• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What watch do you wear on your wrist

mfatty500

handcuffs.jpg

Atomic DNA

I have a two tone Sub (blue face and bezel) that I used to wear daily. Kept beating the **** out of it and hitting it on everything. I now wear nothing on my wrist at the shop and wear the Sub when I go out (which is hardly ever).

Marlene

I think most who see someone with a Rolex figure it's a knock off these days. back in the day, it was great to have a quality item like that to pass along to your son but not so much now. so tell me more of this Nike watch, is it an activity monitor too?

Fanaticus

Here's mine. (not actual, but the same thing)... mine has taken a beating.

Attachments

• bulova.jpg
    bulova.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 69

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have a Skagen Titamium watch, it looks like the attached photo (but it is not a knock-off like the attached photo). I've had it around 4 years and replaced the battery and crystal once, I wear it everywhere (including swimming) and have never had an issue from it.

Attachments

• Mens_Skagen_Mesh_Slim_Titanium_Date_Dress_Watch_170LTTMM1.jpg
    Mens_Skagen_Mesh_Slim_Titanium_Date_Dress_Watch_170LTTMM1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 76

phototec

I don't wear anything on my wrist, ever since my 18 month tour in Nam, where every mission was "just get the job done - whatever it takes", it didn't matter how long it took, it's done when it's done, time was NOT a factor.

I still operate that way today, no beer-thirty for me, I work till the mission is complete and done right, if doing it right requires I work all day and all night, so be it, no time for a watch.

Oh, BTW, my cell phone has the time on it if I need it...

:smile:

redbarn

No. No they aren't.

More like a sign of caste, as in caste system or here in the us class system. Material objects will never denote high self worth. Not that I have anything against nice things, many of those pricey items are worth the extra cost but will always refuse to pay for a name... I care not if others think I am monetarily wealthy.

rjssigns

I have a couple Seiko's and my pre-crackdown Rolex Daytona clone strait from the back alleys of Shanghai. Cost was $25 about 6 years ago. It is a perfect copy right down to the engraving and factory hologram tag. I've shown it to people that own the real thing and they are amazed.

Chinese gov't stepped in and really put the clamps on those vendors for whatever reason.

Stagecraft

"I love Rolex watches they are a sign of Class." I have to respectfully disagree. When my dad passed away a few years ago, one of the things he left to me was a solid gold Rolex Oyster day/date perpetual with a sapphire crystal and a presidential strap. Those that know watches will tell you that this is one of the ultimate production timepieces. It was appraised at that time at a little over $17000. What a ridiculous pretentious waste of money, the only reason to ever own something like that is to wave your good fortune and wealth in front of everybody else that you consider to be beneath you. I sold that thing as fast as I could. Oh yeah, to answer the original question...I wear a Timex Expedition.

WildWestDesigns

What a ridiculous pretentious waste of money, the only reason to ever own something like that is to wave your good fortune and wealth in front of everybody else that you consider to be beneath you.

Over generalization. There are some that are like that for sure. Personally, I like watches, I don't consider what watch you wear or what vehicle you drive as an assessment of what type of person you are. If you think that of me because I wear a Rolex watch aren't you in fact doing the same thing that you are vilifying?