• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you charge for these yard signs?

goldunicorn77

Well thats why I wanted to post this thread to figure out the going prices of yard signs--this group who wants them is the local Kiwanis Club--now they work on donations only so they dont have $80-$90 to pay for one yard sign (and they want 12) advertising their local craft fair....
Thanks all for the thoughts..

There is also only maybe 5-6 dollars difference in actual cost of materials between 18 x 24 and 24 x 36. So I can't imagine getting 85 - 90 bucks for them

That is a false assumption that many believe. Far too many people place too much emphasis on the cost of their raw materials. People need ot ask why it is that McDonalds will sell a hamburger for less than a buck, while Bennigans (and a slew of others) can get between $8 and $10....without any complaints.

Whether or not some are successful at it is another story.

It is the difference between an addict on the corner and Heidi Fleiss - I prefer Heidi's philosophy towards clients, service, and perceived value.

local Kiwanis Club

Charity/Community involvement can only go three ways with us.

1. We get our price.
2. We donate.
3. Or we do not do at all.

No way we can support every charity organization in the area. We have a select few that we do things for...with the understanding that we are not a charity organization ourselves.

goldunicorn77

Gotcha..
Ok but so far the prices range from 25.00-$90.00 sooo what gives for the huge difference...? I guess its just how much of a profit people want to make while others just cover their cost and then some...?

Graphics2u

That is a false assumption that many believe. Far too many people place too much emphasis on the cost of their raw materials. People need ot ask why it is that McDonalds will sell a hamburger for less than a buck, while Bennigans (and a slew of others) can get between $8 and $10....without any complaints.

Whether or not some are successful at it is another story.

It is the difference between an addict on the corner and Heidi Fleiss - I prefer Heidi's philosophy towards clients, service, and perceived value.

I wasn't meaning that because you only have a few more dollars in cost that the whole project should only be a few more dollars.

But a coroplast sign is still a coroplast sign and people perceive that they should be less expensive than other types of signs. And a coroplast sign is still the McDonalds of substrates, and should be priced accordingly. By the way I'd be 55.00 for the 24 x 36 d/f 1-color with stakes.

Anyone else getting hungry?:Big Laugh

iSign

But a coroplast sign is still a coroplast sign and people perceive that they should be less expensive than other types of signs. And a coroplast sign is still the McDonalds of substrates, and should be priced accordingly. By the way I'd be 55.00 for the 24 x 36 d/f 1-color with stakes.

When I started working for a vinyl sign shop 17 years ago... vinyl banners were the cheapest thing available, at $5/sq. ft.

7 years later when I began working for myself, I sold (one color - no art)banners for $5/sq. ft. Then over time it went up to $6, and later up to $7

This price is more about covering my time, my equipment, my maintaining an inventory of vinyl, & my availability to be here, answering the phone, & cranking out signs every day... not as much tied to the fact that banner stock is inexpensive.

If someone wants coro, I ask them why. If they want to use those wire stands, I'll quote them coro, but if they say they want a cheap sign, I show them a $5 aluminum blank & ask if that will work. I tell them the coro might be $2 less, but I don't stock it, specifically because people think it's cheap. By the time I'm done with it, it ain't cheap, so it might as well be done on something that looks nice for $2 more.

It may be the McDonalds of substrates, but this ain't McDonalds! :Big Laugh

Perceived value does not only apply to products... it applies to your business image as well. People can perceive how little they should pay as much as they want... but if they come in here with their perceptions, they leave with my perception... not shared with attitude, but with their own business's best interests in mind.

I'm offering a point of view that is intended to address business in general. I realize it doesn't apply as well to charity event signage for the local Kiwanis Club, as it does for a business sign... but many fundraisers for charitable organizations, are also business people, so my business images percieved value is always more important to me then then my clients corner cutting substrate choices perceived value.

Derf

Damn I'm gald I don't make many of these!..

If I did I'd be at $55.00 ea At 12 ordered