• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you think of my new logo?

Flame

I appreciate everyones opinion but I'm done with the post I have all the comments needed and I do appreciate everyones opinions. I just want to make sure everyone is clear I'm a sign maker not a graphic designer. I did look at DA's logo designs and they were super nice and he does such a great job. Though I am not looking to get into something for my logo like that. I like a super simple well as you may say PLAIN LOGO. I was just trying to get opinions and I did and I thank you all for that. I will defintally keep everyones ideas in mind though for future items.

Thanks everyone

Scott
The SignGuy

A sign maker NEEDS to be a designer. Dude, seriously, is this a prank or are you serious. 9 years, and you got that?

With that 'tude I'm gonna chew ya out for a sec. COME ON! That logo sucks, and 9 years in and you don't want to learn design? WTH you doing in this trade then?

I'm your age, been doing this for 7 years. I'm no saint, no master artist, no master signpainter... but man it'd be nice to be able to crank out nice work and charge for it, ya know?

If we're being frank, I wouldn't let that out the door of my shop. Period. So don't come on here and tell us you think it's fine when I've seen better nephew art.

Fitch

"I'm no saint, no master artist, no master signpainter... but man it'd be nice to be able to crank out nice work and charge for it, ya know?"

At least you are honest about your capabilities, and understand what good design and the desire to learn it equates to... $$$$ - which keeps the doors open for another day...and another... and another..................

Good post.

Jillbeans

Here's a really quick and dirty mock up of my suggestion.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 117

saktrnch

Just wondering on the impact of little things in logos and signs. I noticed that all of the clocks that everyone has posted have different times. So far, Jill's 9:00 makes me think that I can get it done today.

Jillbeans

That was just an accident, but you raise a really good point.
Maybe the clock should be set at about 4PM.
(I have always had a terrible problem with telling time on a "real" clock)

TheSellOut

I appreciate everyones opinion but I'm done with the post I have all the comments needed and I do appreciate everyones opinions.

Do you really think that you "have all the comments you needed" or are you just disatisfied with that fact that most ppl don't like the logo you've posted? I feel that you are cutting yourself short and are going to missing out on a lot of really great advise with that comment! In this forum you have to take the bad with the good!

saktrnch

I don't know about that Jill, the original post is at 4:00 and I thought that I should probably wait until tomorrow, no sense rushing over now. Maybe it's just my twisted mind.

mollygrubber

Off the point a little, but regarding the time on the clock. I worked at a store that had a lot of clocks on display and they made us set them all to 10:00 because it appeared to be a smile. Before that it was always 5:00. Check out clocks in stores.

Maybe you could make it appear to have movement.

I like yours Jillbeans.

I never thought about layout and flow until I bought "Mastering Layout" at Half Price Books for $9.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Molly- clocks and watches are typically set to 10:10

More like 4:40. The traditional explanation for this is that it shows the hands, has a pleasing symmetry, and puts them out of the way of any name or other text that usually is placed between 12 and the center. There are other apocryphal explanations having to do with the the time some notable or another died. Exposing the maker's name would seem to be the more reasonable explanation.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey, where's the logo we're supposed to be critiquing ??

No offense, but being in the sign business for any amount of time doesn't equal out to you are good or not at anything. I know doctors that can't do squat, yet they have clients that are loyal to them.

I understand you want to convey your turnaround is within 24 hours, but the clock doesn't suggest that in the least. So, let's eliminate the clock. What's left ?? Nothing.

So, why is this thread continuing ?? I guess just to lay into the OP and discourage him from trying or getting any better.

B Snyder

More like 4:40. The traditional explanation for this is that it shows the hands, has a pleasing symmetry, and puts them out of the way of any name or other text that usually is placed between 12 and the center. There are other apocryphal explanations having to do with the the time some notable or another died. Exposing the maker's name would seem to be the more reasonable explanation.

No Bob. 10:10. Go to any watch website and have a look. From Armitron to Zenith you'll find watches set at anywhere from 10:08 to 10:12.

TheSnowman

Though I am not looking to get into something for my logo like that. I like a super simple well as you may say PLAIN LOGO.
I think that a person that is trying to handle some form of advertising for other company's needs to probably have a better logo than any other company. Our company has been around 30 years, and I consider myself "just a "sign maker" too", but when I have a project that is out of my league, I sub it out, and have someone like John Deaton, Jessica Holbrook, or Phillip Newell do the job for me so it's professional.

Also, normally when people choose horrible fonts, it's because they are just un-educated as to what is really out there. Signfonts.com has a great package with several fonts in it, that I basically use on every layout. I struggled for a long time not being happy with fonts, and now I bought those, and I can get a visual of what I want WAY quicker than before.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What the heck.... we're in a digital age... get with the times.............. :ROFLMAO:

watches.gif ahhh........... guess you're all correct !!

B Snyder

Yup. If you go to any manufacturer's site you'll find 99%+ at 10:10ish
When a watch is professionally presented for photography or display the hands will always be at 10:10 unless they interfere with viewing the chronograph subdials or some other watch complication.

UFB Fabrication

From my time in the Biz "Signs on time" is a oxymoron . Maybe one would use a calender with a bunch of things crossed out or maybe a nice sundial. How bout Qwik and crappy or Pretty good in a reasonable time frame or My stuff is so good dont call me I'll call you when its done and my favorite You ordered you furniture 8 weeks ago why are we even having this conversation.

mollygrubber

Molly- clocks and watches are typically set to 10:10

I stand corrected it was 10:10

The sign guy said in his post he was pretty happy, I guess he's gone.
I have enjoyed seeing everyones work, since I stink at it. I print most of them off, just for inspiration.

signgal

I stand corrected it was 10:10

The sign guy said in his post he was pretty happy, I guess he's gone.
I have enjoyed seeing everyones work, since I stink at it. I print most of them off, just for inspiration.

I'm with you Molly. Everyone refers you to the sign Bible and I've read it and was happy to know my natural eye tends to work within it's guidelines but nothing compares to the education and inspiration this site and it's members deliver constantly. So, I don't care if the OP got anything out of it. Many others have :)