• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would cause this

gabagoo

But....

KMPF don't recognise your method of panel fabrication as being acceptable because from a UK perspective it's not.

Back lit sign panels like yours should be produced from quality cast Opal acrylic. The sizes you are working with dictate a minimum of 5mm acrylic thickness. All panels should be cut undersize and fitted with hanging bars to facilitate a "float" fit inside the cabinet.

KPMF are a UK company so it's perhaps not unreasonable for them to judge your project using UK standards.

Used on a suitably thick piece of cast acrylic both KMPF & Ritrama translucent films work just fine.

Based on that theory...why in hells name are they selling the stuff without a spec sheet...because no one would buy it no doubt....

99% of every signface I have ever worked on was 3/16 roll stock so that meets your 5mm standard... and I have yet to have a problem with translucents....I don't use Ritrama thankfully.

Patentagosse

Always had great experiences with KPMF cast vinyl for solid color letterings. Top quality products... expensive (at my supplier's place at least) but perform as expected. Glossier than any other brands. Vivid colors.

CanuckSigns

Just to reiterate, in the end it turns out it was Ritrama vinyl, my supplier led me to believe it was KPMF, but it was not.

synergy_jim

that sucks man. I have several signs in the area that take full sun with 3M translucent that have been up 7 years + and still look like new. I have only seen cracking like that when someone wants super cheap faces and we throw calendared on them.

I'm not saying thats what it is, but Im pretty sure you received some crap vinyl.