• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Plotter Brand Would You Give Your Highest Recommendation To?

What Brand of Plotter Would You Most Highly Recommend?

• Allen Datagraph

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Gerber

Votes: 28 10.6%
  • Graphtec

Votes: 75 28.4%
  • Lynx

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Mimaki

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Mutoh

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Panther

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Roland

Votes: 54 20.5%
  • Summa

Votes: 53 20.1%
  • Generic Chinese

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 3.4%

• Total voters

511graphix

lol corkinsa I didnt look at the date but I voted for my Panther because its the only cutter I ve own. but I have used 2 diffrent rolands and didnt like nether one of them. but when I go to buy a new one it well probley be a Graphtec but realy I would like to test run some things before I start paying some big money. I dont regret getting my panther ever.its great just some tracking problems but that was from my learning stages.so I need new pinch rollers. and new strip under the blade. the only regret I have is the software. I bought for it I have more problems out of the production manager the cutter.

totalimage

Funny But i would have to say the master..... we bought it cheap and started our business with it .. we have bought 2 printers laminator and a graphtec and all the bells and whistles from all the work this cheap plotter has done...but now owning a graphtec...kinda a little bit quietier here !!!!!!

cOrKinSA

Funny But i would have to say the master..... we bought it cheap and started our business with it .. we have bought 2 printers laminator and a graphtec and all the bells and whistles from all the work this cheap plotter has done...but now owning a graphtec...kinda a little bit quietier here !!!!!!
I here yah! When I had the Master My wife always came in saying "mmmm you got the blender on!... are we making Margaritas?"!

slappy

i like my Ioline.... i'm not familiar with any other, but from my experience with this one, it's going on 11 years old and still cuts great.(*knocks on wood)
When we got it, in 04, it made snags in the vinyl, and Ioline customer service was very nice to me and helped me fix it even though i didn't purchase it through them and the warranty was expired. All i had to do was tighten the pulleys. Other then that, never encounted a problem with it.

rcboats1

We bought a Graphtec, sent it back (details can be discussed privately), got a Summa and it wont leave until another Summa replaces it.

ndemond

Funny this came up today. Talked to my Gerber rep he had a used edge if I was interested. He told me I was about due for a new plotter also. 750 envision.

I said no thanks my 12 year plotter just plugs along. I can tweak it for another 2 or 3 years. Works great.

Pro Image

I started with a Roland PNC-950.....I bought a Graphtec that I still have today....Its a Ce-1000-60....Over 10 years old and still a cutting champ......

But Im really impressed with the Mutoh 1400 I got with my VJ....and I also have a Fastrack 750 by Gerber its just a renamed Mutoh........Now that is a workhorse and very reliable.......

cOrKinSA

Alright guys I decided I am going to get the Summa D160SE.
I was torn between that one or the Newer model (D140-R) but I am getting a good price on the 160.

Techman

I love my anagraph. . Mostly because it has a full width grit roller. Has all the abilities of all other cutters, ,and never fails.. its made of metal and stays accurate.. They are now called Advanced Plotting Devices. If I were to get a new cutter i would look hard an the APD cutter.

I pass on graphtec because of the split grit roller and very thin pinch rollers.

coyote

If I had my druthers, I'd love a sprocket plotter-dead accurate tracking. I like my Graphtec, but it's a pain to line up the material to cut long strings of type or graphics. Maybe I just need to fool with it some more.

I'd like to see some of the full length grit roller plotters....does that solve the tracking problem?

My old Gerber 4B would cut signblast tape all day....or 30 feet of 12" type without any fuss.

sigh...
Carol