• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where to purchase vinyl and what do you suggest

Richard Flint

done so much .. with so little
for so long .. that I can do anything
with nothing ..
I will post pictures of my work when I am done ..

Like in the portrait business .. everyone got camera phones so
our business dropped.

Maybe its time for some sign makers to find new work.

BTW I have been LMAO with this post
thanks for real

Now I'm confused......I thought he was in the moving business?

humaninput

I am a photographer helping a friend
that owns the moving business.

Looks like DOG spends his time hangN
at the forum .. hehehhe
Not busy making signs ...

damn them Chinese plotters

hehehhe

Sign_Boy

BECAUSE WE, who are good at it...MAKE IT LOOK SO EASY A CAVE MAN CAN DO IT))))))))

OP is living proof of that!!! ahhhahahaahahaahaha

I get my vinyl from the shop down the road. I dig through their trash late at night and take the scraps.

And I use a rusty x-acto to cut it. LOL

Check out the merchant members below. They can help.
Not to mention if you're that good in PS, why not make a partial wrap for the side of the truck.
Sub that print out man. Support a brother!!!

Not to mention you might save your buddy a few $$$$ in the process.
That is unless you want to get into making signs.

Last edited:

R08

Come on human... you promised to post some of your work at the end of this.

We're chompin at the bit....
Show us something.

We're waiting:Coffee:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey RedWolf….

I see that you deleted what you originally wrote about me and some of your answers. See, it sometimes helps a person to write it, read it a few times and then read one more time what they wrote before posting so you don’t feel so much like a horse’s petunia.

I was not directing my post towards you or anyone else…. but the whole crew in general. In fact, I posted negatively towards the OP, but not to the degree many of you were having fun doing.

Whether you stomp on someone’s toes or tick someone off really doesn’t matter…. as much as the method one chooses. Is it really necessary to be cruel to someone ?? It’s very easy to poke fun and do it with comradery and not make someone hurt while doing it. Sure people all get fired up and go to town on someone, but as in this case…. we were all wrong about this guy. He was asking for someone else and didn’t tell us all of the facts, but that still shouldn’t matter. I’ve gone ballistic on some Newbies, but for the most part…. they hung themselves long before I came along. Some are still here…. some not….. but those that survive usually take the hazing in stride such as humaninput has done.

No, RedWolf…. I’m not pointing you out, but I thought it was rather funny how you quickly pulled your full response in a matter of minutes after posting it.

Urq

Come on human... you promised to post some of your work at the end of this.

We're chompin at the bit....
Show us something.

We're waiting:Coffee:
OK I found a photo of there moving van.

Attachments

• 800px-Duct-tape_Moving_Van.jpg
    800px-Duct-tape_Moving_Van.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:

RedWolf

Hey RedWolf….

I see that you deleted what you originally wrote about me and some of your answers. See, it sometimes helps a person to write it, read it a few times and then read one more time what they wrote before posting so you don’t feel so much like a horse’s petunia.

No, RedWolf…. I’m not pointing you out, but I thought it was rather funny how you quickly pulled your full response in a matter of minutes after posting it.

Like you said, I re-read what I wrote. I stated someplace in another thread that my fingers are faster than my mind..lol. It is true in most cases. Dial up does not help either when trying to remove something that would be unneeded and uncalled for towards somebody (yeah you..lol) that was merely trying to shed some light on the actions we sometimes take towards others. Sometimes it stays there for a minute or so before removal. So I do apologize to you Gino for the things I stated that not many seen. Not because you seen it, yet because it was uncalled for.

Matt

fastcut

I bet all of you have fallen short when the time came to hire a moving company just cuz you were so arrogant to think you could do it yourself and not break anything...I know I have.

LMAO I couldn't resist!

fastcut

I can just hear them now on the "professional movers" forum...

"You find some boxes behind a liquor store and buy some packing tape and you think you're a pro!"

I'm skipping out to google that LOL

It's ALMOST 5:00 somewhere :beer

humaninput

On a serious note .. I did get good information from you all and thanks.
I wear several hats, but now I want to add the sign makers hat to my collection. You folks are fun and I have showed this forum to everyone
and we all got a good laugh (not enough of that going around)...
really like the one about movers forum
making fun of people getting their own boxes etc .. lol
thanks guys

RedWolf

Humaninput... On a serious note. First mistake you did was to buy a chinese cutter. It may work for a bit but odds are it wont when you really need to get something done asap. While it still works, start looking for a decent used cutter if cost is an issue. I believe I have seen a used Roland sell here for around $400.

About the moving business...Now be honest, did you help the lady in the green car load up her vehicle for the move? lol...jk.. Gotta love that duct tape though.

Matt

N2Harpz

All I can think of is the amount of vinyl I went through trying to learn how to use the software, and appling it without bubbles. ........ LOL ...

N2Harpz

Hey ... I just came back from Walmart. I thought you guys said they had vinyl there ? ...... LOL