• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What does this pay?

Dubs Chops

OK guys I would love to learn to do wraps and get into that side of the business but in short I just dont have that kind of money to invest. So assuming I Was properly trained on designing and installing wraps at another sign shop What would pay be? Ballpark is fine.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:help:If I'm understanding your question.... you want to know what you'll get paid for not having these talents yet ??
Nothing.​
Regardless of being trained in design and actual hands on training.... you're only worth what you can produce. I know lotsa people that have gone to these so-called 'Wrap Classes' and don't know squat coming out. Having a certificate doesn't cut it.

If you were skilled at both.... you'd probably be operating your own shop and won't want to work for someone else anyway.

Dubs Chops

Say i understudied at a sign shop became efficient at both. but couldnt afford to start my own yet! Is that clear enough?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Could we speak in reality here and not 'What if's ??'

You're gonna get numbers all over the place because there is NO basis to anything you have to offer.

Chad.

I think he is trying to get at ...

IF he were a trained, certified installer, what salary could he expect, or request from a sign shop...

In other words, what is the going hourly or yearly wage for a trained wrap installer.

Personally i think it depends on your demographic, and the size of the company you work for...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay.... I'll bite.

$11.00 an hour to start and I don't have to hold your hand.

seattle

I would pay you $85.00 per hour with full benefits, 1 month paid vacation pay per year, and a executive bathroom key.

Oh yea, I'll set you up with my sister too. ;)

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Thanks chad. I have no use for people with no respect. Your answer was straight forward and not demeaning. Thank you!

chad asked your question for you...if you would have worded it like he did, maybe you wouldn't have received the answers you got....if i'd seen the thread, i would have responded the same way as gino

cdiesel

I didn't understand what was being asked either.. thanks for translating!

To answer your question, we pay from $10-$20 depending on productivity. We also have full benefits including health/dental/vision, 3% IRA match, and PTO.

wildside

people pay alot of money to go to a class to learn

the way you had asked i would have said to pay me hourly to train you, since basically you are asking to be taken to school and then start your own and you want a shop to pay you in the mean time, wrong attitude, this work is not about how much can i make, it is more about what kinda cool sh#t do i get to do today!

511graphix

"it is more about what kinda cool sh#t do I get to do today!"

no kiddin wsgraphix

I understood the first post completely. he wanted to know how much the pay was for a trained designer/installer. at a local shop would be. and that he plans on starting his business. when ever he get money saved back to go on his own....

number one rule........ if you go to a sign shop and tell them that you plan on going on your later. well they just will no hire you. ( or if you already have the equipment) so keep your mouth shut on what your plans are. good luck :thumb:

jhines1284

haha go figures 511 understands the original post...I have a hard enough time comprehending his(all in good fun) it really depends on your area

high impact

I'm sorry, but this thread is confusing and cracking me up!!! ;-)

AN HONEST ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION:
$20k to $100k+ per year depending on how proficient you became and where you are located.