• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What name should we use?

Singular or plural?

• Friedsticker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friedstickers

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

denniswa

We are going to start a sticker company and wondering if we should go for the brand name in singular or plural? What is your opinion?

1 friedsticker
2 friedstickers

JBurton

Signtologist
Seeing as how you presumably will sell more than one sticker, I vote plural. If you stick shop/company/designs/bucket at the end, I'd vote plural.
OIG4.78o1aHNkLvnjSo_ZJPiW

Jeez, this ai is getting better. All spelled correct, plus the real world concept, though the loose stickers in the background could use some work...
Sticker McStickerface
Good, but too redundant. Sticky McStickerface gives some variety...

Boudica

I'm here for Educational Purposes
Seeing as how you presumably will sell more than one sticker, I vote plural. If you stick shop/company/designs/bucket at the end, I'd vote plural.
OIG4.78o1aHNkLvnjSo_ZJPiW

Jeez, this ai is getting better. All spelled correct, plus the real world concept, though the loose stickers in the background could use some work...
Wow, it is getting better - that even looks like a normal thumb.

JBurton

Signtologist
There's a whole concept here waiting to be marketed. Ship all your stickers in mini buckets, have a diecut on your bucket of your logo so they can peel and stick the logo, seal it up with a premium foil with a stamped logo, throw in some fry shaped xacto's, and of course a couple of jolly ranchers.
Wow, it is getting better - that even looks like a normal thumb.
Man, I brought it into photoshop with the prompt 'add more thumbs', it disappointed me...
Firefly 20240806110137.png

Boudica

There's a whole concept here waiting to be marketed. Ship all your stickers in mini buckets, have a diecut on your bucket of your logo so they can peel and stick the logo, seal it up with a premium foil with a stamped logo, throw in some fry shaped xacto's, and of course a couple of jolly ranchers.

Man, I brought it into photoshop with the prompt 'add more thumbs', it disappointed me...
View attachment 172950
I can't wait for someone to repost this ....looking for help to identify that font :p

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
friedstickers. If you are selling online I wouldnt do either. I personally want a .com name if possible and neither of those are available...unless you are the one who already owns them.

jharler

Definitely make sure the domain is available before you decide on a name. I recently launched Sticker Invasion and finding a good name was almost as difficult as building the website. You want something easy to remember and spell. Good luck!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Go ahead and use some childish attempt to be clever. Then, should you ever make the Big Time you'll be stuck with it. Like 'Google' and 'Yahoo'.

First off, lose the 'stickers'. Stickers are made and used by mouth breathing semi-literates. Gentle-beings make and use 'decals'. If you want a truly sober name do something like 'Altoona Decals', assuming you reside in Altoona. If you're located elsewhere, use the name of wherever it is you abide. Or, if that's way too staid for you, choose something between that and your latest attempt at cleverness. Whatever it turns out to be, make it something to which normal people would want to send money.

Boudica

All in all, I don't think it really matters - but for the part about available domains. You could use something generic and antiquated as Bob suggests, or something unusual and rare - whether or not it makes sense. If you have a good product, no one really cares what the name is unless it's offensive.

denniswa

friedstickers. If you are selling online I wouldnt do either. I personally want a .com name if possible and neither of those are available...unless you are the one who already owns them.
Thank you all in here for your answers! :) Yes we do own both friedstickers.com and friedsticker.com domain - the site is under construction

denniswa

Definitely make sure the domain is available before you decide on a name. I recently launched Sticker Invasion and finding a good name was almost as difficult as building the website. You want something easy to remember and spell. Good luck!
Haha agree, I was thinking about different brand names for almost 2 weeks full days and all the names I came up with were not available

Last edited:

JBurton

Signtologist
Thank you all in here for your answers! :) Yes we do own both friedstickers.com and friedsticker.com domain - the site is under construction
Assuming it's you and at least a partner having this debate, and since you own both, you could turn this into a competition on marketing either name.
At the very least, redirect traffic from one to the other for the inevitable misremembered website name.