• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you charge for these yard signs?

goldunicorn77

I have an order for 12 of the white corrugate yard signs
Size 36" by 24" and stakes
they want this on both sides of the sign..

ANNUAL CRAFT FESTIVAL
DATE TIME
SPONSORED BY
(AND AN ARROW)

Just plain simple bold black lettering nothing fancy..
I just want to be sure I am charging in the right price area.
Thanks!

Ken

Well, you did not say wether you were printing these signs or cutting...and weeding ..vinyl. It would make a difference to me on how I would price this.
Ken

iSign

wow... the world is sooo different in other places
I would never have to work that hard for $300
Holy smokes!

I charge those prices for single face 12" x 18" (less for 12 pcs though)

at $24 ea, that's $2/sq. ft. and a lot more time laying down vinyl (cut or printed) then if it was a big banner. People here grumble about $2/sq. ft. banners (as well they should)... but they would work harder on this junk, for less? ...and throw in stakes too??

by the way, what kind of stakes will hold up a 2' x 3' sign?
(not those little cheapie coro kind I hope)

Shovelhead

yeh...

$360 for a Saturday afternoon cash.
Any day of the week.
AND I won't charge extra for getting the copy straight.
Ya gotta realize, I don't live on an island in the middle of an ocean.
I can drive 10 miles to the warehouse and get supplies.
Very lucky in the materials department.

iSign

so twice as big, same price.
OK, just checkin'

...when I saw 18x24, I thought maybe I wasn't the only one who thought the prices in this thread were low.

I do realize the freight & higher cost of living push my costs and my prices up.... but I do read about mainland prices on here all the time, so was a little surprised on this one, thats all.

24x18, double-sided, one color $45 ea., using pre-cut blanks. $2 per step stake.

36x24, double-sided, one-color $85 ea., stakes will vary.

1) 36x24 would require in-house cutting, thus cutting charge is factored in.
2) Would never recommend any type of wire stake for 36x24 due to wind (even slight amount would knock over sign), therefore would supply or suggest quckie wooden 1x2 stakes.
3) The idea is to make a profit and just because a job can generate more than the expected/hourly rate we would not be giving that up.

D

DARLAK

i would talk the customer into a 32" x 24" for better yield, i would sandwich two pieces of coro together glued together with silicon with a 3/4" white angle iron stake through the middle. I would get $65 each for them...

$780 plus tax or i'd try for $700 ca$h

four sheets of coro @ $28, 22 yards of Avery A6 vinyl @ $40

half a day to throw it all together...

Shovelhead

Even better....

i would talk the customer into a 32" x 24" for better yield, i would sandwich two pieces of coro together glued together with silicon with a 3/4" white angle iron stake through the middle. I would get $65 each for them...

$780 plus tax or i'd try for $700 ca$h

four sheets of coro @ $28, 22 yards of Avery A6 vinyl @ $40

half a day to throw it all together...

A4

D

DARLAK

shovel, i would use a6 cuz thats what i have laying around.....

Craig Sjoquist

24 x 36 ya can only get 4 out of a 4x8 with a throw away 1x8
would use a 10mil coraplas..doing a window that size might be as low as $60 each .. but would try $90 each a whole 4x8 window splash would be $250 but perm vinyl or 1shot $350 trying for $500
so it pays more to do bigger ads also work load is less
so I stay away from stuff like that cause ya don't get enough plus sales time is same

wraps-r-kewl

D

DARLAK

24 x 36 ya can only get 4 out of a 4x8 with a throw away 1x8
would use a 10mil coraplas..doing a window that size might be as low as $60 each .. but would try $90 each a whole 4x8 window splash would be $250 but perm vinyl or 1shot $350 trying for $500
so it pays more to do bigger ads also work load is less
so I stay away from stuff like that cause ya don't get enough plus sales time is same

???

:help: