• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What watch do you wear on your wrist

John Butto

WildWestDesigns: Stagecraft was making a statement based on a son looking back on money his father spent on a watch that maybe should have been spent on something to help his family. It is a son coming to realizations after the death of his father which I think goes beyond just a watch.
But you took it as it was directed at you which makes me believe he has a point about the egotism of a person who does own a watch worth a fortune.

WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns: Stagecraft was making a statement based on a son looking back on money his father spent on a watch that maybe should have been spent on something to help his family. It is a son coming to realizations after the death of his father which I think goes beyond just a watch.
But you took it as it was directed at you which makes me believe he has a point about the egotism of a person who does own a watch worth a fortune.

Maybe, maybe not. It could be as simple as what was stated.

If what you suggest was what happened, I surely don't want to make light of it and that watch might be a symbol of that pain to him, and that is understandable, however, it doesn't always happen that way.

Last edited:

Stagecraft

Sorry Fellas, wrote that in a bit of anger and fatigue. Currently at my shop for the past 23 hours pulling an all-nighter with at least four more to go. I vivdly recall my mom having to scrape by raising us three kids without much in the way of child support. I don't live a spartan life by any stretch but I have a permanent bad taste in my mouth from overly extravagant displays of wealth.

54warrior

this one...

Attachments

• JR1252-1000x1000.jpg
    JR1252-1000x1000.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 66

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I love the Nixon 5150 I have a few of them in different colors, I actually collect watches and probably have 50 or 60 different ones

omgsideburns

Here are some of mine that I had pictures of on my phone.. most of the watches I wear are Seiko automatics that I like to customize myself (dial, hands, crystals, straps, bezel inserts). Every watch I own gets a little wrist time. I don't have an opinion on anything else, I like all watches. I don't care much for jewelry but watches excite me.

Attachments

• SomeWatches.jpg
    SomeWatches.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 71

Bly

Rip Curl surf watch.
I haven't surfed in years but this thing is automatic, has a lock down crown and takes a lot of abuse.

Tizz

An old Billabong watch on the right wrist, I use to wear for swimming. It stopped for about three months due to something internal getting stuck, but I still wore it! Lol

I banged it up just the other week accidentaly and it started working again!

skyhigh

Timex. Has to be gold (in color), and has to have a stretch band, so I can push it up my arm when I have my hands in something messy.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
OP by that photo it is past your bedtime - better go to sleep now.

nite

wayne k
guam usa

omgsideburns

Just received refunds on two watches I bought on eBay that never arrived. Bummer, because I'd rather have the watches.

Shadowglen

Hit another soft spot in my collecting category.
My Daily driver is a Casio Pathfinder, my crown jewel is a Tag Heuer Formula 1 Grande date, some older Siekos that I have owned for years, A black Wenger for my Dark Moods:cool:, an invicta Excursion that I seldom where due to the fact that it is larger than I thought when I ordered it. (52mm Case) then I have my Automatics. A Reserve Cadet Chrono., and the 2 reserve Grand Divers. All of the autos have the exhibition back to show the auto winding mechanisms.

Attachments

• casio.jpg
    casio.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 70
  • tag.jpg
    tag.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 78
  • old gold.jpg
    old gold.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 69
  • wenger.jpg
    wenger.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Reserve Excursion.jpg
    Reserve Excursion.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 64
  • cadett automatic.jpg
    cadett automatic.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 80
  • grand divers.jpg
    grand divers.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 76
  • auto back.jpg
    auto back.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 84

fmg

This is going to be my next timepiece.Stunning watch.

Attachments

• 45955_10151372866869917_1943814910_n.jpg
    45955_10151372866869917_1943814910_n.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 76