• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where do i buy roll media for my ENCAD NOVAJET PRO 600e?

Techman

I have two 600E printers. I use them plenty. The print work is excellent. I use it for indoor banners, and displays. Works excellent for that. Also, parade banners, yard signs and some outdoor panels. The colors last outside with some liquid lam sauce. IT is so cheap to run this because supplies are around for cheap. Parts are on ebay.

Salmoneye

Don't sell outdoor signage made with this printer unless it is temporary, it's immoral. Use it for indoor signage and banners; you mentioned cut vinyl, use that for making long lasting outdoor signage. If you need outdoor signage that is printed there are so many good wholesale merchant members here that you could sub that printing work out to, eliminate the hassle, make good profit, not stock all that inventory and sell your customer a quality product. If your demand is high you will have plenty of dough to purchase your new printer.

OldPaint

Don't sell outdoor signage made with this printer unless it is temporary, it's immoral. Use it for indoor signage and banners; you mentioned cut vinyl, use that for making long lasting outdoor signage. If you need outdoor signage that is printed there are so many good wholesale merchant members here that you could sub that printing work out to, eliminate the hassle, make good profit, not stock all that inventory and sell your customer a quality product. If your demand is high you will have plenty of dough to purchase your new printer.
there is such a thing as TEMPORARY OUTDOOR SIGNAGE!!!!! pray tell why i would even consider giving a client a sign that will last 3 years, when i can make same sign that will last the 30-90 days HE SAID he was gona use it???? like i said in another post i got printed logos on my truck, done with my encad 736, that are 3 YEARS OLD.........and still readable(some fade of course)

Salmoneye

If you will look above your statement where I assume that you are YELLING WITH ALL CAPS!!!! Check out my post that you referenced maybe 1st line words 9,10,11,12... You at least have to read the post if you are going to reference it. lol I am actually impressed how long your decals have lasted but from some others I have seen I would find it hard to count on it. I still think he should sub out the actual outdoor signage (other than temp coro...) there is still a lot of other things that he can print with it with fine quality.

Techman

Salmoneye??

There is nothing immoral about using our printers for outdoor usage. Do you have an encad? Have you used one? How many prints have you looked at? From what I read you do not have an encad..

Also what do you consider temporary? To me temp means just a few weeks such as yard signs or grand opening banners.

I use my encad for short term outdoor usage all the time. Short term meaning months instead of weeks. I had one panel on the shady side of a trailer last well into 18 months..

So with that thought I would suggest that you do not condem the usage of an encad for reasonable outdoor usage. I print many outdoor panels all of which do the job just fine. I printed for several small covered trailers used in parades and the print was fine when changed year later. In fact the clients mentioned they still looked good. Some good lam juice and a little care and the encad sheets will last plenty long when a proper evaluation is used for the application.

There is an encad printed banner being used as I type. I printed it 3 yrs ago and it looks great. I expect them to keep using this banner for years. Should I post a pic of it?

Salmoneye

You are right Techman, my post was a bit over the top. The point that I am really trying to make is for actual outdoor signage, i.e. the sign that will be facing south hanging over my business door for X amount of years there might be better solutions. I really do think that there are lots of folks that would benefit from subbing some stuff out until they develop a demand. There are lots of inexpensive solvent printers out there, I was really wanting to say sub that segment out until you sell a few jobs and use the money to purchase... ... I am hesitant to sell solvent prints even on some applications because I am worried about the longevity, five years goes by awfully quick. I also do not have an encad but I have seen some prints that faded quite quickly outdoors. There is nothing immoral about selling them as long as the customer knows what they are getting and how it compares to other industry standards. Sorry for the over the top response.

OldPaint

ok......i agree with this.....
The point that I am really trying to make is for actual outdoor signage, i.e. the sign that will be facing south hanging over my business door for X amount of years there might be better solutions.
ANNNNNNND THE BETTER SOLUTION.......if you want XX amount of years is.............
PAINT!!!!!! i have done south facing signs WITH PAINT that have been out ther for 5-8 years))))))) but only a few can do this..........