Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this pay?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Dubs Chops, May 8, 2008.

1. Dubs Chops

Dubs Chops Member

Jun 26, 2007
    OK guys I would love to learn to do wraps and get into that side of the business but in short I just dont have that kind of money to invest. So assuming I Was properly trained on designing and installing wraps at another sign shop What would pay be? Ballpark is fine.

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    :help:If I'm understanding your question.... you want to know what you'll get paid for not having these talents yet ??
    Nothing.​

Regardless of being trained in design and actual hands on training.... you're only worth what you can produce. I know lotsa people that have gone to these so-called 'Wrap Classes' and don't know squat coming out. Having a certificate doesn't cut it.

If you were skilled at both.... you'd probably be operating your own shop and won't want to work for someone else anyway.

3. Dubs Chops

Dubs Chops Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Say i understudied at a sign shop became efficient at both. but couldnt afford to start my own yet! Is that clear enough?

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Could we speak in reality here and not 'What if's ??'

You're gonna get numbers all over the place because there is NO basis to anything you have to offer.

5. Chad.

Chad. Active Member

Feb 24, 2006
    I think he is trying to get at ...

IF he were a trained, certified installer, what salary could he expect, or request from a sign shop...

In other words, what is the going hourly or yearly wage for a trained wrap installer.

Personally i think it depends on your demographic, and the size of the company you work for...

6. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Okay.... I'll bite.

$11.00 an hour to start and I don't have to hold your hand.

7. Dubs Chops

Dubs Chops Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Thanks chad. Your answer was straight forward and not demeaning. Thank you!

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  8. seattle

seattle Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Seattle
    I would pay you $85.00 per hour with full benefits, 1 month paid vacation pay per year, and a executive bathroom key.

Oh yea, I'll set you up with my sister too. ;)

9. Dubs Chops

Dubs Chops Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Deal! You can keep everything but your sister too!

10. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    chad asked your question for you...if you would have worded it like he did, maybe you wouldn't have received the answers you got....if i'd seen the thread, i would have responded the same way as gino

11. Dubs Chops

Dubs Chops Member

Jun 26, 2007
    What part of this sentance is not clear enough?

12. Chad.

Chad. Active Member

Feb 24, 2006
    In his defense, the composition of your wording was mildly hard to comprehend. I think you knew what you were trying to ask, but had a hard time putting it into words ...

13. WhiskeyDreamer

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    if you would have asked this:
    you would have gotten the answer you wanted the first time around.....

14. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I didn't understand what was being asked either.. thanks for translating!

To answer your question, we pay from $10-$20 depending on productivity. We also have full benefits including health/dental/vision, 3% IRA match, and PTO.

15. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    people pay alot of money to go to a class to learn

the way you had asked i would have said to pay me hourly to train you, since basically you are asking to be taken to school and then start your own and you want a shop to pay you in the mean time, wrong attitude, this work is not about how much can i make, it is more about what kinda cool sh#t do i get to do today!

16. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    clear as mud here too! I thought you were asking what it would cost to train.

17. 511graphix

511graphix Active Member

Nov 12, 2007
    "it is more about what kinda cool sh#t do I get to do today!"

no kiddin wsgraphix

I understood the first post completely. he wanted to know how much the pay was for a trained designer/installer. at a local shop would be. and that he plans on starting his business. when ever he get money saved back to go on his own....

number one rule........ if you go to a sign shop and tell them that you plan on going on your later. well they just will no hire you. ( or if you already have the equipment) so keep your mouth shut on what your plans are. good luck :thumb:

18. jhines1284

jhines1284 Member

Dec 2, 2007
    haha go figures 511 understands the original post...I have a hard enough time comprehending his(all in good fun) it really depends on your area

19. high impact

high impact Very Active Member

I'm sorry, but this thread is confusing and cracking me up!!! ;-)

AN HONEST ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION:
    $20k to $100k+ per year depending on how proficient you became and where you are located.

20. WhiskeyDreamer

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    nice range high impact