• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you collect

Farmboy

Although I haven't added to or looked at them in years, Comic books. Sold about a half a dozen back 12 years ago to buy my first press and dryer. Also used to dig bottles. Have only ever bought a handful of nice one's, hard to buy them when you can dig them for free. :)

Speedsterbeast

Hopefully I don't come off as too judemental, but I've always viewed collecting things as a very negative endeavour. If you think about the entire process from it's early stages to when it stops, it seems like a waste of time and energy. To me anyway.
If I don't use it, I don't want it. The joy of non-ownership, as someone else put it.
The less I own the better I feel.
I only collect experiences... But those guitars do look pretty sweet!

Moze

Precision Sign Services
My wife and I travel a lot and I used to travel a ton when I did sign surveys. Trying different beer is a bit of a hobby for me. I have over 500 different beer bottles. The worst one I've ever had was Cave Creek Chili beer. The bottle comes with a chili pepper in it and tastes like what you'd imagine: beer infused with pepper "juice". It's the only beer I've ever poured out.

The picture shows a few. They're all boxed up and in the attic now due to lack of space.

Attachments

• Beer1.jpg
    Beer1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 59

royster13

I collect "boreal mugs".....This are like miniature beer mugs and are Made in France....I have over 800....I spend way too much time on Ebay looking for new finds.....

Attachments

• boreal mugs.jpg
    boreal mugs.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 65

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That doesn't sound too judgmental. It's what you think, believe and live your life.

I don't think it can be considered negative. I mean, think about trash men or recycling companies.... they collect all kinds of stuff and then turn it in for money. Your loss, their gain.

My father-in-law collected coins and stamps. He worked at the post office since WWII. Did he come across all kinds of rare stamps and coins ?? My wife cashed them in a few years ago.... and she made quite a stunning amount of loot. It wasn't negative, but it was heavy.

She had one dime, worth I don't remember how many hundreds of dollars. She had a few bills, each being worth $1,000's. We could've bought two new luxury cars..... cash and still have money left over.

Nope, collecting might not be for everybody, but it's definitely not negative, unless you're collecting buttons or paper clips.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I don't collect anymore but did collect beers cans from all over the US and Over Seas back in the 80's. Have a few hundred, some very unique cans and cone tops too. Been in storage for about 25 years... damn, now I feel like I need to dig them out...:cool:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I don't collect anymore but did collect beers cans from all over the US and Over Seas. Have a few hundred, some very unique cans and cone tops too. Been in storage for about 25 years... damn, now I feel like I need to dig them out...:cool:

...or send them to me. I'd give them a good home.

:)

704signs

The worst one I've ever had was Cave Creek Chili beer. The bottle comes with a chili pepper in it and tastes like what you'd imagine: beer infused with pepper "juice". It's the only beer I've ever poured out

LOL... MOZE That Chili Beer is my all time favorite beer ... It has many positives such as you cant drink more than six, its a great cleanser for your system, You never have to worry about anyone stealing/Bumming a beer from you and You get a little meal at the end of each beer.

I have filled suitcases full of that stuff while doing installs out west and flew it back home because we cant get it here.

Attachments

• cavecreekchilibeer.jpg
    cavecreekchilibeer.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 62

rdm01

Well, I guess I should be more clear. I had a collection of guns. I then had them all in my boat on Lake Billy Chinook when it flipped and tragically, I lost them all in the lake. I am thinking of taking scuba classes.:Oops:
Funny, I have a family friend that used to dive in Lake Billy Chinook. He found all kinds of old outboards, and things like that. I don't know that he ever pulled anything up. I don't believe he has your guns. :thumb:

fmg

Thought you might like to see this.I kept it from the 80's. Used to ride in the 70's.

Attachments

• 525804_10151201838749917_1451598856_n.jpg
    525804_10151201838749917_1451598856_n.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 81

John L

Still tossing the maple around at 48 here. Sims Lonnie Toft 10.0 and my original Alva (not reissue) are my favorites. Both flat except for the kick tail, both still sporting the blue Kryptonites.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
With my current financial state the only things I can afford to collect are Youtube Cat Videos.....

wayne k
guam usa