• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you think of my new logo?

B Snyder

You said, "others may have a very different opinion..." I have an opinion and it is very different than signgal's opinion of your work.
What I brought to the table was a link to Dan's site where one can see a portfolio of logo designs that I consider to be "professional looking."

acothran

If I'm a customer looking for a sign or graphic of some kind, I would not want to hire you based on your logo. The font is hard to read, the clock doesn't look original at all (looks like it came from an old clip art collection), and the green with black outline isn't inviting at all. I would rather see something simple than a poorly executed gimmick.

Compare your logo to ones found on LogoPond. There are some really nice logos there, some strange ones, and some you probably won't like at all. It is meant to provide "identity inspiration" and I think it serves that purpose well. If nothing else, it will give you something to compare to and might get the ball rolling in a better direction.

Allen

Fitch

I hear ya.

Just would have liked to see something that YOU designed rather than pointing in direction of others. I guess in order to judge a singer's ability, you have to have some form of history / ability or professional standing to make a crtique, that's all.

I was genuinely after a rendition / variation of yours to help the guy out.

As I say... curiosity - nothing more.

thesignguy1986

New updated look?

Ok after hearing a lot of things and admitting there are many more nicer logos out there I drew this up. Now if you will please remember I want a SIMPLE LOGO and nothing too fancy. Please let me know of the update.

Thanks a ton guys

Scott

My company name is SameDay Signs as well but the reason I have the signguy in everything is because its what everyone calls me and its what my license plates are as well.

Attachments

• sameday signs logo bw2.jpg
    sameday signs logo bw2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 127

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Bilious color, bad design, and hideous typography.

That thing is one of the worst pieces of dreck seen in quite some time. It looks like one of those pathetic slides they used to show at intermission in movie theaters, the ones with the dancing popcorn and the singing hot dogs. This thing could be the anthropomorphic clock telling you it's time to climb back into your seat.

thesignguy1986

I appreciate everyones opinion but I'm done with the post I have all the comments needed and I do appreciate everyones opinions. I just want to make sure everyone is clear I'm a sign maker not a graphic designer. I did look at DA's logo designs and they were super nice and he does such a great job. Though I am not looking to get into something for my logo like that. I like a super simple well as you may say PLAIN LOGO. I was just trying to get opinions and I did and I thank you all for that. I will defintally keep everyones ideas in mind though for future items.

Thanks everyone

Scott
The SignGuy

Fitch

Some people have really offered some good advice here. The second one I won't comment on artistically, but to be honest - my first thought was "this is a joke".

You mentioned in the early post "I learned the trade when I was 14".

The "trade" has many aspects to it. Design is part of that. A logo is just a design. Some can design naturally, some (like me) have to really work at it.

You do however seem to have "put this away" and really - learnt nothing.

I hope you come back to this and soon.

iSign

I just want to make sure everyone is clear I'm a sign maker not a graphic designer.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hey, just so everyone knows who their dealing with... from Nov. '08:

I love the fact there is open forums and such on this site but some people just get a little lippy with comments they post...I come here asking a simple question I'd like to let you know I've been doing this for 7 years and I can price out signs perfect and I have an invoice maker and estimate maker already I would just like to update...I can afford a $700 program I though choose not to for the simple fact I think it's over priced. It amazes me that for example flexi is a $8000 product and in 6 months or less a $4000 product and honestly you can get them on the web for about $2000. I think it just goes to show that theres no reason to be paying an Unneccasary $800 for a program that should run no more then a few hundred...My point being though is I can more then afford it or else I probably wouldnt be in business...I live in a town of about 2500 and yet I do close to $1000 a day...granted thats less then some but more then some as well...I may only make $500 profit a day because well I get a bargain on everything I buy ( which makes me a good shopper not a cheap ass) it's just pretty simple as I don't choose to spend money stupidly and $800 is stupid to me even if its not to you...that is why if you read my post you would see I'm simply looking for a USED program that way i can meet me getting a good product and a good deal in the middle...thanks...

Jillbeans

Well, even though you are done with this post here is my opinion.
While I like the little clock picture, the font is really awful.
I would put the clock guy to the left and make the name on the right in a nice legible font.
Even something like Impact would look good.
Make it as if the clock guy is gesturing to the name.
The "the" floating up top is weird too.
If you made your green more yellowish it may pop more.
Love....Jill

CES020

I know he's left the thread, but the theme was common, as seen by the Minuteman Press franchise logo :

Attachments

• minuteman.jpg
    minuteman.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 111

jdb

Bob, You got me spittin' mountain dew all over the place. HaHa

Bilious color, bad design, and hideous typography.

That thing is one of the worst pieces of dreck seen in quite some time. It looks like one of those pathetic slides they used to show at intermission in movie theaters, the ones with the dancing popcorn and the singing hot dogs. This thing could be the anthropomorphic clock telling you it's time to climb back into your seat.

Billct2

Yep, common theme, and one Minuteman Press has replaced, though they still use the clock guy too. I don't like the MP clock guy logo either. It looks more like an ad for a handyman service. One big difference is the amonut of money that a sign shop can spend on branding vs what a national franchise spends. The effectiveness of a logo is almost more importanat to a small business than a large one.
And of course the threads that ask for feedback but are really seeking affirmation are tiresome.

artsnletters

I appreciate everyones opinion but I'm done with the post I have all the comments needed and I do appreciate everyones opinions. I just want to make sure everyone is clear I'm a sign maker not a graphic designer. I did look at DA's logo designs and they were super nice and he does such a great job. Though I am not looking to get into something for my logo like that. I like a super simple well as you may say PLAIN LOGO. I was just trying to get opinions and I did and I thank you all for that. I will defintally keep everyones ideas in mind though for future items.

Thanks everyone

Scott
The SignGuy
Sometimes a "logo" isn't a logo at all, just a assemblage of fonts or lettering to make a business name. Maybe your next purchase should be a book on basic sign layout and design like Mastering Layout: On the Art of Eye Appeal, and some lotion to help build thick skin. Perhaps changing your name to "Mr Guy who has a plotter and some software in a back bedroom"....but i guess that wont fit on a license plate will it.

A "super simple logo" doesn't mean a mish-mosh of cheezy clip art and horrid fonts. Really, buy the book, THEN figure out how to design a logo. You and your customers will be all the better because of it. Sorry for being harsh (not really)....:banghead:
Tim

B Snyder

I hear ya.

Just would have liked to see something that YOU designed rather than pointing in direction of others. I guess in order to judge a singer's ability, you have to have some form of history / ability or professional standing to make a crtique, that's all.

No, sorry. There are no prerequisites to be a critic of anything.

Fitch

Oh Tim you are harsh... BUT I LIKE YOU.

In all seriousness, Mike Stevens book should be the "Bible" than EVERYONE in the sign game should purchase BEFORE a plotter, software etc. Along with Dan A's.

I can put my hands on probably 80 Signcraft magazines, and a dozen reference books, and whilst I have read every one of them, it is only scratching the surface of what's available.

Me shakes me head as to why some people do not see the advantage in resulting good design and the $$$ good design creates. Many say they are in the business for the $$$ only. That's cool, but these tools can make you even more $$$$.

Me dont's get it.