• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where i can get chrome vinyl good quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baz

All i have seen here is finished pictures ... And text reviews. No once did we see people actually wrapping extreme curved surfaces with chrome vinyl. Read the spec sheets for this stuff. It is for flat surfaces and mild curves! Chrome vinyl is not like other wrapping vinyls. It is not made that way. It does not stretch that way either ... Even heating it and stretching it will affect the material's finish.

I call bullshit on this stuff and what people say they can do with it. :noway:

Last edited:

MachServTech

All i have seen here is finished pictures ... And text reviews. No once did we see people actually wrapping extreme curved surfaces with chrome vinyl. Read the spec sheets for this stuff. It is for flat surfaces and mild curves! Chrome vinyl is not like other wrapping vinyls. It is not made that way. It does not stretch that way either ... Even heating it and stretching it will affects the material's finish.

Thats why I am fascinated. I would love to see this done.

Farhat

I would also love to see it! ... It would be a huge seller to finally have chrome vinyl "made" for vehicles!! But so far chrome vinyl sucks big time.

why u guys still don believ me? why always should prove?
here some pics if u still don believe.. i hope this will be enough to prove that it is possible to wrap

Farhat

here is the process of wrapping with chrome vinyl

Attachments

• fil24663.jpg
    fil24663.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 109
  • fil24660.jpg
    fil24660.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 86
  • fil24692.jpg
    fil24692.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 93
  • fil18995.jpg
    fil18995.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 91
  • fil24659.jpg
    fil24659.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 101

Farhat

All i have seen here is finished pictures ... And text reviews. No once did we see people actually wrapping extreme curved surfaces with chrome vinyl. Read the spec sheets for this stuff. It is for flat surfaces and mild curves! Chrome vinyl is not like other wrapping vinyls. It is not made that way. It does not stretch that way either ... Even heating it and stretching it will affect the material's finish.

u wanted to see the pics of wrapping.. u cn see them i posted ust now... do u hve anything to say now? its possible!!!

Baz

u wanted to see the pics of wrapping.. u cn see them i posted ust now... do u hve anything to say now? its possible!!!

Yes i did wanted to see! Thank you for those pictures:thumb: I would really like to know what brand of vinyl that is!!! Nothing i know of on this side of the planet does that. All of the chrome vinyl i have used i can basically categorize as crap.

Browner

Ok, maybe the di-noc folks could have a crack at this.
They currently don't have anything that looks like chrome. There's a couple of brushed metal type finishes, but that's about it. (Unless you already knew that, and were suggesting that they should make some). :smile:

cdiesel

Look at the way the "vinyl" is draping off the hood in the first pic above. We use a lot of both the polyester and metallized films, and neither will drape like that. Whatever they're using is very new, as you all know as soon as it is widely released in the states it'll be on the cover of every magazine out there! It's gotta be a DiNoc-like film..

Mosh

Cool if it is a new vinyl. Never heard of it before now. BTW since you are not from the states I still think you are full of it....LOL!

southpawP8NTR

That thing would be blinding on a hot summers day, causing accidents and hot chicks checking themselves out in the reflection. Haha I might just order some!

Farhat

Yes i did wanted to see! Thank you for those pictures:thumb: I would really like to know what brand of vinyl that is!!! Nothing i know of on this side of the planet does that. All of the chrome vinyl i have used i can basically categorize as crap.
even me i want to know from where they get this stuff..but anyways they will not share i think so...they r only dealers in russia... but one guy from us .. he says that he has better than that and all UAE Dubai chrome cars wrapped with his materials...its chrome oracal..but abt that product its called polyester metallized.. if anyone finds just lemme know.kk?
BTW anyone from US? cn u guys check the that guy who says he has best quality chrome vinyl?

FSM_Kelly

Hexis has cast chrome, gold, and metallic vinyl. I don't have their catalogs in front of me with the part numbers. Contact a Hexis distributor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.