• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What made you smile today

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Well, happy birthday to y'all and happy safe returns for many.

Having a great **** today did it for me. That always makes me grimace.....,then smile in relief.

Now there's a happy picture in your head, huh ?? Bet that made everyone smile reading it..............

I know it put a smile on my face writing about it. :D
Congrats on your great ****! Made me smile.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Stacey K

I like making signs
Talked to my parents last night (19th) who are in Florida and my Dad and his bestie won a ping pong tournament, we all got a good laugh out of that! And it's 7:02 am so I'm headed upstairs to wake up my 15 year old and THAT makes me smile everyday!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY! MANY MORE!

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Happy birthday to all the old farts here.
I woke up this morning and saw that I was still breathing so that was a plus.
Had a dead battery on one of our cars and while I was charging it our live in stray cat tried to help out. I am not a cat person but she always makes me smile.
At least the cat really didn't try to help and bridge the wires & waste a couple of its nine lives....Queue scene from Christmas Vacation here.

FatCat

Happy birthday Behrmon!

In all honesty, I've been feeling the weight of the world lately - not just the COVID thing. But I'm trying to look on the bright side...

We started moving into our new shop middle of December, as with any move, lots of stress, lots of unknowns, lots of things we overcame and fixed - all it takes is time and money, right? Worked evenings, weekends, ran around getting parts and things to make other things work. Paid all my guys for 2 weeks of basically "moving" vs "working" - but, I knew it would be that way. Took delivery of our new Vanguard VKM-600, and tech was out last week to install and train only to find out my electrician screwed up and didn't have the power/voltage set within tolerance. (Word to the wise, when a piece of machinery calls for a set voltage and you trust your electrician to understand how important that is - DON'T) Seems he had it in his head there was a 5% tolerance and in his mind, all was good - well it wasn't. We had to order buck/boosters for both lines, and of course, nobody had them in stock so it was going to take 4 days to get them in. So long story short, tech was pulled off our job and won't be back to do final assembly and training till Feb 1st. Meanwhile, making our first payment on the machine this week and haven't made a dime from it yet. Not anyone's fault, just is what it is... really was hoping to have this thing running by now. I could go on, but again, I'm trying to look on the bright side... *SIGH*...

However, shop is coming along, finally getting things organized and back up and running, I can see light at the end of the tunnel... but MAN THIS TUNNEL SEEMS TO GO ON FOREVER!!!! LOL.

jochwat

Graphics Department
Bought a used Arcade1Up Pac Man machine from a guy at work, and brought it home to our 10 year old nephew who lives with us most of the week. Snuck it up to his room while he was watching TV and then summoned him upstairs. Of course, his excitement and the literal hours of playtime that followed made me smile... especially since I had a window vinyl side job to do in a neighboring town and didn't have to hear the constant wokka-wokka-wokka ba-BLEEP! :)

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
20210121_004008.jpg
At least the cat really didn't try to help and bridge the wires & waste a couple of its nine lives....Queue scene from Christmas Vacation here.
Cat kept sniffing around the battery but the dog insisted the problem was with the alternator not charging correctly.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bly

Stacey K

I like making signs
Happy birthday Behrmon!

In all honesty, I've been feeling the weight of the world lately - not just the COVID thing. But I'm trying to look on the bright side...

We started moving into our new shop middle of December, as with any move, lots of stress, lots of unknowns, lots of things we overcame and fixed - all it takes is time and money, right? Worked evenings, weekends, ran around getting parts and things to make other things work. Paid all my guys for 2 weeks of basically "moving" vs "working" - but, I knew it would be that way. Took delivery of our new Vanguard VKM-600, and tech was out last week to install and train only to find out my electrician screwed up and didn't have the power/voltage set within tolerance. (Word to the wise, when a piece of machinery calls for a set voltage and you trust your electrician to understand how important that is - DON'T) Seems he had it in his head there was a 5% tolerance and in his mind, all was good - well it wasn't. We had to order buck/boosters for both lines, and of course, nobody had them in stock so it was going to take 4 days to get them in. So long story short, tech was pulled off our job and won't be back to do final assembly and training till Feb 1st. Meanwhile, making our first payment on the machine this week and haven't made a dime from it yet. Not anyone's fault, just is what it is... really was hoping to have this thing running by now. I could go on, but again, I'm trying to look on the bright side... *SIGH*...

However, shop is coming along, finally getting things organized and back up and running, I can see light at the end of the tunnel... but MAN THIS TUNNEL SEEMS TO GO ON FOREVER!!!! LOL.
iu

Val47

I came home from work, which turned into a reasonably busy day! Thankful for that and my employees were not scratching their butts.
LOL, you wouldn't find me scratching my butt when I have nothing to do, but you might find me spending too much time on an online forum for sign making professionals. Participating in threads that have nothing to do with, work.

Val47

I know, I missed the "today" calendar part of this, but yesterday when I first read this - was not a great day. I'll spare you the unhappy parts.
Today... was a good day. Lot's of production happened, this "production manager" can feel proud with the production that happened today.

Jan 17th is my husbands birthday - cheers to you Mid-January Capricorns, and happy birthday to you all!

Monday, January 18th was my 5-year work anniversary! I'm happy and love my job... Happy to get up and go to work everyday. I worked for my previous employer for over 20 years.
I'm still a noob at this, but have come a long way. feels like I've done it forever though.
Graphics - 20+
Working in the printing industry... 5 years and going strong :)

I hope I'm still loving it when I'm old, like you loveable old farts!

SignosaurusRex

Waking up in itself was almost worth a smile. Busy work load was well worth a smile. Getting paid on-site after a few jobs today was worth a double-smile. My youngest son celebrating his 32nd birthday today was the real cake-take with icing and Ice Cream as well, especially for the fact that at 21 years of age he was not expected to survive after a very horrendous auto accident.
I have a really good feeling about tomorrow....

ikarasu

Well... I'm taking a day off for the first time since Covid hit, so theres always that! We've been short handed, I was thrown into a new position, and its been hectic. This is the first time in a year I'm ahead of the orders, so I'm taking the opportunity to have a day off... spending the day with the wife, taking the kid out of school at lunch and spending some more time with him.

Of course as I was walking out the door we got an E-mail about 2 jobs worth about $30,000 were being rejected and we may have to eat the costs to redo them... (Huge customer is upset because the o in the font he choose on 100,000 decals looks like a 0... even though it was signed off on before they all got printed). But it's a huge government job, and the customers always "right", so its on us and not them. But that sounds like a Friday problem to me :oops:

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Well... I'm taking a day off for the first time since Covid hit, so theres always that! We've been short handed, I was thrown into a new position, and its been hectic. This is the first time in a year I'm ahead of the orders, so I'm taking the opportunity to have a day off... spending the day with the wife, taking the kid out of school at lunch and spending some more time with him.

Of course as I was walking out the door we got an E-mail about 2 jobs worth about $30,000 were being rejected and we may have to eat the costs to redo them... (Huge customer is upset because the o in the font he choose on 100,000 decals looks like a 0... even though it was signed off on before they all got printed). But it's a huge government job, and the customers always "right", so its on us and not them. But that sounds like a Friday problem to me :oops:

Well Enjoy your day today. Deservedly everyone needs a day like this to spend time with the ones that matter the most. Sorry about the job, but yes...sounds like a friday problem for sure. Dont think about that today though. Give your attention to the family....it'll make the day after a little easier I'm sure.

ThatGuy

Laying in bed watching the wife get dressed. After 31 years this still makes me smile. I definitely married up.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I f@rt all the time in front of the baby and he never has a reaction to it...doesn't matter how bad the smell. Last night I was feeding him and he started falling asleep on the the bottle... I let out a sharp loud one, that changed to a higher pitch at the end and it startled the baby so much he dropped the bottle and stared at me.