• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you remember...................

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Recently, Fred…. our leader and commander-in-chief, here at s101 had a thread about not being able to get a particular item anymore and was looking for help in locating it.

I’m taking it a step further and whether or not you’ve experienced the item you mention… I’d like to see what shows up as far as things young and old alike can’t find anymore or is no longer in circulation.

I’ll start with some things I used to have as a kid and beyond.

viewmaster.jpg
woolworths food prices.jpg check out those prices...........
transitor radio.jpg

This will probably show peoples’ ages………… :Oops:

Shovelhead

:cool1:

Attachments

• guangs-top.jpg
    guangs-top.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 106
  • reggie-793677.jpg
    reggie-793677.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 90
  • img-thing.jpg
    img-thing.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 91
  • dimmer2.jpg
    dimmer2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 103

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
25 cent gas

20 cent cigarettes

A good 5 cent cigar

Nucoa margarine that came as a big white lump and you had to mix in the little capsule of coloring. The great white fathers at the FDA, forced by the dairy lobby, had decreed that margarine could not be yellow. Only butter could be yellow.

Milkshakes and malts with a actual lump of ice cream in them.

Poodle skirts.

White bucks and blue suede shoes.

Trousers with a little useless belt in the back.

Flatheads.

Polio and iron lungs.

Lollipops that could hurt you.

12" round tube black and white televisions displaying an indian [feather not dot] test pattern.

Endless radio dramas.

Big John and Sparky.

The cardboard separators in Nabisco shredded wheat boxes printed will all manner of outdoor survival lore.

Dick Tracy's crime stoppers textbook.

Big Bang cannons.

Tires with inner tubes.

...among other things...

surf city

Ah the old viewmaster man I had a gazillion disks and woolworths food counter, very good memories of that stuff. Howard johnson's used to have a flat bottom hot dog bun and Stewarts rootbeer actually made the burger unstead of the frozen crap they sell today. Oh and GI Joe was like 16" tall and he had a ton of stuff you could get for him. Man, they just don't make stuff the way they used to.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Big Boy restaurants were the place to go...

Everyone had a viewmaster and the rage for us girls was the brand-new-just-introduced talking Barbie. Big Wheels and Sit-n-Spins for my younger siblings and lawn darts for the family...

Leisure suits were the shiznit

and I wouldn't be caught dead without my platform maryjanes on...

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
neighbor's kid just came down with one of these the other day...i haven't seen these in years...and loved 'em as a kid.....

and YES, i did ask if i could play with it....he obliged, but only cause i think he's afraid of me...

Attachments

• scooter.jpg
    scooter.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 78

Tim Aucoin

These bring back some memories... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 109333044_f3109d5fe3_m.jpg
    109333044_f3109d5fe3_m.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 80526189.jpg
    80526189.jpg