• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you guys charge for a 3x6 color vinyl print with laminate?

OhioSigns

.50 for installation?
$0.50 / Sq.Ft. = $9 on a 3' x 6' per side for mounting. Each one should take less than 10 minutes to wipe down the substrate and mount with my laminator. I'm sure if doing 8 of them you could mount all 8 in an hour or less which would be $72 and my shop rate is $65 / HR, so yeah $.50 / Sq.Ft. is where I would be.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
$0.50 / Sq.Ft. = $9 on a 3' x 6' per side for mounting. Each one should take less than 10 minutes to wipe down the substrate and mount with my laminator. I'm sure if doing 8 of them you could mount all 8 in an hour or less which would be $72 and my shop rate is $65 / HR, so yeah $.50 / Sq.Ft. is where I would be.

So, Ohio..... what happens if you're laminator goes down ?? And they order 16 more from you ?? Now, what are ya gonna do ?? Unless you have a Big Squeegee, you're f*cked.

OhioSigns

Chances of a laminator going completely down are pretty slim...... I'd be more worried about my printer going down. Unless it's a mechanical issue I can wheel it by hand just as fast through the laminator if it would be an electrical issue..... and yeah, what sign shop doesn't have big squeegee? I use mine pretty often when the laminator is tied up or I don't feel like unwebbing it. That wouldn't be a problem. If you guys think I'm wrong for charging what I do I guess it's probably due to the area that we are in. I would like to charge more but I also have to be somewhat competitive with Joe Blow down the street that works out of his house and only charges $30/HR.

OhioSigns

Gino
Just curious why you are putting down my $.50 / Sq. Ft price for mounting? Our prices appear to be pretty similar so you must be charging roughly the same for mounting...... You said you would do the job for $135 per Sign x 8 Signs + a 10% discount = $972
Depending on what vinyl / lam I used my pricing for the job is $864 to $1124. You never specified what material you would even be using. Unless you are using a cheap a$$ material and charging a ton more for the labor of mounting, I would say we're pretty close to the same pricing?

Randy Mercer

I get $80 all day long,,, OR I'll sell you my printer and laminator & you can print it your self... Asking $12k for all!!!

Attachments

• Roland2.jpg
    Roland2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 225

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
You are losing profit on the board that they supply.
Charge accordingly.

Also - no warranty. I've seen some garbage boards in the past.

visualeyez

I'd be at $6 sq.ft. for printing the file to adhesive vinyl (3651 ish). with adjusting the file.
$2 sq.ft. laminating with compatible product.
$3 sq.ft. mounting to provided substrate.
$198 each. maybe 5% bulk discount, but they are all the same amount of risk.

Got to remember, each step of the way you are are at a higher risk of ruining the product.

SameDay Signs

If a customer has print ready artwork my pricing would be:
3M 40C w/ 3M 8508 Overlaminate - $5.50 / Sq.Ft.
3M 40C w/ 3M 8518 Overlaminate - $6.75 / Sq.Ft.
3M IJ180CV3 w/ 3M 8518 Overlaminate $8.00 / Sq.Ft.

Mounting to a substrate that is ready for application (just a rub down with alchohol) is $.50 / Sq.Ft.

For my area I think I've got pretty good pricing but I still get underbid by another local sign company that works from home and likes to work for just about nothing. I would charge extra for setup / design time if the artwork is not "print ready" and I wouldn't offer a discount until they hit about 300 sq.ft.
I'm at $5 as ft for a ery 2923ez laminated.
$6,75 as ft for a little better and $8 as ft for the ij180 myself and though I don' HAVE the shop from home I get the I can get it online all the time lol....where at in Ohio I'm in NW tiffin

OhioSigns

I'm at $5 as ft for a ery 2923ez laminated.
$6,75 as ft for a little better and $8 as ft for the ij180 myself and though I don' HAVE the shop from home I get the I can get it online all the time lol....where at in Ohio I'm in NW tiffin
Our shop is in Greenville, just 15 minutes from the Indiana line and about 40 minutes NW of Dayton.

We'd be at $10.50 per sq. ft. for one of them, or around $7.50 per sq. ft. for eight of them with cast material (Orajet 3951RA w/ 290 lam). We'd be at around $8.50 per sq. ft. for one, or around $6.00 per sq. ft. for eight of them with calendered material (Orajet 3651 w/ 210 lam).

For mounting, we'd charge $12.50 per print.