• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where doesn't frank put his face?

petepaz

fellers salesman stopped in today. which he does from time to time and he gives me a card every time so i looked at it and it has franks face on it.

really even on your salesman's cards ???

he is everywhere, do they put a print of him in the urnial so they can have target practice...haha

jbennett

I don't mind his face as much as I mind hearing about his fresh vinyl. I can nearly recite the on-hold spiel. It is time to change it up somehow Fresh Vinyl Frank.

jbennett

genericname

...he is everywhere, do they put a print of him in the urnial so they can have target practice...haha

Gotta let the drones know they're on the dime!

I really picture their warehouse with armed guards wearing Frank masks, and giant screens with Frank's disembodied head smiling down at them, "A productive worker makes a happy Frank! And a happy Frank makes fewer full body cavity searches!"

Pat Whatley

I laughed at his face on my reps card the last time he was in. In his defense however if you think of all the other major suppliers in the industry how many owners can you actually name? You can't even get a supervisor on the phone at most suppliers....at Fellers you can get Frank on the phone.

MindsEyeOpen

You can't even get a supervisor on the phone at most suppliers....at Fellers you can get Frank on the phone.

Very true. At my last shop we had some issues with pricing and our sales rep dropping the ball on a lot of things. Sent Frank an email and he personally handled the situation. I was very impressed by that.

Techman

Frank is the center of the marketing for his company. He is a Brand name. That is the sign of an expert marketing company managing his accounts.

I would like to spend a day with who ever the marketing director is to get some ideas.

If we notice his marketing model is the same as Obama's. IT works as witnessed byt the very fact of this post..

petepaz

Frank is the center of the marketing for his company. He is a Brand name. That is the sign of an expert marketing company managing his accounts.

I would like to spend a day with who ever the marketing director is to get some ideas.

If we notice his marketing model is the same as Obama's. IT works as witnessed byt the very fact of this post..

his face on the card may bring up the discussion but it doesn't make me buy his products.

petesign

We had one stop by yesterday. Funny this post came up. He said he had been there 4 months, and had 2000 cards when he started. Said his boss contacted him and told him he was getting new ones, because they didn't have franks face on them. He was driving a Prius and it had Franks face on the rear quarter panels. At least they're consistent.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't care whose face is on the card, I like the guy. He's always been very cordial and helpful for me and our company.

He has helped on a personal level and from being a middleman when A V E R Y tried to screw us. Whenever I saw him at a show, I got a big hug and a long firm handshake and he always refers to our account being his oldest at #4.

We don't buy as much from them as they have dropped selling paints, brushes, banners, screen supplies and so many other things, so our purchases have really dropped off. He has a direction and has tried various methods, but the main one of keeping his face out there has worked in my opinion.

Ya can't deny he's doing something right to still be there after about 25 years and still going strong.

Go gettum cowboy !!

brian_fellers

I'm actually a sales rep for Fellers. Prior to that, I worked for a sign company for 8 years, and I always purchased materials from Fellers. I used to make comments to my old boss about Frank always being throughout the catalog, but his "tips" are actually very helpful. I too have the business cards with his face on it, but that's all part of his marketing, and it works, because we are talking about it!! LOL So, when I started working for Fellers, I got to meet him. He was one of the most down to earth guys you'll meet, very nice man. I'm proud to be working for Frank Feller!! When you think about it, this guy started 25+ years ago in HIS GARAGE, sewing banners. 25 years later, Fellers is the LARGEST vinyl distributor in the country, with 72 warehouses. So.....he has branded HIMSELF, and it has worked. They have plans to open 2 more warehouses soon, they continue to grow grow grow every single year. I'd say he's doing something right!! :)

Techman

his face on the card may bring up the discussion but it doesn't make me buy his products.

Yes, you are not one of his clients.
But there are hundreds of others who buy lots of stuff..

Hicalibersigns

I respect the marketing effort and acknowledge that it is successful. I bought Avery materials from them until Grimco matched their price. My problem with Fellers... The phone reps that we deal with are just down right nasty. Rude, unresponsive and...well nasty.. I don't need that. If I can buy from some one else I do.

Richard G

I used to buy from him when all he did was banners. Ya gotta give him this though we are all talking about him and that's what he wants. Now he can laugh all the way to the bank. We the sign companies are the workers and people like Frank are the one's making the real money. Just my 2 cents.

Jackpine

I've bought from Feller's since he started years ago when he sewed banners in his garage. I still get cut vinyl, application tape, banner material and some print material and never had a problem.

petepaz

although some people have has some issues with fellers and i know i started the thread but it wasn't a knock on the sales guy or the company. we have gone through 3 sales people with fellers and they have all been helpfull and always stopped by like every 5-6 weeks or so and i have never had any issues with the company itself. i just find it funny that he has to plaster his face every where but hey what ever works (he is making more money than me so have at it)