on things they said in the presence of their phone. Has anyone had this experience?

Dan360

I am getting tired of the ads based on search history, even across safari at home on a Mac and Chrome at work on a PC. I have had people who use Chrome tell me that they have had ads pop up based on things they said in the presence of their phone. Has anyone had this experience?

I forget who did a study on this but they found that you'll even get ads for things other people near you have said through their phones and location settings. They scan your Gmail to better target ads to you. It's been going on for a while. They basically make a profile of you based on whatever data they can collect.

I personally don't mind it, I would rather see ads for things I might actually want instead of nonsense I'll never buy.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

This happened to my wife last week and it freaked her out. She did NOT search the thing or do anything other then talk about it verbally. She was talking about prepared meal delivery services and later that night, every ad was about that very service.

2B

ikarasu

Chrome... For now. With their upcoming changes that block 3rd party ad blockers like ublock, I'll be ditching it as soon as they do.

Then I'll switch to chromium. I also have Firefox for websites that chrome doesn't work too well in... I prefer chrome because of how integrated and seamless it is across all devices though.